Black Sabbath

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dario Argento
I wonder why we have never discussed any of Italian horror master Mario Bava's movies in here.

Black Sabbath is a trio of Haunting tales.

The firs tale is called "The Telephone" and is known as the first giallo in color. Rosy, a young beautiful woman receives a string of threatening phone calls. She keeps asking who it is and he tells her that she will know just before he kills her. So Rosy calls her "friend" Mary and ask her to come over.

The second one is called "The Wurdulak". Count Vladimire d'Urfe finds a headless corpse with a knife in it. He arrives to a farm belonged to and old man, Gorka (Boris Karloff). The family of Gorka gives him food and shelter. Gorka is away, and he told his family that if he doesn't return in five days they should kill him. because then he would have turned into a wurdulak (a kind of a vampire that feasts on the blood of loved ones.)
Gorka returns a little too late, and the family doesn't kill him.

The third one is called "The Drop of Water". It is a ghost story about a nurseis called to ready the corpse of an elderly medium who passed away during a violent seance. The old lady has a really creapy face and a blue ring on her finger. The nurse gets tempted a steals the ring.

The tales are pretty scary espesially "The Wurdulak" and "The Drop of Water.
The use of color in the films are amazingly beautiful and powerful. You can compare it to the use of color in Dario Argento's "Suspiria" and "Opera".

Has any of you seen it?

DeNiro
nope but i think i am going to go see if i can find it at blockbuster now though.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.