Its Dance Dance Revolution

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Trinity_Matrix
Who here plays DDR? I love DDR, it's great fun. I play it at the arcade any chance I can get, and I've got DDR Max 2 and a DDR pad for my PS2. Lot's of fun. I like arcade 3rd Mix the best, but the only machines they've got left near me are 1st mix, 5th mix, and DDR Max.

So does anyone else play DDR?

SilverFighter
I have seen the arcade version of DDR and it looks like lots of fun. But isn't the songs too repetitive? Anyways this is one video game I can see given gamers a good work out wink

Trinity_Matrix
The songs aren't really repetitive, most of them have some pattern to the steps, though. Which actually makes it easier to play. But it's a ton of fun, and yeah, it does give you quite a workout yes I've been known to play it for three hours in a row blink

SaTsuJiN
omg ddr is the bestest big grin I like :

Rythm and police
True (trance)
Afronova (Reven G)
Tsugaru
Kakumei
butterfly (upswing mix)
Sakura (reven G)
Cartoon Heroes
Baby Balloon
Burning Heat
Rain of Sorrow
Take me Away
Drifting away

just to name a few stick out tongue

I also try to practice them all on heavy for a good workout (^ ^

Trinity_Matrix
My favorites are:
Butterfly (Upswing Mix) --- my absolute fave, first DDR song I ever did smile
End of the Century
Dream a Dream
Boom Boom Dollar
Stomp to my Beat
So Many Men (this is my friend's theme song, lol)

Umm...those are my favorite ones to do in the arcade, my favorite DDR Max 2 PS2 songlist is:
End of the Century
Heaven
Tsugaru
Dive
Kind Lady
Hysteria
Ghosts
Busy Child

...and those are all just the songs I can think of the names too off the top of my head big grin

VallejoKid707
I like playing AfroNova.

SaTsuJiN
End of the Century
Dream a Dream
Dive

Ooh I forgot about these, these are good too~ ^^
I also like "In the navy" on heavy, cuz I love the gallop steps

Trinity_Matrix
Hee, haven't tried that one yet...

kofmaster
DDR !!!! >.< i love it muahah i play it all the time i go to the arcade

anyone here enter compertisions?

Trinity_Matrix
I haven't, I'm not good enough...(I'm lucky to get a B on 5 stars on Standard...) Though I have a few friends who've entered competitions before.

SaTsuJiN
8 footer heavys are pretty easy since I've learned to read some of the arrows properly. I still find songs like "Rain of sorrow" or "Break Down" on heavy pretty challenging.. I can only pass those on a good day

kofmaster
i love to play "so deep" on heavy its so fun ^^

SaTsuJiN
I just really really dont like judy crystal songs.. she recycles the same melody in a different tone for like 4 songs.

PadfootsPyrefly
I love DDR. big grin hehe

SaTsuJiN
ddr is the bestest... Dance with intensity (ddr simulator) has a whole section dedicated to goddess ayu (Ayumi Hamasaki) she's too good... *drool*

Trinity_Matrix
Heehee, my friends just got me a new DDR pad for my birthday, it's wireless and glows in the dark yes Very cool.

Ayu is great, I just got her A-Ballads CD as well as two of the Ayu-Trances, and I have Rainbow...

(and totally off-topic, but this was my 1000th post big grin)

JKozzy
I have DDRMAX. Awesome game, but not enough songs!

Trinity_Matrix
Max 2 has a lot more songs yes

VengeanceGOD
I'm trying currently to master Healing Vision (Angelic Mix) on Standard. Hard as freakin' hell.

kofmaster
WHOP WHOP *dances round the room* hehe ^^ in happy mood and DDR compertision coming up for me^^ heheheh

sssaiya
I have played DDR for a long time I even got my own dance pad for PSX just to play... hehehe big grin its good exercise!

kofmaster
anyone ever fallen off the machine? i know i have whaahah ^^

SaTsuJiN
O_o cant say I have.... I 'have' fumbled to search the right panel to step on, cuz they feel just slightly different from the pure metal panels. Arcade pad is more bouncy, but home feels softer and more comfy

Trinity_Matrix
I've nearly fallen off the arcade machine...and once I was playing at my friend's house and her pad starting sliding around underneath me and I nearly fell on her coffee table blink

JKozzy
You were playing it on the coffee table?!?! blink

VengeanceGOD
No, he nearly fell ON her Coffee table. I read it wrong at first too. wink

Personally, I hate the pads. It's too hard to do right. I just put it on the screen and do it on my floor.

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud No! Her DDR pad was set up NEXT to the coffee table in her living room, so when I lost my balance I nearly fell and landed on the coffee table!

kofmaster
I'll never play ddr in wet shoes again hahahah ^^

Trinity_Matrix
...well, duh...that's just a bad idea altogether...

...then again, so is playing DDR in boots with three inch heels. My feet hurt for two days after THAT adventure...

VengeanceGOD
Yeah, I tried playing in wet shoes once. Really dumb and really scary...nearly broke my ankle.

PadfootsPyrefly
Hm...coffee table....*goes and experiments* laughing out loud

SaTsuJiN
playing ddr on a machine where someone spilt slushee is not a good idea..... evil sticky junk...

Trinity_Matrix
Eewww...I can imagine...

kofmaster
ewwwwwwww

but slushees are nice whaha laughing stick out tongue

VengeanceGOD
lol...that whahaha made me think of Stong Bad's laugh. smile

kofmaster
whaahha i always say wahaha instead of just haha

its a joke between me and my friend jerry laughing

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud Strong Bad!!!

"Trogdor comes in the NIIIIGHT!!!" big grin

Anyway....yes blink

Max Unlimited on Heavy is REALLY hard...

SaTsuJiN
personally those crazy crazy step songs dont do anything for me, its more like trying to have an anneurism than enjoying the game. I like songs like sakura 8th mix, or something nice like that. You probably need the bar in the back to do that crazy max on heavy laughing out loud

JKozzy
Heavy? EEEE!
*runs away*

Fire
game's hilarious to watch big grin

SaTsuJiN
well if you see them do an extremely fast song on heavy and get AAA... then 'hilarious' becomes 'amazing'

Trinity_Matrix
Yes it is, but it's a hell of a lot of fun to play yes

We actually beat Max Unlimited on Heavy...we did it by having four people each on one arrow. We wound up with a D laughing out loud Really silly but really funny.

PadfootsPyrefly
I wish I could of seen that -.-

Wolfie
DDR is the best game ever!

Trinity_Matrix
This morning I played 20 rounds of DDR in a row blink yeah, I'm a bit insane...

SaTsuJiN
hehe... Im still attempting to beat ffx -_- I figured I'd reward myself with some ddr as sort of a drive to get ffx finished @_@ *looks at dancepad* ..........

Trinity_Matrix
laughing out loud I haven't played FFX in ages, I was my third way through and just finished Bevelle Temple when we got FFX-2, DDRMAX2, and Karaoke Revolution...and those games have just utterly distracted me embarrasment But I have beaten FFX-2...

SaTsuJiN
I have ffx-2 but I havent gotten far... I couldnt help but get it though.. it looked so pretty sitting on the shelf all lonely... $_$

G.A.mbit_DDR
Hey! I haven't seen any good DDR topics so here's one now all you DDR players (Step Mania doesn't count) talk about your favorite songs and your scores here!

I can G.A. anyone!

I'm a cowgirl,
and I'm riding on my horse.
bang ba-doo bang!

lol that's sadly one of my best songs lol

G.A.mbit_DDR
c'mon some1 here g2 play DDR u cant all b fat ass couch potatos lmao jk

G.A.mbit_DDR
wow...mayb u all actually r!

SaTsuJiN
I like DDR Max and DDR Max 2 equally so I really cant vote for one

Lionheart
I played them but i need a story line to keep teh game going

G.A.mbit_DDR
yay finally after 2 days ppl posted lol

SaTsuJiN
you can G.A. ? what exactly is G.A.'ing someone?

G.A.mbit_DDR
iut means u can get more greats than some1 else...even tho perfects r better...but i can control it if i want greats i get greats and if i want perfects i get perfects...just sometimes if their is a lot of pressure, like a lot of ppl, watching or i need to AA the song 4 an extra stage, i tend to get greats but like at home i get mostly perfects

G.A.mbit_DDR
(sry to post whore but i forgot) the only weay u can G.A. (great attack) some1 is to b going against them in versus not alternating turns cuz the higher the stage the harder the lv is too pass cuz the meter goes dwn more if u miss (if meter enpties u lose)

SaTsuJiN
Hmm.. so whats the hardest song you can do?

Trinity_Matrix
Heh...I started a DDR topic on here a while ago...

VilleValo462
does it matter which is best .. on all of them you jus dance like a retard ...

G.A.mbit_DDR
-_- the hardest song i can AA is drop out (fast version) and villevalo462 just cuz u cant do DDR doesnt mean u have to insult us who can

G.A.mbit_DDR
lol no1 likes konamix

SaTsuJiN
*bump*

hehehe, so as we were saying. Hmm.. I cant do rhythm and police on heavy good yet.. I can only get a D messed any tips for that one?

Trinity_Matrix
Nope, I've never done that song before....

G.A.mbit_DDR
um...its my poll but its not my topic anymore wat happnd?

G.A.mbit_DDR
tips on R&P

u got to turn ur body if u cant do that then u have to bar it

DDRMAN8602
i LOVE ddr. does anyone know if you can play it on pc? i know you can get it and play with the keyboard, but can you play it with a dance pad on your PC? i have heard of PS2 to USB adapters for the dance pad. has anyone ever tried these? any information about ddr on PC would be helpful THANKS!

Gambit_DDR
Not fair! I made a DDR poll on your favorite mix and only SatsuJiN replied! Wahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

dragonpisces272
DDR? i remember there was this ddr thing in a arcade in the theaters. I went with my cousin there and we still had a good 30 minutes before the movie started, so we went over to the arcade section. She said "you should try ddr its really fun". I've seen people on ddr and i thought it looked fun and everything, so we both got on the mat. I said to her that I dont really play this much so put it on easy or something. But she said easy isnt fun and she picked that medium level. When the song started playing, i was like, okay this isnt that hard. Until all of these arrows started moving up and then I was getting all confused on which arrow to step on messed...It was pretty embarrasing cause all these people were staring and i was dancing there like an idot laughingWhen I looked at my cousin she was like, stepping perfectly on all the arrows and stuff and i was like "how'd you do that?" And she said it's real easy stick out tongue but I can do that medium level now lol...

ElectricBugaloo

WindDancer
Just bumping this thread to show you guys a weird story that involves Dance dance revolution!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2004/06/30/news_6101687.html

I can't believe it! messed

Elektra_lover
The gre8est songs r Dreaam a Dream ghots Breakdown Speed over Betthoven and Tsagur

BlackHatDefect
I HOPE this hasn't been done already....
This is the ultimate game
You've probably seen it at arcades a lot.Its with those arrows that go up the screen and you stomp according to the arrow.It sounds stupid but its seriously addicting.Its also known as the anime geeks way of dancing...

Right now im on light/standard mode and my fave song is Waka Laka or Rythem/Police

So anyone here a DDR freak????

Elektra_lover
I love this game, my fav songs are Dream a Dream, Break Down, End of the centuary,. and speed over behtoveen

BackFire
This game is horrible. It single handedly destroyed arcades.

Kaleanae
I have never played it, maybe never will, but I saw some kids having fun while playing it messed

§pearhead
Listen, when I go to play a game, I do it to relax. I'd rather go on a bike ride for exercise then play DDR.

Silver Stardust
There's already a DDR thread somewhere (I started it a looong time ago)...

I love DDR, it's a ton of fun yes

Elektra_lover
Lots and lots

BlackHatDefect
Those song are WAY COOL!Im pretty good@End cause its just so damn fun.It reminds me of Hystaria a bit..

BoomStix
I use play this until I start playing DZ2DJ, now that is more my cup of java.
Currently I am playing an online version of this game call O2jam, you can read more details on it at http://www.o2jam.com.my

one of the best thing about this game is you can download new tracks every week from the server !

BlackHatDefect
DDR is still my thing,although Para Para Paridise looks WAY cool as well.Its the best in dance technolagy

Silver Stardust
OMG! Someone else knows about Para Para!!! I love Para Para, it's great fun yes Too bad there's only one Para Para machine in the state of Illinois, as far as I know...thankfully it's by where I live big grin

BlackHatDefect
THATS WHERE I LIVE!!!!!!!I really wanna play it(iv only seen people play it)WHERE MIGHT I FIND THIS MACHINE!!!!!?/?//

darksephiroth13
omg DDr is lke tha best
fav songs-
End of the century
Tsugaru
The whistle song
bethovens sleepover
and max unlimited

BlackHatDefect
You got kickass taste!

Myth
DDR can go to hell! I hate DDR and wish it was never invented. The game itself isn't that bad. Infact, the first time I came across it (in an arcade), I played it for like a half hour. However, at my school there is a big screen TV hooked up to satelite. Often, my friends and I used it for watching movies or tuning into NBA games. Of course these couple of geeks who are obsessed with this game will bring there PS2 in there and hog the TV for 4-6 hours which is F*CKING RIDICULOUS! They always have it reserved and there is no reasoning with them, INCLUDING DURING A GAME 7 NBA PLAYOFF GAME! Those f*cking pieces of shit. DAMN YOU DDR!

SaTsuJiN
lmao, arcades destroyed themselves by having horrible games 2 years before ddr even came out. Arcade is dead til someone comes up with a good idea to keep people interested

Elektra_lover
DDR is awsome i play it for like an hour each day

Myth
Seriously. Back in the day, arcade games were more advanced than home systems. Now, video game consoles and PCs have flat out better games so why feed coins into a machine that is out of your way if the games aren't as good.

raginrhino_316
i think ddr blows so much

Silver Stardust
It's at Mitsuwa Marketplace in Arlington Heights, do you know where that is? They've got a Para Para Paradise Machine, an EXCELLENT DDR machine, and I think a Beatmania machine yes By any chance did you go to Anime Central?

I played DDR last night for about three hours yes laughing out loud

BlackHatDefect
WOW,im like 15 minnutes from there!!!Leeeeeeets D D R and Ppppppara Para!!!!!THANK YOU!!!

Silver Stardust
Seriously? I'm like 30 minutes from there and may be going there tomorrow laughing out loud

BlackHatDefect
Wow,im not that good but maybe i can challange you sometime...

Silver Stardust
lol I only know three Para Para songs...and haven't really played DDR much lately...but sure, why not laughing out loud

moonwalker741
rythm and police on heavy...woo hoo....ddr rules!

Elektra_lover
Has anyone heard about the next DDR for PS2? I heard it has a Speed Mix of Cant stop fallin in love. Thats all the info i have

SaTsuJiN
well I know its gonna have sakura :drool:
I wanna master sakura on heavy <3 <3 <3
eek! eek!

Elektra_lover
I hope it has
SPEED OVER BEETHOVEN
It was the first song i ever played. It has sentinental value...lol.

BlackHatDefect
I preordered DDR3 like 4 months ago...it seemed i sared the crap uot of the guy at the cash register/i suppose im now:the crazy otaku DDR geek"

Elektra_lover
lol

Elektra_lover
Any one else know any songs?

SaTsuJiN
a song list appears to be here.. but Im not exactly sure if they're referring to some of thier other (or older games).

http://www.konami.co.jp/am/ddr/extreme/index.html

http://www.konamityo.com/bemani/extreme/

I'll stay tuned for any release of a ps2 ver. song list wink

BlackHatDefect
I took a poll and apparently the most popular song is Butterfly

Silver Stardust
Butterfly is my favorite DDR song, followed by Kind Lady, End of the Century, and Love Again Tonight yes

Elektra_lover
Its in a diffrent language msn-cry

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.