Wheres the creativity?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scarymvyfanatic
Honestly all of the newer horror movies are either like remakes or repeated storylines, i seriously think we need a totally new ACTUALLY SCARY horror movie, wat do u think?

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, but good luck finding any. Horror has been doing this since the early 80's. Nothing but franchises and rehashes.

The most ingenuitive franchises that come to mind that are somewhat recent are "Scream" and "Final Destination". While alot of people may not like them, and I love them, they are indeed original.

HockeyHorror
International Horror movies are creative at times.

scarymvyfanatic
I loved Scream thats a little older but i LOVED Final destination that was the most original and creative movie i have seen in a LONG time

FEDFAN316
don't forget jeepers creepers.that was pretty original.and sort of scary too.but they need a new one also cause all those were made in 2001 and 2003 and scream was 1999 i think.

Evil Dead
Scream was like '96 or '97 I do believe........

Jeepers Creepers (where'd you get those peepers?) is pure trash.....

Dario Argento
I have never seen "Final Destination" but "Scream"... Come on! that movie sucks. its not original in any way, its boring, not funny, and not scary. Theres nothing to like in it.. I hate that movie so much.

Cinemaddiction
The spooky stalker angle has done plenty of times before.

The "Scream" franchise is indeed original, in plenty of ways. Find me another horror movie franchise that tore up all the stupid horror movie cliches, in addition to paying homage to some of the Horror genre greats at the same time, while still being original, entertaining, and actually becoming less and less predictible as the franchise went on.

I found to it be funny, especially given the improvisation in the original by Skeet Ulrich and Matt Lilliard. It was a goofy satire of itself, and probably Wes Craven's saving grace.

That's fine if you don't like it, but to say it's unoriginal is bullshit, and factually untrue.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.