Michael Crichton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

scarymvyfanatic
Hey guys, ever heard of michael crichton? He is one of the best(in my oppinion) sci fi authors ever!!! He wrote many books to become classic movies including Jurassic Park1, Jurassic Park2 and Timeline! Also he has written at least 15 books, anyone no ne thing else bout him?

BadKitty
time line was one of our books of the month
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=27005&highlight=Michael+Crichton

scarymvyfanatic
ok lol,

big gay kirk
15!! nearer a hundred if you count non fiction and pseudonyms... one of the most prolific writers ever... And he deliberately writes books that can be turned into films with the minimum of fuss... Timeline, Jurassic park, Eaters of the Dead, Terminal Man, Congo, Andromeda Strain... he's also the man behind ER.... but then we all have off days....

Predator 89
have any of you read prey? I think its his latest work and they're thinking of turning it into a movie.

Agent Elrond
Alot of his books have become movies, with mixed results. Jurassic Park 1 and 2 were good, Timeline, so-so, from what I heard.

I haven't read anyone of his books, yet I like him, odd?

yerssot
have you ever heard of Crichton?
what a question! of course I have! got almost all his books! eek!

Timeline was horrible imo; bad theory, bad history

Predator 89
Didnt like timeline either but i think prey is so far his best work.

scarymvyfanatic
Prey is the best, i hope they make a movie, it would b so awesome

Baylin
The only problem I have is the books are excellent but the films are bad! imo jurassic park was a superb book but the film was disapointment, good effects, but did the book so little justice.

Drac39
I`ve read his earlier work Congo,Jurassic Park 1&2

He is a great writer,but I`d have to agree about the movie adaptions of his work

scarymvyfanatic
but besides the fact of the book the movies kick all other movies a**es, well, usually, so i don't see anything wrong with it, to do the book a justice they would have to make like a 7-10 hour movie,

Baylin
It's probably just me but if I read a book first and then see the film, which is what usually happens, I'm almost always dissapointed by the film.

scarymvyfanatic
i always read the book first, but i still get a thrill from the movies

cal31
I thought Timeline was a great book, it was a shame they made such a horrible movie out of it.

Jedi Priestess
Jurassic Park the book was waaaaaaay better than the movie. Second one was good. Prey was ok.........and Timeline both the book and the movie sucked IMHO.

THE JLRTENJAC
The world has truly lost one of it's best.

R.I.P. Michael Crichton

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.