Ghost Rider vs Etrigan vs Hellboy vs Spawn

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Manowar
what are your thoughts? i cant shake the feeling that Etrigan would come out on top...

Ghost Rider - Marvel Comics
http://www.creature-corner.com/graphics4/Ghost-Rider.jpg

Etrigan - DC Comics
http://jl.toonzone.net/etrigan/007.jpg

Hellboy - Dark Horse Comics
http://www.amazingcomics.it/hellboy.jpg

Spawn - Image Comics
http://www.spawn.com/comics/spawn/images/spawn_comic_header_01_lg.jpg

Arachnoidfreak
Spawn would wipe the floor with all of them. Unless he lost all of his heaven/hell/earth powers.

Didn't you maek a thread like this already?

Manowar
yeah i did but i couldnt find it...i dont think i included Spawn in the first one

yeah im talking about regular Spawn (not the god-like Spawn)

Manowar
o wait! here it is - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=297784 o well this ones better

i still think Etrigan could do it!

Spawnie
If u mean a young Spawn that hasn't discoveder his real powers yet then yes, he can be defeated by those. When first Alsimmons became a SPawn and he was just catapuled back to earth, he was disoriented and relied more on crude thech weaponry then on his inner powers. Back then he didn't know how to use the power from his shroud insted of his own. So basically back then he blew more of his power, so that is why every time he used them his power meter would drop down drastically. If he uses it all up he gets catapulted back to hell.

I think Spawn would have real problems with Ghost Rider.

Manowar
well one of Ghost Rider's most useful weapons is his Penance Stare...he could use it and when they feel the pain he could pummel them into the ground

Alpha Centauri
Hmm. Hellboy has the right hand of doom thing going on. I think it'll come down to either him and Ghost Rider or Ghost Rider and Etrigan.

-AC

LeAtHerRFace
GhostRyda!!!

FeceMan
Due to the fact that I have a rather stupid question, allow me to explain myself before you all laugh at me (though you probably have already). I don't know much of anything about Spawn--my main source being the movie, lol--and I read somewhere that using his powers requires some sort of energy, and that when Spawn depletes his energy source, he must go back to hell to replenish it.

Is this true? If so, can he gauge his energy level and how? How long does he have to spend in hell to fully recharge? Is he tormented during his stay in hell?

moshtitan
id take Ghost rider in this fight, but etrigan close in the end.

FeceMan
That did NOT answer my question.

Manowar
all i know is yes Spawn has to go back to hell to replenish his power...other than that i know jack

moshtitan
who the hell said i was trying to answer you question?

ragesRemorse
Spawn. Ghost riders hell gaze would have no effect on Spawn any effect it could have on Spawn, would just be what he goes through on a daily basis. ghost riders other abilities are minute when compared to Spawns capabilities. Hellboy could pose as a challenge for Spawn,but again his abilities are just far to overwhelming. Simmons training of advanced weaponry, and use of his cloak and chains as Spawn could be enough to take hellboy down. If not he would just simply use his hellblast, which would turn hellboy into a lump of coal.

Now etrigan, i dont know if this could even be a comprible match. They come from two different perspectives on hell.Etrigan ultimately intimadated lucifer himself.Spawn is malbogia (lucifer) prized warrior, Hells greatest and most powerfull warrior. Etrigan's story revolves heavily around magic. Still we havent even taped into the begining of Spawns vast erray of abilities. Also he cant die, i mean not until his hour glass runs empty, and after befriending redeemer Spawn, and making good with heaven,Spawn doesnt even have to trade time to get out of hell when his head gets loped off, he just has to meet redeemer at the gates of hell.

Manowar
well i see your point and i can see Spawn beating etrigan, but i cant see Spawn defeating Etrigan...

ragesRemorse
either way the dacing spiderman kicks ass

Manowar
haha, for some reason people have mixed feelings about it

Arachnoidfreak
Hellboy isn't affected by fair, of any kind, so I don't see what GR is going to do to him. Spawn can take GR, Etrigan can take Hellboy.

Spawn takes it, after a vicious battle with Etrigan.

ragesRemorse
I dont know why, it is like hearing the star wars theme everytime you hear it, it makes you feel good. you know it reminds me of that video that christopher walken was in, and he was dancing

Arachnoidfreak
Fatboy Slim - Weapon of Choice. Chris Walken is the man.

ragesRemorse
Hell yeah he is. every movie he is in turns to gold even if it is shit

Beyonder
Not sure but Spawn's weakness is decapitation right? One of those three would eventually ripe his head off. Ghost Rider's regeneration powers keep him in the fight long enough to take some wins from those who's tired.

ragesRemorse
yeah, but it really isnt a weakness anymore, more of an annoyance. this is assuming you can catch him while he moves in and out of time and sapce.

Alpha Centauri
I know enough of Spawn but not so much as you and Arachnoid Freak apparantly, I like him though.

Do you think the movie did justice?

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
The movie did do justice >at the time<. It was what, 1994? Not only has Spawn's story(powers, etc.) evolved, but so has movie technology. A new Spawn movie would be better for current Spawn.

Alpha Centauri
Whoa was it that long ago? I swear it was 97 or later.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
I have the movie somehwere, Ill have to check the box. right now it is 6 a.m. and I don't feel like doing anything.

ragesRemorse
I personally believe Spawn the movie was an utter failure, the only thing i liked about the movie was his suit. The casting choices were so terribly out of place, martin sheen? come on that guy was washed up even at that time. The actor they got to play simmons, just overacted his role so badly. I mean there are so many things wrong with that movie, they did try and stay relevent to the story, but the movie was essentially only half of the first comic. For lack of better words, i felt the entire movie was just corny. I think it's biggest problem, aside form the casting was it's PG-13 rating. This limited what was possible. I have no idea why they would even give it a PG-13 rating. It is a violent, dark character, who enduces nightmarish mayhem with the turn of every page. They are trying for a Spawn 2 though, Mcfarlene talked about it on his site

Arachnoidfreak
Well first off, it's rated R, not PG-13. Second, when I first saw it, Martin Sheen did a fine job, and so did the actor that played Spawn(Michael Jai White, I think).

I did say "for its time". I think they need a new movie, because currently, this movie is a little outdated. Still, I was like...11 when it first came out, the special effects were pretty good and all the jazz.

and i was wrong, it wasn't '94, it was '96.

moshtitan
that so long ago....time really flies. i thought that movie kicked some serious ass at the time, nad i felt the characters were potrayed close enough.

FeceMan
ME, that's who!

TheBlackWidow
Spawn will wipe veryone with his chains and will own everyone

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.