Clemence Poesy: Fleur Delacour

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ash_fire07
I dunno' what you all think of Clemence Poesy, the girl they found to be Fleur Delacour, but I don't think she is by any means the right person for the part. She is supposed to be part Veela, which in the Harry Potter book is supposed to mean incredibly breath-taking, from this picture she doesn't look anywhere NEAR that! I hope though that the make-up artists well be able to do something about that. So tell me what you think, I'll be putting up more pics of her, there's a pretty one too but still... I just hope her acting's good. She has done French films before, and this is fer second one in English.

ash_fire07
I'll be putting the good one up next

ash_fire07
Well, it's the best one I could find, just so it's fair to show her good side, she is a bit skinny though, kind of makes me want to throw a hamburger at her...

ash_fire07
I hope SOMEONE writes something soon....I'm bored, it's one o'clock in the morning and I can't sleep!

smileyfacegirl1
i think she will suck for the part

black_rose45
anyone in here?

tinkerbell668
I dunno...she looks a little TOO skinny ya know? But how old is she?

*Georgina_A*
I don't really think she looks the part...although, I don't think anyone in the HP films look the part...erm

Merry Lover
She looks ok, but she's a bit skinny... :/

BloomBabyGirl
HOLLY SHIT! i thought fluer was supposed to be beautiful

ash_fire07
I thought Fluer was supposed to be more than beautiful, I thought she was supposed to be incredibly gorgeous! I don't know about you all, but I don't think shel looks right for the part. She has acting experience though, I have never seen it, have any of you seen it?!?! Who cast her for the part of Fleur anyways?

RebelPhoenix
Anybody can be made to be attractive to the general public through either image enhancing, advertising or simply stating that they're hot - it's very easy. Hence I'm not bothered, as long as she can act the part I'm sure they'll take care of the rest like they always do.

BloomBabyGirl
not her. she just ugly

Eathan

BloomBabyGirl
i kno.

mynameispoobah
My name is poobah. The only reason I joined these forums is so I could see what Fleur looked like. She's too ugly, so I think they'll probably use her for the talking parts, and for everything else make a CGI Fleur who is pretty. Only thing is...All the CGI's for Harry Potter suck so she will probably end up looking even uglier than she really is.

Dude, we need some of these at the forums I'm at... Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance Happy Dance

ams76
I'm glad they got a French actress for the part, but there had to be someone more fitting. She looks either ratty or slutty in all of her pics. I don't know, maybe the casting agents are seeing something in person that we aren't?

sorrow
never seen her... blink

BloomBabyGirl
shes look slike a dirty bag

Glanecia
I think she looks beautiful, especially....her lips....you're all just jealous...teehee.

ash_fire07
I don't think she looks ugly, in fact I think she kind of look like Kylie Minogue, but I don't think she looks right for the part. I know it's probably difficult to find an incredibly gorgeous french girl who can act, which narrows it down a lot. But I wonder if they could've had better. Did they even have audition or did they just look at a bunch of french films and thought she would be good.

oceanica
I agree with you she's not very pretty but I found a pic of her where she's ok we don't recognize her! and ash fire when you say "I know it's probably difficult to find an incredibly gorgeous french girl who can act", do you mean that french girls are ugly and can't act?

Princess Re
eh.....she's okk...i guess

daxius_x
personally i think that the pictures are probably just taken at the wrong times, like the pictures of katie leung(cho) and i know some people that have still pictures look ugly but when moving are something completely different

ash_fire07
No, I was meaning that it's hard to find a beautiful good actress who is supposed to be specifically one type. Not just French, any kind. I wasn't trying to be prejudice or anything. Sorry if it seemed like that.

starchildkristi
She's pretty, they just haven't applied her makeup right I think....

Though she is very skinny! *nods*
But i'm really antsy to see how they work out!

ash_fire07
I just really want to see the fourth movie and then I think I'll really have a reason to criticize (or however you spell it). I wanna' see the Quidditch World Cup, that would be awesome!

colorful64
she does look really dirty in those pictures. Maybe she'll look better when they do her makeup.

heart_britney
I would just like to say that I was most disappointed in whom they picked to play the acclaimed 'breath-taking' Fleur Delacour (who happens to be my favorite minor character in the HP series), but now that I've been researching Clemence Poesy, I've discovered that a better actress probably couldn't have been found. The pictures that most people have been seeing (such as the ones posted on the HP websites) are from her movie 'Gunpowder' where she played Mary Queen of Scots, and so she had to look kinda drab and dirty like the English/Scottish did during that time period. I've seen what make-up artists can do, I've seen them make Sandra Bullock and Natalie Portman look like CRAP!!! They can certainly make her look 'breath-taking.'

P.S. For those who've commented on her being too skinny, I would like to point out (although I'm no expert) that the French are typically more petite than most Americans and British, so her stature would seem most realistic considering Fleur is indeed a French girl.

ash_fire07
Really good point, I just really hope that she would look better in the HP movie, I realize that those pictures were taken of her in a movie she was in, but I also posted a picture of just her, not in the movie. I'm sorry but I didn't think she was right for the part on looks. She probably is a really good actress, so I understand why they probably picked her. But we'll see whenever the movie comes out.

Kella
I have never read the HP books sadly...I really want to. SO I have no idea who this chick is supposed to play...but perhaps the breathtaking part isn't merely her face...but in her presence...and in her soul. You kno whow when someone is a good person inside you can see it outside and when someone is a really mean and bitter person you see it in them... Maybe it's the same thing here.

Perhaps her presence during the auditions are what won her the part? Time will tell. Personally...I don't think she's all that horrid...I think she's actually kind of pretty. She has a natural look of simplicity to her...she doesn't seem too fake.
Of course...the blue eyeshadow in that third pic has to go...
But this is my opinion...and I know how psycho fanatical HP fans can get.
So please refrain from beheading me... I have no idea who Fleur Delacour is in teh books...and having never read them I don't think that teh actors they have chosen up to this point have been horrible.
But many people seem to feel that they should die for even breathing the name Harry Potter.

blah blah blah...like talking to walls sometimes... I know I got some rolled eyes...Yes you! stick out tongue

LadyDeath
i have two hary potter books..i used to have them all...until our so called pastor of the curch told my mom that they were witchcraft....so then...sadly...she burned them mad but i have right now:harry potter and the prisoner of azkaban,harry potter and the goblet of fire

MrJonn

Naia
MrJohn is spot on! In Gunpowder, Treason and Plot, she was gorgeous and she still is! I've seen her in something else, but the name of it escapes me. She's not too skinny, it's just the camera angle and a trick of the light. I've seen other pictures turn out that like. Clemence is obviously perfect to play Fleur, though she might look a bit old to play her. I, for one, am excited to see Clemence show that she's a great actress and a gorgeous one, in the 4th Harry Potter movie!

fleurdelacour16
I think she looks like a rat. especially in the 3rd pic at the top. she is so wrong for the part sick

AnadiaThyno
i think they should have chosen an 18 year old to play the part, she looks like and old lady. plus the fact that Fleur is suppposed to be beautiful...this girl is naaaasty!!!!!!!!

loprida
http :/ /ww w .bbc.co .uk / northernireland/ drama/ gunpowder/clips. sht ml

HERE ARE VIDEO CLIPS OF HER IN GUNPOWDER TREASON AND PLOT...I HAD TO ADD SPACES IN THE ADDRESS THAT I PUT UP COS IT WON'T LT ME ADD THE LINK...
JUST COPY N PASTE N DELETE THE SPACES

loprida
i think she looks a little bit better than how she does in photos

iluvcandy
katie leung is worse looking, i should say. emma watson is baddd too!

*Danii*
Im one of those ppl who hates every female in the HP films just on the principal they get to hang out with all the hot guys in it! lol

I cant help it.

And that girl is definately too skinny!! If shes meant to be sexy she should have some curves!

iluvcandy
Katie's worse. wink

anthonystop18
when she in beuxbatons robes she like a angel

psychoboy07
You mean like this?

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fb/FleurDelacour_HP%26GoF5.jpg

Don't worry, I TOTALLY agree with you!

pinkdiamond
Don't make a big fuss over this. You know you are all probably just jealous. I've seen the fourth movie and she is beautiful in them. Here is one example:

ADarksideJedi
She was perfect for the role.She looked the part too.jmthumbup1

ivebeendepped43
yeah, i luv Clemence. she was cute and sweet. i thought she was perfect.

deen86
she soo......cute yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.