gYm Is GoInG cRaZy!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SK88728
we are playing such stupid games in gym, all this week we are playing pickle ball...... what kinda BS do your phy ed teachers make you play?! oh, and discribe it too plz.

HockeyHorror
time to knowledge people...
did you know gymnasium comes from the greek word meaning NAKED...cuz greeks would train in gyms naked...sometimes the people training in gyms would get molested or raped...cuz greeks were "how some people say" founders of homo sexuality. well i know for a fact that gymanisum means naked but i dont know for a fact they molested/raped people at gyms. Well since greece was most of the time in hot climate, people would train naked. and that didn't offend anyone...i guess..
well my time is done here...hope you all find this interesting.

HockeyHorror
and pickle ball was SOOO ****ING FUN in 7th, 8th grade...its like mini-tennis.

Darth Revan
nah Greeks didn't molest/rape each other in fact it was considered perfectly acceptable for two guys to be in a relationship... Even an older guy and a kid, as long as the older guy was planning to move on and get married afterwords
They found some graffiti in the "player's tunnel" at the stadium where the ancient Olympics took place that said "such and such (don't remember the name) is beautiful"--they only allowed men to even watch the Olympics, meaning that it was a guy who wrote that...

HockeyHorror
maybe^ but i do know for a fact gymnasium means naked.

well you are correct men did have a VERY close relationship...a little to sexual i belive,,,as it is said in The Symposium (spelling?) by Plato.

HockeyHorror
****! we need a philosophy forum

Darth Revan
yep that's what I meant by "relationship"

HockeyHorror
but do you think there was any "sexual" pleasure...cuz cmon there are facts that homosexuality was accepted in greek culture...you know, the cults of Baccus...etc etc

Darth Revan
yes, I do

SK88728
omg, that is sick! a little boy and older guy........ yuck!

HockeyHorror
well its true...as many say.

i dont know if anything actuallly "happened" in the gymnasiums but i do know that gymnasium means naked.

i wonder y we use the word gymnasium now a days in US

SK88728
now i'm going to think of that tomorrow when i'm in class.............

HockeyHorror
lol

SK88728
no it's not funny. i'm stuck in that class for little less then a hour. and we play pickle ball and i stuck with people who are lazy so we lose easly, because i'm the only one who plays hard on my team. then we normaly have to wait a long time for another team to play. i hate pickle ball.

Kaleanae
we are playing volleyball erm

Freddy Fan
wtf is pickle ball, does it have anything to do with pickles? is it like badmition, dont go of at me, im an aussie we dont play that here, we play whatever we want cause we are seniors, and thats football, so im not complaing, i love my footy

scotty

www.freewebs.com/howtopaint

Evy_O
NO Greeks were NOT the founders of homosexuality roll eyes (sarcastic)
In Ancient Greece homosexuality was considered to be an acceptable fact. The meaning of "love" back then made sense only when it was about men with men or older men with boys. Very few times men were in love with women.

But, as I said, that was considered to be totally acceptable in ancient Greece. It's something we can't understand nowadays because history cannot be judged with OUR standarts.

And these were significant info cause I'm Greek stick out tongue
BTW, well said Barf Heaven thumb up yes

SK88728
SUBJECT PPL!

yerssot
well, this subject belongs in the OTF more, imho stick out tongue

HockeyHorror
Evy O> read The Symposium by Greek philosopher Plato. It has alot to with with male "love".
And im Armenian smile close to Greece
and do people still believe in the Greek Gods?

Evy_O
Yes, I've read it. As I said, homosexuality in ancient Greece is totally misunderstood. You should try some analysis from historians and see what this is all about smile

Ermm... roll eyes (sarcastic) No, we don't believe in them. Most of the population is Christians.

Umm... getting off topic, sorry embarrasment

HockeyHorror
lol
its alright. big grin

Evy_O
Cool then thumb up
Sorry everyone for being off topic, on topic now big grin

HockeyHorror
actually i went of topic right from my first post on this thread. laughing out loud

Evy_O
yeah me too stick out tongue

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.