Green Lantern Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ScarletSpider
Oh great and merciful god, what have you done?

http://www.comics2film.com/FanFrame.php?f_id=8622

Jack Black as the Green Lantern? Looks like DC really messed up when they sold out to Warner Bros. since WB has more control in some situations than DC does. Score one for Marvel, they toed the Chapter 11 line, but never sold out.

Anyways, I love Jack Black movies, but this is...I don't know, what is it? Horrible most likely.

chrissyg
who r the villains in the green lanturn?

chrissyg
when is this movie gonna be realesed worldwide?

Magee
Jack Black?!?!?!?!?!
ok so a small, fat guy with a beard yea? which green lantern is he playing?

Dont get me wrong jack black is funny as shit but GL? blink

Manowar
Jack Black??? im hoping this is a rumor

chrissyg
im hoping somebody answers my questions

Manowar
obviously no one knows the answers!

chrissyg
well wat villains was there in the comics

Alpha Centauri
Hector Hammond is probably the most famous. The one that Hal fought when he was the Green Lantern.

-AC

chrissyg
o wat is hector hammonds powers?

Alpha Centauri
He had very VERY strong mental powers. To my memory.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
synestro all the way

chrissyg
o ok sounds kool

Alpha Centauri
SINestro. Not Synestro.

-AC

chrissyg
who do u guys think well be on the movie for a villain?

Alpha Centauri
Hector or Sinestro.

-AC

SUPERMANDAMAN
I bet it will be Sinestro because is prolly the most famouse i mean he was even in the Duck Dodgers cartoon.

Alpha Centauri
True. Also in the cartoon.

-AC

chrissyg
wat does this sinestro do?
they could both be in it becuz there is ushally 2 villains in the batman movies so its possible to see both of them

SUPERMANDAMAN
I think the 2 villain thing is over its been a while since i have seen that unless u count daredevil.

ScarletSpider
Sinestro was a Green Lantern that went rogue for some reason. He was trapped in some other dimension, and in that other dimension he was able to forge a GL ring, except it's constructs were yellow, since the GL weakness is yellow. That way he could kick major ass.

The worldwide release date is not yet known, because they haven't started filming yet. Jack Black has supposedly been confirmed, but it was on ain't it cool news, and I don't always trust them.

Arachnoidfreak
Yea, and then Guy Gardner took Sinestro's ring, hahahaha. Sinestro is a punk b!tch.

chrissyg
kool and is green lantern marvel or d.c. its d.c. right?

Alpha Centauri
Yep. Green Lantern is DC.

-AC

chrissyg
ok kool that be kool if they made up a show with batman,superman and green lantern in one show against all the villains from the movies

ScarletSpider
It'll probably be a good and very funny movie, but it's just not what GL is supposed to be. Harrumph.

chrissyg
so green lantern movie is gonna be a comedy movie?

Alpha Centauri
Well could it be anything else with Jack Black in it?

-AC

chrissyg
who the hell is jack black?

vu_Quang
JAck black; he's a good fun guy. if he's supposed to play green latern it will work out very well despite his apperance. frankly i would mind it if he wasn't hal or kyle; instead he could be just some lucky /very creative guy that found the ring.

the "the mask" kinda thing seems suiting because with green latern's powers we would'nt want some stiff serious actor going around making the most boring of uses of the ring for a 2 hour movie when it holds so much unlimited power. this guy has to be swift fast and can think on his feet and he damned as heck better be funny. i even bet Jack black might be helping the directors with some use of the ring of his own.

chrissyg
o ok i havent made up my mind if its gonna suck or be good

FeceMan
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Arachnoidfreak
Jack Black is awesome. Probably my favorite comedian actor, next to Dennis Leary.

He would suck ass as GL.

LeAtHerRFace
Maybe they can pull it off with Jack Black.

FeceMan
Well, Ashton Kutcher tried his hand at Butterfly Effect, which isn't a comedy. But I have a feeling mass-butcherage is about to happen.

moshtitan
me too.....first the F.F., now this. im going to lose it

Gregory
A comic actor might work if the Lantern in question was Guy Gardner.

moshtitan
the inly lantern im really familiar with is Hal Jordan....so i cant make any judgement on actors.

Arachnoidfreak
Guy Gardner was pssoibly my favorite GL.

Cedwaard
Why would anyone even think of putting Jack Black in this role?

Arachnoidfreak
wow that was bad. Possibly**

Magee
hmmm i kind of have mixed feelings about this now.

Vu_Quang's idea was very interesting. Having it set like the mask where he finds a GL ring or gets it in some other way and makes totaly incredible things that have never been thought of, like a car lol. blink

I think if they made it like that then it could be a realy funny movie.

ScarletSpider
Warner Brothers cast Black in the roll because they're corporate mouth whores.

Daywalker
Jack Black??? I guess this means I have a chance too laughing out loud

ScarletSpider
Lol. That's a nice costume though. You've done some great work with that stuff.

Daywalker
Thanks alot. I like to shoot for realism. Hey maybe they can throw me in as an extra in the GL corp eek! laughing

Jack is funny and all but GL? I feel another Duck Dodgers episode coming on.

Arachnoidfreak
Duck Dogers in the 24th and a half CENTURY!!!

Yea, Jack Black isn't good for the role.

Nice costume. Plan on making any others?

ScarletSpider
It could be a great movie, but it's going to throw everything that the traditional GL is about, out the window.

Daywalker
DC really needs to be more serious about their properties.

Actually, I want to look into Spawn next(comic book version,not the movie).

ScarletSpider
DC is serious about it, but when it comes to movies and tv, it's Warner Brothers that hold the cards. They decide if it flies, and how it does.

eleveninches
Sinestro.

And Hal when he absorbed the central battery power and became parallax

Cedwaard
who are we going to blame for this movie?

ScarletSpider
n00bz, n00b.

V@LL3jOk!D707
July 19, 2004: According to 'AICN', Jack Black has signed a deal to start in the Green Lantern movie: "He will be playing Green Lantern in a film that has been described as a "zany comedy version a la THE MASK." All rights to the DC comic have been worked out as well, so you can expect to start hearing more about this project in the months ahead." Thanks to 'AZRAEL', 'Duane', 'Christopher', 'J. Krishnamurti', and 'Slim' for sending in the news! We'll keep you posted on anything official.

http://www.efavata.com/CBM/GreenLant.htm

jayson
I hope he plays hal jordan instead of crappy kyle!

Magee
Yea ok theres already like 5 GL movie threads roll eyes (sarcastic)

But hey, i hope he doesnt play any of them coz he looks like no GL ive seen.
Like the mask? I think that might make it be not a bad movie. He will probably be some guy who find it or gets one given to him and do all kinda crazy shit with it, i would like to see this movie yes

Manowar
grr theres already threads on this!!!

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t300887.html

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f43/t301206.html

Captain America
I heard recently that there is going to a new Green Lantern Movie with Jack Black casted as the Green Latern! Does anyone else know about this or was it not true. I think it would be an aweful choice for GL.

Arachnoidfreak
Already a thread like this. Yes, he would make a shitty GL.

Captain America
sorry about that then, but is it true.

norrin radd
yes, i think its true,

its a terrible choice

Captain America
sad sad day.

Mane
yeah and its supposed to be a "zany comedy"

Magee
Yea well i think it will be ok if they dont base it around one of the GL's and just base it around someone random getting it or finding it like in the mask. It will be funny if JB is in it yes

vu_Quang
exactly...gl's powers are just so freakin cool. unlimited creativiy needs to go into this movie. so as long as jack black is not playing hal or kyle the movie should be very good.

§nakehead
Jack Black would be an abomination

ScarletSpider
WOOHOO!!! Just read on Newsarama. Jack Black dismissed the GL business as all rumors. There is no script yet nor is any work being started on a GL film. DC and Warner reps also dismissed Jack Black as GL as a rumor. The fates have been kind.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.