Should they make a Spider-Man 4

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackC@t
I think it's pushing it a bit but it would suck to only see three villains, I think it would be letting the fans down a bit, but if they do then it would probably ruin the series.......so it's a tough decision.

TheFilmProphet
THERE MAKING 7 PARTS.

Red Superfly
Bollocks.

Spiderman_RJ
no lets stay with the third, so we can have good memories about the movies. they problably wont have maguiere on 4rth and neither kirsten.so mj can even die but another guy playing peter is unberable.

Mr Parker
actually there are only 6 planned.

fruits
i think they should only make 4. maybe 5, but that's all. maybe spiderman could give up the mask to someone else! but then they wouldn't have the powers. maybe the 4th movie could just follow venom as a hero/villain? still a good movie if it has venom!

ScarletSpider
As long as the movies are good, I see no problem with there being 20 of them. Hell, James Bond movies are often times sub-standard, and that's never stopped them from making another one. Milk it for all it's worth, eh?

BlackC@t
Yeah, I'm for quality not quantity but it would be good to have both.

Manowar
ACTUALLY there are only 3 planned dickhead! there wasnt even gonna be a #2!

moonwalker741
they should just make 3, and make part threes ending final, not with a cliffhanger

Red Superfly
Yes.

3 parts in a self-contained Trilogy about the troubles of MJ, Pete and Harry. That would be awesome.

It's not like Venom is NEEDED at all, there's plenty of quality material to make a more plausable set of movies from.

Stealth Agent
i think they should do 4 and no more I'd like to see some Venom and maybe Carnage action

4 could be a seriously ultimate villian that'd be a good thing to go out on.
I could see the trailer now for 4

The city is in ruins a red haze of smoke and havoc covers it, panic in the streets ppl gettin robbed all that other good stuff
Shows carnage and how spidey can barely handle him and get's his ass whooped in a fight.
See in Spiderman 1 or 2 he never actually was beat by the villian in 1 goblin used knock out gas on him but other then that Spidey held his own
The train maneuver exhausted spidey so he couldn't fight Doc oc but when Spidey fights Carnage he stands not a single chance. i think it'd be a good plot.
But venom has to be introduced before carnage and if they do it all in the same movie it'd be rushed so i dunno

Red Superfly
Dock Ock whooped him. He used his brains, left him to rescue the train, then came back and beat him with one swift tentacle to the head. Doc Ock WHOOPED HIM! It was obviously his entire plan to weaken Spider-Man. That's so cool.

I'm not a fan of Carnage. He's just another "look at me, look what I can do" character. He has no substance. He's practically a rip off of The Joker, but has ties with Venom. On paper he should be the coolest villain ever, but in practice he's little more than a cool looking one dimensional villain for all the Spidey-noobs to slobber over (if you like Carnage because you find his character interesting for some strange reason, that comment was not directed at you).

Stealth Agent
Doc Oc did whoop Spidey he kicked his ass but in a straight fight Spidey would hold his own. i don't think Carnage ally plan something like what Doc O did to Spidey in the train scene. Actually bout all the scenes from the movie were somehow based on the comic book but the train scene is something that was completely made up.
(Vh1 the making of Spiderman or Inside Spiderman sumthin like that)

Im not a Spiderman noob it's just i thought Carnage was really cool when I was a little kid and havn't gotten the addiction out of my mind. When you think about he's not much of a character I dunno I have my trust in the movie industry to do what's right.

Alpha Centauri
Well if Sam wants Venom, get Goblin and Lizard out the way and put him in the 4th. Whole film to get out the story and crap. John Jameson could be off to space at the end of the 3rd. Leading into his bringing back the symbiote in 4.

I dunno man. After seeing them put the mask/overkill romance in what would have been an excellent movie (yes, Spider-Man 2), then I would have had major faith. I just hope they don't bomb the series.

Good thread B.C wink.

-AC

Matt21uk
I may be stating the obvious but the goblin is almost a dead sert to return...not only has harry found the suit etc but I also noticed that in the final wedding scene, everyone is whereing a black bow tie, however harry is whereing an emerald green bow tie....am i the only person in the world who noticed this?!?!?!?!??!?!

Kontraz
There should be 5 (at least) but thats the fanboy in me speaking. They should do the whole electro/goblin 2 in spidey3, where spidey gets the suit and at the end brock gets it (or is left with a cliffhanger of him about to get its). 4 should be spdiey vs venom, and in the end you see a little of the red symbiote (and no, venom should not go to jail and be in the same room with cletus... venom should seem dead at the end). 5 should be Spidey vs Carnage (with preferrably a return of Venom)

like i said, thats the fanboy side. Realistically, it should end at 3. Thats the way Star Wars was planned, and then they went back and ruined the "classic" feel of the series by doing the prequills... 3 is typically a good number to stop with... (alien is another good example)

Alpha Centauri
Yeah. We can always say what we think but it rarely happens.

I think The Black Cat should be in 3. 2 villains to 2 heroes. But with alot more complications.

-AC

Red Superfly
What? That's what made the film so good!

Most sequels just use the old "more action, to hell with everything else".

I loved the "less action, more story" attitude.

Man - how come people say there wasn't enough action? Look at Star Wars Empire Strikes Back - that focussed a lot more on the charcaters than the first one, and people didn't complain about the fact there wasn't more action - because the action scenes were concise. They didn't need action unless it drove the story forward, and it worked.

I blame films like The Matrix for having too much action - it's spoilt everyone, now everyone expects 10000rpm action every five minutes.

Sorry, but Spider-Man 2 brought the "summer blockbuster" back in line with "good" movies again.

hotsauce6548
I agree with ScarletSpider. As long as the movies were good, I wouldn't how many movies they made.

LIZARDRULZ
They should ride this thing out as long as they can,there are so many charcters I want to see in a spidey movie including lizard,rhino,mysterio,scorpion,venom,carnage,Hobgo
blin,Demogoblin,
Shriek and Doppleganger as well as Blackcat but even more so they need to do alot of x-men movies to get in as many charcters as possible,Daredevil and Hulk I wouldn't mind seeing sequels but I wouldn't care if they didn't make anymore,Catwoman looks real dumb and shouldn't even have one movie and I'm only going to watch it when it comes on cable to see Halle Barry in that leather outfit and I 've never seen Punisher so I don't know if they should or not but Spiderman and X-men need to make more movies than freddy and jason did

LIZARDRULZ
Vulture too

Silver Surfer66
if venom isnt in number 3 then they should make a number 4

Sidewinder1988
As much as a Venom fan as I am (and I am quite the fanboy) they shouldn't have him in the films. The film is real, not comic, they stretche boundries like superhuman enhancement gas and gliders and stuff like that but come on, space travel? Aliens? Psychos in goblin masks and living tentacles taking over peoples minds...kinda believable with the nutcases and technology that we have today (although I dont know where Green Goblin gets his bombs from in the film, he doesn't have a bag 'o' ticks like the comics). To em, aliens are about as believable as Wolverine wearing crotchet bobble hats.

Hostile
Kill Parker in Spidey 3, have Warren clone him as Ben Reilly. The Scarlet Spider rules.

Duke
They should only make a 4th film if they plan to put Venom in it, but if they're not going to bother with Venom, then they shouldn't do a 4th film, IMO.

stubby2903
Personally I think the best course of action would to be to make the third movie be what they blatantly set up...the 'second goblin' stuff, and while that is happening, they could toss in the alien costume. Sure it would cross some stuff over, but a goblin/alien costume scene would be interesting to say the least, as well as giving ample opportunity to introduce Brock and start the ball rolling for a fourth movie with Venom, which is what I believe a good portion of us would love to see.

Of course, I just love how they set up a lot of possibilities for the third, so I'll probably be pleased with just about anyting that comes up. I mean, they have done two movies already with much success, and they haven't sucked. So long as that keeps up, I'll be more than content.

Red Superfly
Oh so that's why they killed him off, because he was SO popular........

If it ain't Pete, it ain't Spidey - learn from history.

Spiderman_RJ
yah final ending and no ending with spiderman swinging on that theme music ,IM ALREADY SICK OF IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
go here in the ending of spiderman 2 hobgoblin is on pet apartment and theres a blooper. or not? u see JJJ on windows reflection.otherwise he is behind mj

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=300333&perpage=40&pagenumber=7

Spiderman_RJ

Spiderman_RJ
here they are in order mate

Spiderman_RJ
second

Spiderman_RJ
third

Spiderman_RJ
fourth ,well ugot the idea right?

Spiderman_RJ
they come from this round place on his glider

MaxCarnage
I weouldn't believe that. Tobey McGuire is still kinda 'ehh...' on the 3d.
if he doesn't do the 4th, Jake Gylenhaal is the replacement.
and Raimi only said 5 at the most.

Nataku8188
They should have 3 with Toby as Spidey. Then 3 more with scarlet spider.

The symbiotes should NOT be in the spider-man movies, they should get their own series starting with Venom #1 where they have Brock get the symbiote.

Quick story idea:

Movie opens to a shot of a planet, flashes can be seen on its surface. Turns out it's the secret wars, screen does a quick fly-by of the action, and centers on a masked spider-man getting the symbiote. Narrator explains what has happened, skips ahead to when he returns to earth with the symbiote, does quick montague type deal. Like the intro to Lord of the Rings part 1, The fellowship of the Ring.

Venom 1 can center on brock and only have spider-man appear occasionaly, Toby might do it or they could have someone else. This would move spidey to a co-star part in this movie. End Venom 1 with Brock being arrested.

Start Venom 2 in jail, focus on Brock and Kassady. Follow the comics but twist it around a bit so spidey has less of a part in fighting Carnage. Make it more like Carnage and Venom comic where they are just fighting eachother, and add depth to Carnage by letting him open up to Brock about why hes so crazy. (Carnage is a deep character if you really get into him) Do not do Maximum Carnage storyline, just end 2 with Venom defeating Carnage and having him sent to Ravencroft.

Venom 3 could introduce some of Venom's enemies besides carnage and do like Spider-man 1, end it with him giving up his symbiote.

There ya go. Nice set of 9 movies for spidey fans.

Varg6
Personally, I think they should definetly stick with story-lines. But...You guys must realize, the movies are going to be based on difficulty on Peter Parker's life. His alter ego has to fight someone he cares for...I think if Venom is going to be on, it'll be great because Eddie Brock knows who Spider-Man is, and can make him an emotional wreck! I think 3, they'll have 2 villains. Green Goblin 2, and Lizard, they get the spaceship wreck, spidey saves 'em, get's symbiote, defeats two enemies at once with symbiote, finds out its evil, at end, Eddie gets it = VENOM!!!!!

theone0103
I'd probably have to see Spider Man 3 before i can negotiate whether there will be a 4th film or not.

supertrunks
mr parker u think spiderman sucks u must be crazy man u have no taste spiderman rocks u suck

Paola
supertrunks: don't insult people here.

supertrunks
ok it wont happen again ok paola

fever red
I'm with Varg and Stubby- it may very well be that 3 WILL set up Venom, 4 will be Venom, 5 will be Venom and the big C. C definitely dies, Venom possibly survives and gets his own movie set in San Francisco. (I would like the actress in the Opposite of Sex to play Beck- you know, she was Wednesday Adams?)
In the first two movies, Peter must decide to accept the risk of loving someone. In the rest, we will see MJ tested. She doesn't yet understand how hard it will be to love someone whose life is always on the line. Certainly, Venom and Carnage would be a thorough education.
Oh, and I left the ship during the clone saga- but not becuase I didn't love the addition of Ben Reilly. I just hated how marvel wanted his addition to correlate with Peter's subtraction. I liked them as brothers. I did not want a replacement, nor did I want an equal focus- I wanted Ben to further expand the richness of Peter's personal connections/ background. Ben would have made a great supporting charactor, but Marvel only had the coldest, shallowest of intentions. They really undervalued the charactors of both Peter and Ben, as they do with all their charactors.

doctorstrongbad
They should make 6 parts like they did with Star wars.

wuTa
6 is too much if you ask me.....star wars is a good example...the prequels are not living up to the orginal....it is highly unlikely that they can make 4 more spider-man movies that live up to the expectaions because some hollywood acehole is bound to mess it up

doctorstrongbad
Yeah that is a good point, but i would like to see venom in the movies. Venom will need a good origin before they have him as a starring villain.

LLG
I think they maybe should do a spider-man 4. It depends on the story for spider-man 3, and if it's good or bad.

doctorstrongbad
Yeah that is a good point, If Spiderman 3 makes a lot of money I'm sure there will be more movies.

BlackC@t
WHY does everybody want Venom in the movies!?

It would ruin it.

Especially if they showed scenes of Venom in jail. That's not very Spider-Manish.

The movies and comics are very different.
Venom just doesn't seem Spider-Man Movie Material.

wuTa
no offense....but this post is just ridicolous...if you dont think they should put venom in the movies thats cool...your entitled to your opinion but your reasoning as why he shouldnt be in the movies is just ridicolous

doctorstrongbad
I think Venom could make a good villain but he will need a lot of background. First you have to meet Eddie Brock, then peter gets the black suit, etc. Thats why they may want to wait a while to set things up.

BlackC@t
My reason is a good enough reason as to why he should not be put in it.

Mainstream
Brock was mention in Spidey 1......
Robbie: we've been trying to get pictures..Eddies been on it for weeks.

doctorstrongbad
I think since the movies have been doing so well that will be at least a part 4.

BlackC@t
But since they've been doing so great they might not want to ruin it by milking it for all it's worth erm

dami wilson
what does it matter if they make part 202? As long as the stories are good and the stunts are unique, then why stop it? Nobody complained about James Bond? Look how many has been produced and yet people want more? If the stories are good and full of suspense, then they can continue as long as the public want it!
It'd be good business for Marvel and Hollywood! So until J Jonah becomes a Spiderman fan , they should continue making the movies!

doctorstrongbad
Originally posted by dami wilson
what does it matter if they make part 202? As long as the stories are good and the stunts are unique, then why stop it? Nobody complained about James Bond? Look how many has been produced and yet people want more? If the stories are good and full of suspense, then they can continue as long as the public want it!
It'd be good business for Marvel and Hollywood! So until J Jonah becomes a Spiderman fan , they should continue making the movies!

He does have a good point. I know the bats and supes movies were lame but they made/ are making 5 of those each. Who knows how many more they will make? I think its only fair to keep making Spiderman movies til at least they make one bad one.

Shazman
Manowar
Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Parker
actually there are only 6 planned.

ACTUALLY there are only 3 planned dickhead! there wasnt even gonna be a #2!

Shut the F**K up, Sony mentioned there are 6 planned, so he's right and so am i

Sparkz
I think they should make them in trilogy's. First finish off this film with the goblin saga and round it off nice with no cliff hanger.
Spidey 4 goes into the second trilogy where he finds the symbiote (but maybe do what they did in ultimate spidey and have it man made instead of an alien to make it more beliveable) have him fight someone at the start and get his but kicked, then get the costume watch hi brutaly kick the crap outa him turn into a wuss and get rid o the costume. All the while he does something to annoy brock. and have brock merge with the symbiote at the end and only have venom as a siloette (however you spell it) laughing and what not. Spidey 5 spidey vs venom gets his ass handed to him once or twice then finaly beats him. Then in spidey 6 intro carnage and have spidey and venom fight him. In my opinoin if you span this story over 3 films it would be awsome and could be well done. Cram it into 1 movie and it will suck. And in these films can we please not have spider-man constanly takeing off his mask, what the hell every time something goes near him he takes off his mask. he may aswell run around shouting "I'M PETER PARKER I'M PETER PARKER" he has secret identity for a reason. Bloody director. And some1 dub toby when he is spider-man he is an awsome peter parker (at least when he is depressed) but he can't play a happy wise cracking spider-man or a confident perter parker, which i prefer to see instead of "oooo my life sucks I dont wanna be spider-man now waaaaaa" the whole point of perter parker was tht he had lots of problems but it didnt keep him down.

But anyway make 6 if they are going to put venny in.

spencerspider
make 6 movies..if batman did more than that it spiderman definately should make 6.Ive said this many times the sorta like trilogy thing.goblin saga type thing and then lizard,someone else for 5 and Venom for 6 to get most of the main villains in.

NoFate007
I still say it would be cool to do this:

3 - Electro/Sandman
4 - Venom
5 - Carnage
6 - Sinister Six (revamped, with Lizard, Shocker, Rhino, Scorpion, Mysterio and someone else)

or

3 - Electro/Sandman
4 - Lizard/Scorpion
5 - Venom
6 - Carnage

Then like someone said, 6 can leave Venom for a spinoff, since they've obviously wanted one. I don't want a Venom spinoff, I love the character but I don't think he can be the hero to a movie and hold his own. I think he works great as a villain turned hero every now and then.

scorpionlord
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.