Daredevil VS Captain America

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DarkCrawler
I think that they are pretty even, but I am going to say Daredevil.

ScarletSpider
We had one of these just last week. Cap.

DarkCrawler
Oh, sorry. I didn't know.

Manowar
no way Cap would win hands down

§words point
daredevil would kick caps puny red,white, and blue butt

moshtitan
no, Cap. would own daredevil.

LordFear
Daredevil hands down

Linkalicious
Daredevil would get absolutely smoked by Captain America.

Cap is physically superior, a better tactician, and a better hand to hand fighter.

Zahit
Captain America would beat Daredevil. He's almost twice as strong as DD.

LordFear
Strength is not only the determining factor. DD's senses go way beyond peak human. He can toy with Cap cuz Cap couldn't catch him while he's flipping in the air. DD fought BlackPanther once in an old tradepaperback issue I read years ago and he held his own.
DD went agaiinst Sabertooth and gave Creed a good fight.
Those guys ain't punks

Zahit
Last I checked......yup.......Cap can flip in the air, hold his own against
Black Panther, and beat people a lot stronger than him.
My point is that as good as Daredevil is in combat, Cap is just as good
if not better and certainly more experienced.
Ever read the Miller/Mazzuchelli run of Daredevil?

http://www.moebiusgraphics.com/comics/fmpics/DD232.jpg

http://www.moebiusgraphics.com/comics/fmpics/DD233.jpg

srankmissingnin
Black Panther is above Dare Devil in every way, it was even pointed out in a fight between the two. DD was wondering why he was holding his own and Black Panther told because he was letting him... or didn't want to kill him... well something along those lines.

Fights between the two a pretty inconclusive with neither at the top of their game but Cap should make short work of DD.

Zahit
In case you can't see those pics I posted.......Daredevil #232 - 233.

http://www.allsf.net/Images/SFbd/US1/Daredevil%20232.jpg

http://www.comicbookgalaxy.com/images/mfc3.gif

The Flash
Cap.

Blair Wind
cap....dd is cool but hes just a human with "radar"....cap isnt human....he's superhuman cuz of the serum....and cap is SMART....hes a better tactition...he wins....period

ScarletSpider
Daredevil also can't, or at least has trouble, "reading" Captain America, i.e. listening to his heartbeat and determining his metabolism to predict movement, because Cap's body is so efficient.

jplatinum
Cap would win.
dawg, thats' like the 3rd time I've agreed with srank on something.

DigiMark007
Someone said DD is just a human with better senses. He's around the same strength level (peak human....around 600-1000 lbs.). It'd be a good fight, since I think DD is a bit mroe agile. But I also vote for Cap.

-DM

Scoobless
i don't read either Cap or DD comics (i do read Avengers and see Cap there)....... but i'd like to see DD win between the two..... though i'm not sure who should win

yugotank
DD has guts but Cap would outlast him. Cap wins but not without taking some lumps...................................DD vs Batman would be a closer contest.

Daredevil1
I'm a big Daredevil fan.

But honestly DD puts up a great fight better then most but Cap wins it.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Daredevil1
I'm a big Daredevil fan.

But honestly DD puts up a great fight better then most but Cap wins it.

Agreed.

Tyrant
If DD can take down Wolverine, he can take down Cap.

Alfheim
Originally posted by Tyrant

Well Cap is more skilled than Wolverine so I dont see how that works.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Alfheim
Well Cap is more skilled than Wolverine so I dont see how that works. And Wolverine is more durable...

Martian_mind
Wolverines more durable,stronger and faster then capt,that may factor into his decision.

Alfheim
And Wolverine is more durable...

Er DD beat Wolverine because he managed to hit him with a pressure point. Because Cap is more skilled this is going to be more difficult.

Tyrant
Er DD beat Wolverine because he managed to hit him with a pressure point. Because Cap is more skilled this is going to be more difficult. So, because Cap is more skilled, it is more difficult?
I'm also sure Cap isn't going to be guarding his neck the whole time.

Alfheim
So, because Cap is more skilled, it is more difficult?
I'm also sure Cap isn't going to be guarding his neck the whole time.

Besides I think its PIS that Wolverine got downed so easily. If you look at his showings he has been stabbed in throat with a sword I dont think one jab is going to floor him.

DD wont be guarding his throat all the time either. Doing a pressur point strike is harder than just punching somebody because Cap is skilled it wont be easy.

Tyrant
Besides I think its PIS that Wolverine got downed so easily. If you look at his showings he has been stabbed in throat with a sword I dont think one jab is going to floor him.

DD wont be guarding his throat all the time either. Doing a pressur point strike is harder than just punching somebody because Cap is skilled it wont be easy. When has he ever been pressure pointed there though? Plus, he got all his air cut off.

Except, it was basically a punch to the throat...

Alfheim
When has he ever been pressure pointed there though? Plus, he got all his air cut off.

Except, it was basically a punch to the throat...

Well ok but I dont understand how one pressure point to the throat is going to down somebody who has taken a sword to the throat.

Furthermore sometimes Wolverine fights sloppy thats how he gets taken out like that. Cap doesnt.

Tyrant
Well ok but I dont understand how one pressure point to the throat is going to down somebody who has taken a sword to the throat.

Furthermore sometimes Wolverine fights sloppy thats how he gets taken out like that. Cap doesnt. By cutting of all his air?
Even Wolverine needs to breath.

So Cap fights like a pro in every fight?

Alfheim
By cutting of all his air?
Even Wolverine needs to breath.

Yeah but how is one poke to the throat going to do that?

So Cap fights like a pro in every fight?

Basically yeah. He doesnt have adamantuim bones or a healing factor so he cant afford to be sloppy.

MrHeavySilence
lol Daredevil beat Wolverine with pressure points? Can somebody upload the scans

Daredevil1

LOL at ABC logic.

Thats like me saying if Cap can have the major advantage on Spiderman, and bring down Namor, Ironman, to even Hulk.

He can take DD down.

Daredevil1
And Wolverine is more durable...

Wolverine is durable because of his unbreakable adamantium bones. Other then that he heals from crashes/falls and hits.

Cap's durability feats he has done some mighty impressive ones as well.

quanchi112
cap america for the win.

jrodslam
Daredevil for the slight majority.

Tyrant
LOL at ABC logic.

Thats like me saying if Cap can have the major advantage on Spiderman, and bring down Namor, Ironman, to even Hulk.

He can take DD down. Except none of them have Daredevil's fighting skills, and Spider-Man has his agility.

Wolverine is durable because of his unbreakable adamantium bones. Other then that he heals from crashes/falls and hits.

Cap's durability feats he has done some mighty impressive ones as well. Are you saying Cap is comparable to Wolverine in durability?
Ha!

Alfheim
Originally posted by jrodslam
Daredevil for the slight majority.

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Stop being a fanboy the only thing that DD has over Cap is that he has slightly better reflexes. How is DD going to get the majority when Cap is superior to DD in everything except reflexes and even then DD is only slightly more agile?

I dont think Cap curbstomps DD but Cap wins 6/10.

jrodslam
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no. Stop being a fanboy the only thing that DD has over Cap is that he has slightly better reflexes. How is DD going to get the majority when Cap is superior to DD in everything except reflexes and even then DD is only slightly more agile?

I dont think Cap curbstomps DD but Cap wins 6/10.

Why would i be considered a fanboy? Either way, DD having better reflexes does/can give him an edge. Secondly, Caps superior strength(ony slightly), wouldnt play much of a factor. Thirdly, how do you know Cap is superior to DD in everything save reflexes and agility? Speed? We do know that Cap is a faster runner, but that doesnt mean his hand speed is faster.

Alfheim
Why would i be considered a fanboy? Either way, DD having better reflexes does/can give him an edge. Secondly, Caps superior strength(ony slightly), wouldnt play much of a factor. Thirdly, how do you know Cap is superior to DD in everything save reflexes and agility? Speed? We do know that Cap is a faster runner, but that doesnt mean his hand speed is faster.

I already explained that in our last discussion Cap has more experience and more MA knowledge than DD and also he has better Stamina. He has an indestrcutible weapon.

DD's only advantage is his reflexes Cap has more advantages.

jrodslam
I already explained that in our last discussion Cap has more experience and more MA knowledge than DD and also he has better Stamina. He has an indestrcutible weapon.

DD's only advantage is his reflexes Cap has more advantages.

And in our last discussion, you didnt explain how Cap had more MA knowledge than DD. Your backup to that claim was a scan saying he was "FAMILIAR" with the style. Daredevil isnt some novice, so Cap experience wouldnt play much of a factor in a fight between the two. Neither one of them would do anythig the other hasnt already seen. I mentioned that in our last debate between the two. Cap does have a indestructible weapon. A weapon that can easily find its way out of the fight if Cap decided to throw it. In past tussle between the two, stamina has never been an issue.

The things you bring up now are the same exact things you brought up before. They get the same rebuttle.

Nikkolas
I think Cap is a bit stronger. And faster. He said he could run a mile in just over a minute.

jrodslam
Originally posted by Nikkolas
I think Cap is a bit stronger. And faster. He said he could run a mile in just over a minute.

I do agree that Cap is a bit stronger, but strength wont play muchof an issue here. And re: speed.

We do know that Cap is a faster runner, but that doesnt mean his hand speed is faster.

Alfheim
And in our last discussion, you didnt explain how Cap had more MA knowledge than DD. Your backup to that claim was a scan saying he was "FAMILIAR" with the style. Daredevil isnt some novice, so Cap experience wouldnt play much of a factor in a fight between the two. Neither one of them would do anythig the other hasnt already seen. I mentioned that in our last debate between the two. Cap does have a indestructible weapon. A weapon that can easily find its way out of the fight if Cap decided to throw it. In past tussle between the two, stamina has never been an issue.

The things you bring up now are the same exact things you brought up before. They get the same rebuttle.

You didnt rebut a damn thing you refused to use your head. Again.

1. Cap knew about ninjutsu before DD was born
2. Even when he came out of ice DD hadnt started his career or had already started.
3. He constanly trains all the time. When this was stated he was doing combat training in the Danger room
4. He learns extremely fast as well he learnt an ALIEN martial art in one day. While over people took decades.

If you have somebody has studied MA before DD was born who trains constantly all the time and learns extremely fast he is going to know more MA and have more experience.

SmellyDogFart

2. Even when he came out of ice DD hadnt started his career or had already started.
3. He constanly trains all the time. When this was stated he was doing combat training in the Danger room
4. He learns extremely fast as well he learnt an ALIEN martial art in one day. While over people took decades.

If you have somebody has studied MA before DD was born who trains constantly all the time and learns extremely fast he is going to know more MA and have more experience.

Daredevil is still better.

Tyrant

If you have somebody has studied MA before DD was born who trains constantly all the time and learns extremely fast he is going to know more MA and have more experience. Cap has trained longer, and harder than Karate Kid.
I guess that makes him a better fighter as well...ermm

Alfheim
Originally posted by SmellyDogFart
Daredevil is still better.

Explain.

Cap has trained longer, and harder than Karate Kid.
I guess that makes him a better fighter as well...ermm

Inst KK superhuman?

outavodka
Originally posted by SmellyDogFart
Daredevil is still better. i disagree

jrodslam

Ummm, this is my last reply to your circle of ignorance.

1. Ok, Cap was "familiar" with the Hand's style of martial arts before DD was born which is ninjitsu. That doesnt mean he has more knowledge than DD in the subject. It just means he knew about it before DD. Thats all. DD's training in the art may be more extensive than Caps, considering DD spent much time in Japan and with trainer Stick. To be familiar with it doesnt mean to have extensive knowledge. You seem not to understand that.

2. So what DD hadnt started his career yet. Again, it doesnt mean he(Cap) knows more about a certain subject area.

3. This "constant training" consists of what? Do you know? Was it stated? For all we know, the "constant training" could be gymnastics, boxing, judo and grappling.

4. He learnt an alien MA in one day that took others decades? Thats great! What other highly sklled MA's took decades to learn this Alien MA? Was it DD? Was it Fist, Shang, Elektra, or Wolvie? If not, then its irrelevant to even bring it up.

Tyrant
Inst KK superhuman? Not that I recall.

Alfheim
Ummm, this is my last reply to your circle of ignorance.

1. Ok, Cap was "familiar" with the Hand's style of martial arts before DD was born which is ninjitsu. That doesnt mean he has more knowledge than DD in the subject. It just means he knew about it before DD. Thats all. DD's training in the art may be more extensive than Caps, considering DD spent much time in Japan and with trainer Stick. To be familiar with it doesnt mean to have extensive knowledge. You seem not to understand that.

No this is what you dont get. Are you trying to tell me that after all this time hes still famliar with ninjitsu. You dont think with his constant training and super learning skills that he would have got even better at it?

2. So what DD hadnt started his career yet. Again, it doesnt mean he(Cap) knows more about a certain subject area.

It most likely does. What is so difficult to understand. If im in the sceond year of my degree im probably going to know more than somebody who is the first year of degree. Simple.

3. This "constant training" consists of what? Do you know? Was it stated? For all we know, the "constant training" could be gymnastics, boxing, judo and grappling.

Look its simple again. Cap is an MA expert. How does he beat people up, MA. How does he survive. What do you think they were refering to basketball?

4. He learnt an alien MA in one day that took others decades? Thats great! What other highly sklled MA's took decades to learn this Alien MA? Was it DD? Was it Fist, Shang, Elektra, or Wolvie? If not, then its irrelevant to even bring it up.

If its an alien martial art obvoulsy its going to be harder to learn than an earthly martial art. If he can learn an alien martial art in one day, how much do you think he knows about erathly martial arts? How much do you think hes improved in ninjiutsu?

Not that I recall.

Well boy KK has taken out Kryptonian. Thats makes him SUPERhuman.

Tyrant
Well boy KK has taken out Kryptonian. Thats makes him SUPERhuman. No it doesn't.
It makes him a normal human with amazing fighting skills.

Plus, ol' steroid Steve can't say the same.

Alfheim
No it doesn't.
It makes him a normal human with amazing fighting skills.

Plus, ol' steroid Steve can't say the same.

Well boy its like this. If KK can take out several people Krptonians that must mean hes been trained differently to most MAs.

CasanoVa
Well boy its like this. If KK can take out several people Krptonians that must mean hes been trained differently to most MAs.

No, it means he's better.

Alfheim
Originally posted by CasanoVa
No, it means he's better.

Well look its like this. I dont much about KK but it seems hes the excpetion to the rule. Most MAs in Marvel or DC cant do half the stuff he does.

Usually if somebody has peak human intelligence and has been studing the same martial art as somebody before they are born and trains 247 is usually a good indication that this person knows more MA.

Cap has stated many a time that th reason why he has deafted another MA is because he has more experience but obvoulsy there will be some exceptions to the case.

Tyrant
Well look its like this. I dont much about KK but it seems hes the excpetion to the rule. Most MAs in Marvel or DC cant do half the stuff he does.

Usually if somebody has peak human intelligence and has been studing the same martial art as somebody before they are born and trains 247 is usually a good indication that this person knows more MA.

Cap has stated many a time that th reason why he has deafted another MA is because he has more experience but obvoulsy there will be some exceptions to the case. But you didn't catch the point here.
Cap has been training longer, and harder than KK.
Which means, that your little example is off.

Also, Wolverine has been training way longer than Cap, so in your own words, that should make him better, but also in your own words, Cap is a better fighter.

Wat up wit dat?

Alfheim
But you didn't catch the point here.
Cap has been training longer, and harder than KK.
Which means, that your little example is off.

No it doesnt it means that KK is the excpetion to the rule. Look at the word I used. I used the word usually. KK is the excpetion to the rule but DD is not. Again dont you think if Cap has been studying MA before DD was born and learns extremly quickly that he would know more MA than DD?

As I have stated Cap has beaten MA experts and it has been stated many a times its because of his experience. Experience is usually a good indication of wether somebody is a better MA. KK is the excpetion to the rule but DD is not.

Also, Wolverine has been training way longer than Cap, so in your own words, that should make him better, but also in your own words, Cap is a better fighter.

Wat up wit dat?

1. No he hasnt Korvac saga.
2. Wolverine isnt as intellignet as Cap and doesnt train as much as Cap does. Caps intellignece and fanatacism makes up for it.

Tyrant
No it doesnt it means that KK is the excpetion to the rule. Look at the word I used. I used the word usually. KK is the excpetion to the rule but DD is not. Again dont you think if Cap has been studying MA before DD was born and learns extremly quickly that he would know more MA than DD?

As I have stated Cap has beaten MA experts and it has been stated many a times its because of his experience. Experience is usually a good indication of wether somebody is a better MA. KK is the excpetion to the rule but DD is not. Another example is in order.
Batman hasn't been alive as long as Cap, and yet, he is believed to be an equal, give or take.
Plus, not to mention, it doesn't work like that in comics, or in real life all the time.

Herc has more experience than Cap, as does Thor, as does hundreds of people. But, they are not believed to be more skilled.

1. No he hasnt Korvac saga.
2. Wolverine isnt as intellignet as Cap and doesnt train as much as Cap does. Caps intellignece and fanatacism makes up for it. Which, I don't think he remembered.
Also, even if you go by that, Wolverine is what like, a hundred or so years ahead of Cap?
Unless Cap was fighting for years before each time the universe was restarted, then he hasn't been training as long.

Wolverine is very intelligent, and he has even taught Kitty how to disable people, and how to not kill someone.

Battlehammer
Correct Logan extremely intelligent. Also capt does not train more then wolverine. Those are simply lies. Logans known for his excessive training. To the point were he locke dhim self in the danger room and trained for a week for none stop combat

StyleTime
What? Capt it up, when did you change your name? I thought you left or something. 'Sup?

Fight: I agree with jrodslam for the most part on this one, but I think this fight will go to whoever is having the better day honestly. It's really close.

Battlehammer
Originally posted by StyleTime
What? Capt it up, when did you change your name? I thought you left or something. 'Sup?

Fight: I agree with jrodslam for the most part on this one, but I think this fight will go to whoever is having the better day honestly. It's really close.
a few days ago. Nothing really new with me other then a new girl I am dating. How about your self?

also cosigned with . It really could go either way.

MrHeavySilence

Mhm, I agree on most of what you said (that Captain America should know more MA, given that he's much older and more experienced). Although, I think learning an alien MA in one day is PIS; unless Cap has total recall or eidetic memory (like Lex or Batman), there's no way somebody can do that without memory techniques.

And also, I don't think the experience will help Cap in this case, seeing as how Cap and DD have fought many times, and DD has held his own. This means that DD most likely knows how to counter the bulk of Captain America's attacks, and vice versa.

Alfheim
Another example is in order.
Batman hasn't been alive as long as Cap, and yet, he is believed to be an equal, give or take.

No Cap is superior. Brubaker has written both Batman and Cap and has said so himself. The writer for Avangers vs JLA has said Cap is superior. Batman himself has said so, but he said it "seems that he is slightly superior."

Plus, not to mention, it doesn't work like that in comics, or in real life all the time.

No it doesnt but again like I said. It USUALLY does. As I have stated Cap has beaten many people because of experience

Herc has more experience than Cap, as does Thor, as does hundreds of people. But, they are not believed to be more skilled.

How are these other people? Thor and Herc clearly have not studied many different MA. All Herc and Thor do is punch and grapple.

Which, I don't think he remembered.

Yes he did. That gives him 10,000s of years of experience.

Also, even if you go by that, Wolverine is what like, a hundred or so years ahead of Cap?

Yeah so I gave you my explanations.

Unless Cap was fighting for years before each time the universe was restarted, then he hasn't been training as long.

Yeah he was. One reboot lasted 50 years.

Wolverine is very intelligent, and he has even taught Kitty how to disable people, and how to not kill someone.

I never said Wolverine wasnt intellignet hes just not as intellignet as Cap and his showings show this.

The fcat of the matter is this, there are exceptions but all things being equal Cap should know more about MA.

Originally posted by Battlehammer
Correct Logan extremely intelligent. Also capt does not train more then wolverine. Those are simply lies. Logans known for his excessive training. To the point were he locke dhim self in the danger room and trained for a week for none stop combat

So thats how he trains all the time is it? No it isnt.

Originally posted by StyleTime

So do I but I dont see how DD gets the slight majority

Originally posted by MrHeavySilence
Mhm, I agree on most of what you said (that Captain America should know more MA, given that he's much older and more experienced). Although, I think learning an alien MA in one day is PIS; unless Cap has total recall or eidetic memory (like Lex or Batman), there's no way somebody can do that without memory techniques.

His intelligence is extremely high and his speciality is MA. So no its not PIS.

Originally posted by MrHeavySilence

And also, I don't think the experience will help Cap in this case, seeing as how Cap and DD have fought many times, and DD has held his own. This means that DD most likely knows how to counter the bulk of Captain America's attacks, and vice versa.

Yes but what im saying is that logically it should help.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.