Captain Marvel(SHAZAM) vs Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SUPERMANDAMAN
I think Captain Marvel should of had this one what do u think?

ScarletSpider
Thor, the true Norse god of thunder has it in the bag. Then he goes to McBifrost and gets a biggie sized Mead.

SUPERMANDAMAN
heck no captain marvel has manage to take superman and thats something thor couldnt do.

ScarletSpider
All depends on the writing. And Thor would win.

moshtitan
Thor would own Captain Marvel.

Manowar
definitely

manjaro
sorry but this has been written already and thor won hands down why? b-cuz he realized that Cap got his powers from lightning and he said that "its by means of my grace that youre able to use your power(or sump'in like that anyway) then he zapped him with mjolnir(pronounced MOL-NEER by the way) heard it on an episode of the cartoon show hercules when he took over thor's job as god of thunder *lol*

Magee
MAN i used to watch that cartoon every day lol, it was cooool.

badabing
bump

mighty adam
i like marvel but thor should win. look thor is the better fighter plus more skill and he would go all out marvel won't. so thor gets the win.

Psyquis52
Thor wins this one and I don't know how we all feel about Wizard battles but Thor beat Superman according to Wizard.

Frankly I'm not entirely sure Wizard always knows their stuff but I still like to read them.

JohnR
I thought Thor would beat Superman in JLA/Avengers and given the way the fight was portrayed, I'm not convinced Superman should have won. Given that Captain Marvel is usually portrayed as being around or slightly below Superman's level, Thor should win the majority.

CM might actually have the edge in strength and does have the edge in speed and invulnerability, but Thor is tougher, a better fighter, and packs a hammer than can destroy a mountain. His lightning has also been shown capable of stunning just about any top-tier and this doesn't even consider his more powerful attacks like the god-force blast and unfettered might (which I doubt he'd use on CM).

badabing
Among Thor's attributes, godlike speed is something I've never seen him use. Does anyone have information on this besides what the Marvel directory has? Does godlike speed = Mercury speed?

MattDay
dont bring the superman into this, he, so far as to evidence, beat thor... big whoop, this is cap marv versus thor. Apparently caps weakness is magical lightening, now thor possesses lightening, which is magically based, so therefore thor would eventually unleash a blast on caps reverting him to the kid, making him lose the fight from there.

JohnR
Originally posted by badabing
Among Thor's attributes, godlike speed is something I've never seen him use. Does anyone have information on this besides what the Marvel directory has? Does godlike speed = Mercury speed?

No. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Master Edition had Thor's Speed and Reflexes rated as Superhuman which translates as:

Superhuman speed: 111-115 miles per hour

Superhuman reflexes: virtually instantaneous

His reflexes seem better than his running speed. Superhuman speed is midrange (5th highest out of 10 ranks), but superhuman reflexes is 2nd highest out of 7 ranks.

They have stat blocks for a bunch of Thor characters and their meanings at: http://immortalthor.net/

badabing
Originally posted by JohnR
No. The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Master Edition had Thor's Speed and Reflexes rated as Superhuman which translates as:

Superhuman speed: 111-115 miles per hour

Superhuman reflexes: virtually instantaneous

His reflexes seem better than his running speed. Superhuman speed is midrange (5th highest out of 10 ranks), but superhuman reflexes is 2nd highest out of 7 ranks.

They have stat blocks for a bunch of Thor characters and their meanings at: http://immortalthor.net/
Thanks for the info.

Murda Mase
I'd say Cap would win this only because of the speed.

If Thor thow's his hammer(which he always does) at him and Cap catches it then holds it for a amount of time then Thor would turn to a normal human.

It'd be a good fight.

batdude123
Originally posted by Murda Mase
I'd say Cap would win this only because of the speed.

If Thor thow's his hammer(which he always does) at him and Cap catches it then holds it for a amount of time then Thor would turn to a normal human.

It'd be a good fight.

I doubt Captain Marvel would be worthy of being able to hold Mjolnir.

Murda Mase
Well Doom was holding it.

Juntai
Cap has an easier time than Supes would against Thor, given that he's nearly immune to magic completely.

Murda Mase
Thor's lighting bolts aren't magic though....atleast I don't think.

I hate classic universe Thor.

Ultimate Thor though kicks ass and is one of my favorite characters in the Ult. U.

D-Block
I don't know but it is the two most powerful heros from their universes going at it can go either way

badabing
Thor's hammer could be the wild card in this fight. Very close.

Milkie
CM went up against Spectre and held his own so I'd say It would be a pretty good match between him and Thor. Plus I think Thor would be effected by Magical Lighting that's from the Mighty Shazam himself.

Thunderstrike
Thor has the power of Asgard running though him. Magical lightning for him is like taking a shower in the morning.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Milkie
CM went up against Spectre and held his own so I'd say It would be a pretty good match between him and Thor. Plus I think Thor would be effected by Magical Lighting that's from the Mighty Shazam himself.
Marvel was amped in that fight so it's not much of a feat now is it.

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!! 1pimpslap

Milkie
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
Marvel was amped in that fight so it's not much of a feat now is it.

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!! 1pimpslap

I'm talking about before he was powered up

http://img136.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=3ae63_dayofv1.jpg
http://img15.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=89068_dayofv2.jpg
http://img146.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=2eb10_dayofv3.jpg

He was taking a beat down but he didn't give up

Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!! 1pimpslap

grey fox
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Well Doom was holding it.

Doom is using magic based tech to keep hold of it , similar to when he stole the Silver Surfers powers...

Alot of people agree that the Thor/Supes fight was Jobber to the extreme. Supes should have gone down like a $10 hooker. Apparently though the writers are morons.

'Edge in strength' laughing

Thor has lifted the entire midgard serpent (which weighs as much as the planet) also the hammer can't just 'destroy a mountain' it's 'clone' Thunderstrike once smashed an entire planet !!!

As skeet said he was amped and by amped i mean seriously amped. He had nearly every magical entity within the DCU pouring through him at that point. Even before, he was getting amped (Just not the full amp that was the two page , fiery eyes 'Your ass is mine now punk' spread)

They once used a lightening bolt to jump start a lower member of asgards heart. If a low member of the asgardian pantheon can take a bolt then Thor (who's the god of thunder) should be able to take the bolt with ease.

Thunderstrike
Marvel is powered by mystical lighting.

Thor CREATES mystical lightning. Bit of a difference.

grey fox
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Marvel is powered by mystical lighting.

Thor CREATES mystical lightning. Bit of a difference.

Lol indeed.

Oh and on another note my computer (Home one...yay ! No more NTL rat bastards pissing with the box) seems to be going shit-slow so i wont be PM'ing you much Strike ok ?

Thunderstrike
Tis cool dude. Just don't forget to take a look at my sig thread.

grey fox
I've replied on it big grin

Thunderstrike
sveet

Anyway, Captain Marvel becomes a steak 10/10 times.

Scarlet_Spidey
Altough Captain Marvel is DEAD, the battle continues.
Captain marvel would definitly win.
Just steal Thors hammer and Thor turns back in
Eric Masterson.

Thunderstrike
Actually, he wouldn't be able to lift the hammer, and Thor can call it back to him.

Scarlet_Spidey
Read the Infinity Gauntlet.
Thor loses his hammer by Thanos.

And this discussion doesn't make any sense seeing the fact that Cap Marvel has been dead for over 20 years.

grey fox
Originally posted by Scarlet_Spidey
Read the Infinity Gauntlet.
Thor loses his hammer by Thanos.

And this discussion doesn't make any sense seeing the fact that Cap Marvel has been dead for over 20 years.

For jeebus sake *slaps forehead*

SHAZAM as in Billy Batson ....

Thunderstrike
That's Thanos, not Captain Marvel. Also, Thanos had the Gauntlet, making him near immortal. If you want me to start a Captain Marvel vs Thanos with IG thread to prove how powerful he is, then I will. Even in Marvel was able to stop the hammer from being thrown at him, he'd still get a godblast and a half.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.