Nocturne

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

DezW
A thread about Kurt's daugher, Talia Josephine Wagner. smile

Flavio
i know almost nothing about her, Dez sad cant you post her Bio?

DezW
of course ^^

(BAMF central)
Nocturne is the daughter of Nightcrawler. She comes from a reality where Wolverine has accidently killed Professor X and Kurt serves as field leader for the X-Men. Nocturne's original creation came about for a special one-shot called 'Millenium Visions'. Various creators came up with alternate versions of the X-Men. Some of these visions where choosen and made it to the comic page. Nocturne is the only member that made it out of her grouping. But she is different than her original design. In her debut, the blue mutant had no tail and sported Dreadlocks in her hair. Which may have been a concious effort on the creators side to differetiate her from Nightcrawler.

The Exiles have been gathered to set things right in various alternate realities. Each member has been choosen, because in their own reality something has gone wrong. The resulting changes alter bordering realities, changing the neighbooring realities, and so on. Nocturne must prevent Mystique from killing Nightcrawler, or she will cease to exist.

She shares many of his physical characteristics. But she has not been shown to possess any of her father's powers. She has limited telepathy, the full extent of which has not been determined. In addition, she can literally enter another person and control his/her actions. The person being possessed has no knowledge, and remains comatose for a duration once Nocturne leaves the body. Her last ability allows her to fire small bolts of energy at her opponents. She has dubbed them as 'Hex Bolts', as a kinda of tribute to her mother (The Scarlet Witch).

Of interest to note is that Nocturne's tail makes cameos in various issues. Sometimes she has one, others she does not. This is more than likely a design problem. The Artist either can't decide or remember if she does/not have a tail. This issue was resolved in issue #42 of Exiles, it was discovered that Nocturne's tail can actually retract.

Flavio
Thank you Dezzie dear!! happy

DezW
your welcome *hugs* happy

DezW
my fave pics..

DezW
of

DezW
her

Flavio
YAY!!! she and her lover? (i mean in the first one)

DezW
noooo she is heterosexual big grin in the Exiles her boyfriend was John Proudstar. she was pregnant once... sad

DezW
pics

DezW
and more

Flavio
isnt she the one who is lesbian? so i knew nothing about her before the Bio laughing out loud the only thing i knew was that she was lesbian lol and it was wrong!

DezW
and mooore

DezW
ok, last one big grin (this time! *evil laugh*)

DezW
no the lesbian one is Mariko (Sunfire), next to her smile (she was Logan's bride in the Uncanny universe)

Flavio
ok, thx (better so evil face ) happy

DezW
yw my dear hug happy

Flavio
*hugs Dezzie*

ÞÁØlå
YAY!! Nocturne!!! clapping

DezW
whistle

DezW
:/

DezW
://

Abbita
happy

Celestialgirl
Nocturne is the coolest character and I Love Nightcrawler. They're both awesome

platinumx
she is gonna be in the main universe sometime soon.

I think it will be in X-MEN

Celestialgirl
yeah but I heard it will be X-Men #164 and she's supposed to be in the brotherhood or something

ÞÁØlå
eek! post pics as soon as you have them!!!

Mana4X2
From Mana...

1 Oops, sorry, guys. that is Blink. I get em mixed up and sadly I can't replace it with any Nocturne ones cos they are all bmps. mad

Mana

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v297/Mana4X2/X-Men%20/Nocturne/Nocturne_1.bmp

Jury
Mana... she's Blink, isn't she?

DezW
my dear Nocti ^^

DezW
n_n

Chimaera
Hey, everyone. Funny that this should be my first post.

I'd never even heard of Nocturne until I went into this other forum and used her as my avatar. All I thought was "Wow, she's pretty. And she's blue with pointed ears. How many people could she be related to?"
I always liked the Mystique/Rogue/Nightcrawler family so the fact that it's even bigger is awesome. I'm a little confused on how it all works since I don't get to read near as much as I'd like, but still, thanks to everyone in here for their helpful information and wicked pics.

~Chimaera~

Vampy
http://www.myhogan.com/exiles/images/nocturne.jpg

ScarletSpider
She appeared in X-Men 161, 162 and 163. At first a member of the Brotherhood, but it seems she's come to her senses and is working with the X-Men in a rough ad-hoc team at the moment.

Sage Tessa
ad-hoc?
Should I know what that is?

ScarletSpider
Comes from Latin. Means 'for this', an immediate action or assemblage with no forethought of later. Basically, Iceman, Havok, Juggernaut, Nocturne, Polaris, Wolverine and Northstar have assembled in the woods near the mansion with the purpose of stopping it's assailants.

When Wolverine starts appearing in Avengers, if Marvel plays it smart and removes him from the X-books, I'd hazard a guess that Nocturne will be his replacement in the adjectiveless X-Men.

Sage Tessa
Thanks for the info... (feels good to say that to someone else for a change)
Good word usage!
I don't care who replaces Logan as long as he gets less time in (Astonishing/Uncanny/Adjective-less) X-Men, although Nocturne wouldn't be the worst decision ever...

ScarletSpider
I'm just hoping they take him out of the X-teams for awhile. They say they're striving for a greater sense of continuity, yet having a guy on 4 teams at the same time would be stretching it. X-23 on Uncanny as his replacement, Colossus on Astonishing and Nocturne on regular sounds good. As long as a plausible, and not altogether trite story can be told to explain X-23.

Sage Tessa
Yeah, unfortunately, Marvel has a tendency to lean towards "trite-ness," whenever possible...
They complain that having someone, say Psylocke, returning from the grave is far-fetched...
Yet, having one person in four (sometimes more) places at once makes perfect sense?
Interesting, very interesting...

pr1983
or jean doing another lazarus

ScarletSpider
Yeah. Hopefully when--if (as the solicits for Phoenix miniseries do seem vague, after all it is a Phoenix mini series, meaning it doesn't necessarily need Jean, but that is for another topic) Jean returns, she's all like "Cyclops u a scrub, b" And shacks up with Wolvy over at the Avengers. She'd be a great asset to the team, and with the phoenix force, she's much more than just your average mutant.

Sage Tessa
I've heard an Avengers membership for Jeanix (Jean+Phoenix, first time I've seen that one) theorized elsewhere, and it wouldn't be terrible if she came back to dump Scott one last time...

ScarletSpider
It was probably me at an earlier date. I've been kicking around that idea for awhile. I'd really like to see it, it would be a nice change of pace, nearly totally unexpected, and would broaden the horizen's for both teams.

Sage Tessa
Although you may have indeed believed such an event's occurance for a while now...
I actually read that on a Jean Grey board...

Anyway, back on topic...
If Nocturne does join the (Adj-less) team, do you think they'll have her come in contact with her "father," Nightcrawler any time soon?

ScarletSpider
Hmm. I know I came up with the idea on my own, and I don't frequent any Jean Grey boards. Oh well, great conspiracy theorist's think alike, I suppose.

I would hope that Nocturne and Nightcrawler get together. The Exiles did appear in the regular Marvel Universe awhile ago, and the two of them did talk for awhile. Hopefully we'd see some more interaction between them. I can't wait for Milligan to come on the title.

Spiderman_RJ
what i hate about nocturne is that his powers are fake even for his universe, comon how can he teleport to only where he can see?
what would happen if he port into an object or a person behind a wall? but he still do that without knowing what is on the other side

Sage Tessa
Um, RJ, it sounds like you're referring to Nightcrawler...
This thread is about his potential/alternate-future daughter, Nocturne...

For Nightcrawler, see: http://www.uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=70

For Nocturne: http://exiles.confusticated.com/nocturne.html

Spiderman_RJ
" extra-dimensional wormhole surrounding his body absorbs light constantly to cast his body into shadow and make him transparent in darkness, and he can enter the wormhole to teleport from place to place within our dimension seemingly instantaneously, accompanied by a rush of air, a stench of brimstone, and a burst of flame"

ahahaha cool. i didnt know the true dimension of his powers. lol wormhole around him.

so nocturn can also port or only use the port to shot blast into people? and i dont get it right she simbiote others people bodies, or mutate into them?

Sage Tessa
She can possess others, and cast "hex bolts," like her mother, the Scarlet Witch...

Spiderman_RJ
WTF? wanda and nocturne? and they said she is not revolted anymore............... i would never see my wanda within that clown fur ball.

pr1983
wanda and nightcrawler, nocturne is their daughter. and you'd be surprised who some comic women end up with.

Spiderman_RJ
if u meant gwen, from spiderman, i dont eat that shit

Dez Wagner
smile

pr1983
what has gwen got to do with anything?

Shadow_King
so what are her powers????

Paola

Shadow_King
ahhhhh ok. thank you sage for the assistance.

Dez Wagner
smile

ayjay
when did nighty and scarlet hook up? does n e one have an issue reference?

ayjay
http://kurtidge.tripod.com/scans/XI29a.jpg

http://kurtidge.tripod.com/scans/XI29b.jpg

Dez Wagner
only in the exiles. cuz they were so similar.
amanda is her wife in another story.. and they have a daughter too. (it is the days of the future past-storyline, with the sentinels, and Scott and Jean's daughter, Rachel)

ayjay
amanda was HER wife? huh? i dun get it...

Dez Wagner
his wife.. sorry I cannot write messed

ayjay
o0o heheh no worries....phew....for a second it thought something sus was goin on....

Dez Wagner
noooo nosweat
only Logan's exbride and Mary Jane are mates big grin

ayjay
hehehe..ah k....

raventears
First ..

raventears
And last ...

Dez Wagner
cool pics eek!

Dez Wagner
smile

ayjay
i like her with the kool ropey hair

Sage Tessa
Also known as "braids." wink

ayjay
^__^...yeeh...dats wat i meant...wait...yeeh..

raventears
Aww! That's so cute, Dez!

stormfront13
I love nocturne she seems unbeatable being able to control someones body

Dez Wagner
smile

Dez Wagner
smile)

Dez Wagner
smile))

Dez Wagner
not last

Dez Wagner
grr

Dez Wagner
so this is the last smile

ayjay
*claps* YAAAY!...that was koool.....!

rouge24
that's cool! i didn't know that nightcrawler had a daughter. and scarlet witch is her mom? wierd..
she looks cool though, nocturne i mean.

Mai'Keth
Nice pics Dez smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.