Star Wars Republic

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
this is any conversation about this comic series!
i think it is excellent, great Clone War battles.
Feel free to ask questions or post pics or anything!

yerssot
it's ok, some issues weren't that up to par
like quinlan a lot

SnakeEyes
i think the battle scenes are excellent, just so detailed and spectacular. I like how they show different sides of the war also and how it affects different types of ppl

jango fatt
I also really like them, i read them al except 62.Did i miss something?

yerssot
if you tell what's on the cover, otherwise I gotta check

jango fatt
Bail and some senate guards.Sorry it was 61.

yerssot
ah, that one... I liked it a lot... twas great to see Bail get some time and there is this nice turn of events that shakes up a great deal

SnakeEyes
hey, i missed that one too.
Alpha is one of my new favorite characters
he is awesome

jango fatt
Yeah, Alpha is cool.

yerssot
ah come on guys! it's clear that Quinlan rocks! and the body of Aayla ... they didn't do it justice with that cameo in Ep II wink

Jodo kast
Yes, While on the dark side he is cool.

yerssot
the others too stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
Alpha is much cooler than Quin!

yerssot
he does it well, but no one can beat a Jedi balancing on the dark side... and look at his hair and girl eek!

SnakeEyes
he is not doing a good job on the dark side. Alpha is much cooler

yerssot
he is to me... alpha is out of the story already stick out tongue

SnakeEyes
yeah i know it sucks. Do u think he will come back?

yerssot
if Kamino is under attack

SnakeEyes
true, everyone who reads this series, name their fav. issue and why. Also their favorite character in the series

SnakeEyes
nobody has favorites?

SnakeEyes
bump

Jodo kast
67.The jedi series is also cool but expensive.

SnakeEyes
yeah whats up with that price

Sithspawned
The price isn't really that bad. Especiallly for the quality of the work that's being produced...

yerssot
to me it's still much sad

SnakeEyes
YES, anyway, back to topic....

Alpha is the shiz, obi and anakin are cool, mace does some awesome stuff..

SnakeEyes
I just got issue 69, and man i am wanting 70

yerssot
that's the latest no? should have that one too then I think

SnakeEyes
yeah, thats the latest one..

SnakeEyes

SnakeEyes
NOW I HAVE ISSUE 70.
and from start to finish it is action. Obi-wan is stuck on a ship with Assaj Ventress and a Rancor are hunting him. Meanwhile, a ship with Plo Koon on it has been taken hostage and a fairly decent space battle occurs and leaves you hanging...

yerssot
yup, read it ... didn't like the idea of riding a rancor much ... disliked that already earlier on with the story of the sith witches

Jodo kast
I most of all liked 68 (did not read 62,69,70)

yerssot
what was that one about? I never look at the numbers

Jodo kast
That's the one where Aayla and Quinlan meet eachother on Honoghr .(With the new clone troopers).

yerssot
gotcha... wow, gotta refresh my memory on that one

SnakeEyes
yeah i have that one. I am only missing 2 issues! Hey yerssot, how come u don't like the idea of assaj and the rancor? They seem to be doing more cliffhanger endings nowadays in the series.

yerssot
yeah, but I just don't like the idea of someone riding that beast like it's a horse or something messed

SnakeEyes
lol, i guess i can see where ur coming from. I also think that Obi-wan should have just killed it instead of apologizing before he did it. That was kind of lame, even for a Jedi.

yerssot
well, he did kill while the rancor couldn't help it

SnakeEyes
bump

Mist
im missing 69, whats on the cover? 70 was good, wats wrong with it?

SnakeEyes
Nothing was wrong with 70, as far as i know... here is the cover for 69!

NicktheBassist
i have been reading the series at my buddies house and i have gotten to 64 or 65 and i think that it is pretty cool. though i think it kinda sucks that they took Alpha out of the series. he was awesome.

yerssot
think they wanted to refocus on the jedi and the events to come in EpIII

SnakeEyes
probably...
Alpha is supposed to come back in the mini series Obsession

ARC Trooper 117
Never read it....
But is ALPHA the same ALPHA featured in the CLONE WARS min-series? confused

SnakeEyes
ummm, i have not watched that many Clone Wars episodes, but the Alpha i am talking about is an ARC trooper. (and by far the best one ever) He has normal blue and white ARC armor and has been on many exploits with Obi-wan and Anakin in the comic series.

ARC Trooper 117
Hmm....the ALPHA I speak of, (and who's in my avy and sig), has red and white armor, and is an ARC Captain, or something.

SnakeEyes
I think they are different... Or maybe its the same character but with different armor... This is too confusing.

ARC Trooper 117
I think it's probably the same character, and that they just chose the normal ARC Trooper colors, (ie Blue and White).

ARC Trooper 117
Nope, different guys:
ARC SnakeEyes is referring to = Nate.
ARC I'm talking about = AC-17, Jangotat.

Nice new ARC Troopers for season two of the Clone Wars mini-series: ARC Troopers

SnakeEyes
BUMP

SnakeEyes
Meh... bump... pirate

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.