Here comes the man-spider 2: the reasons on a new betrayal(spoilers)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

bakerboy
Hello, yesterday i saw man spider 2: the betrayal strikes back, and here is my review of the movie. First of all, i hated the first movie as all the true spiderman fans did because it was a total betrayal for the character that we loved from the comics, for the reasons that we have talked many times, and my expectations about the movie werent too good, and yesterday, i discover that i wasnt wrong. I have heard some ridiculous things like "best comic movie ever" , " best sequel ever" , etc, etc. I wonder if those guys have seen the same crap movie than me, because this piece of crap is almost as bad as the first one. Lets go with my review:

The movie starts with the same crap that the first one, tobeys voice as the narrator of the story, and sounded as bad as the first one. But lets resume it in the good and bad points.

The good points:

The special efects: althought maybe looked a little bit unrealistc sometimes, too videogame, but in general the special efects of spidey swinging in the city, spidey fighting doc ock, doc ocks tentacles, etc, were the best part in the movie. Great, great fight in the train and in the bank and in the tower, but i think in the end the battle should be longer and more brutal.

Some supporting characters: as in the first part, Rosemary Harris and J K Simmons stole the show. Donna Murphy as Rosalie Octavious, otto's wife, was good too.

Tobey Maguire as peter parker: He was really very good as Peter, although his voice doesnt work again.

The bad points:

The old ones: Spidey again with organics, the story (althought is better than the first one) is wrong again. Too many focus in peter parker and too little in spider man and doc ock. Not enough wisecrackings again , spidey not talking himself like in the comics.

A copycat from superman: the obession of Raimi with copy superman as in the first one, see the scenes with the shirt and the spider simbol or the loss of powers like in superman 2.

Loss of powers: so, peter loses his powers because he cant concentrate in his work? just dumb and non sense. It sound an excuse to me to see spidey rating out webing in some scenes.

The people in the train seeing who spidey is: That was stupid too, please, how on hell could you believe that none of those people wont tell anybody who spidey is,? that was stupid. So, all the people in a train see that peter is spidey and nobody wont tell it? Raimi, you must be joking.

Spidey powers: So if doc ock is a normal guy and spidy has superhuman strenght, how on hell he cant beat him with even pouching him 5 or 6 times, that was also stupid. So , spidey could stop a train and lift a car and he cant beat a normal guy with several punches?.

Mary jane as gwen again: i have included it in the new ones because in even she has her hair more blondish to look more as gwen. Stupid and unnecesary again. Again, Kirsten Dunst was terrible as Mary Jane. I dont know that if its Kirsten's fault or the scripters fault, but it happened again. Gwen stacey with red hair.

James Franco: again, Franco was too weak as Harry, his role is even worse in this part because he doesnt add anything to the story.

Bad developing of the supporting characters: Again, they go screen time to that stupid character of Hoffmam( played by Raimi's brother) and who add anything to the story , Robbie Robertson and Betty Brant are just cameos.

and lets go with the worst part of this terrible film:

Doctor Octopus: Lets see, Alfred Molina is a very good actor and he is a very good choice for the role, but with the atrocity of the script, he couldnt do more. Its really ashamed and stupid and pathetic and sad that sam raimi has one of the best villains in comic story ever and he and the scripters ruined him totally. So , the real villains of the movie are the tentacles? Lets see.

Myopic: I know that it is a minor change, but why doc is wearing graduated glasses as in the comics?

A

Spiderman_RJ
mr parker , u dont need to make another nick we know its u

dave123
you talk about "real villians"... there was none stick out tongue

Spiderman_RJ
indeed

he cant change his voice u know

shut up, its on development

spiderman lost his powers severals times in the comics,but super (i dont know well his comics,smile dont have, hes weak with kriptonyta but dont loose powers

exactly , to PLEASE the" i want the no webbing gag"

that was suposed to be a comoving scene, like the human side of the movie,u know

in the comics u see spiderman dont use his full strengh on "normal" people ,i mean non armor, not superman like. and to be real after in the end spiderman is >>>>>>>>ABLE <<<<<<<< to disfear a real punch on oc u see he going dumb (the mistake in the scene is that he keept all the teeths)

hes a loser

great original

whoever said he wasnt?

Stealth Agent
There wasn't to many ppl on the train. i saw the movie twice and took a good look at them the second time they all looked errr nice and not evilish I know that is a bad exscuse asides that no one took a picture or anything his mask wasn't off long they'd forget soon enuff.

Alright so peter loses his power sorta dumb but you missed the whole plot It was some sub concious thing he was taken them away from himself. he had decide if he really wanted to do this anymore once he did he had full control over them.

Man you are a geak laughing laughing out loud laughing laughing out loud Happy Dance laughing laughing out loud

FeceMan
Stop your bitching.

Robo-Chocobo
man your a minority here. i loved it. i accept it 4 what it is and had 2 things i felt were ODD thats it. and why the hell did u double post this?

bakerboy
First of all, sorry for the double post, it was my mistake. Second of all, in the part of the myopy i wanted to say that he should be wearing graduated glasses, he should to be myopic as in the comics, and in the movie he isnt wearing graduated glasses.

Lets see: im not my friend mr parker, im another person who hates those stupid movies as him and love the character as him, we dont want to see those stupid betrayals on screen, we want the true spiderman from the comics, not that man spider thing.

The movie sucked clearly, the tentacles thing isnt original , is stupid and non sense. Why on hell could be doc ock evil for himself? the tentacles are only an weapon, an instrument for otto, not the evil consciousness for him. that was idiotic.

Harry osborn is a loser, yes, but his role has non sense in this movie.Like that stupid character of Hofman.

Come on, even if spidey isnt using all his strenght to beat ock, he should beat him with only one or two punches, he isnt an idiot and he is trying to save the city against a man with tentacles, he want to beat him. What a poor excuse.

The train scene wasnt a comoving scene, that was stupid. All the people knowing who spidey is, beasides doc ock, mary jane and harry. Why not say it to the hot dog seller too? And how on hell none of those people wont tell who spidey is to the press? the people are weak and capable of everything for money. O maybe Raimi is trying that say us that in that train were only angels and saints not corrupted by the power of the money.

If Raimi want to complace the web gang, he shouldnt used the organics, plain and simple. The other is idiotic.

Yes spidey has lost his powers in the comics a lot of times, but not with the concentration stupid excuse.

So , how many movies they need to developed the wisecrackings and the same focus on spidey and peter? 10?

And the only geeks are the ones who are defending those movies with not reason and are incapable of hear bad critics to the movie without insult the people who posted it.

BlackC@t
Jheez! you are acting like a three-year-old that doesn't get her way! your picking on the little things!

Losing his powers: Spidey losing his powers for a mental reason was not dumb, it showed just how much stress he had in his life and the writers obviously wanted eveybody to feel Peters pain. Also it's just like when your doing a test for school, you come across a question thats really hard and everything just goes wrong, you can't think straight, a perfect example of how and why Pete lost his powers.

The whiney fact you make about it focusing on Peter more then Spider-Man: The movie and comics are mean't to be more about Peter then Spider-Man, it's a classic story of a sweet, nice teenager with a lot of problems and is handed these amazing powers by fate. I mean, come on people! the moral of the story is about taking a good look in the mirrior and seeing yourself as who you are and who you want to become, about finding your destiny.

The organics: why do you keep bringing these up!? what does it matter!? for all the times you've said that the organics sucked you've never actually given a reason but 'it betrays the comics' which is the lamest excuse I've ever and will ever hear in my entire life.

Mary-Jane being like Gwen Stacey: They wanted MJ to be a powerful woman and a hero for woman everywhere, you guys have your hero so why can't you lets us girls have a hero!?

James Franco: I think he's a perfect Harry, a very good actor indeed.

Doc. Ock and Alferd: He was brilliant and not ruined at all.

The glasses: What the Hell are you crying about!? they're glasses for crying out loud!

The people on the train: Their lives had just been saved by Spider-Man, do you really think they're going to betray him like that?

On a last note the movie was nothing like SuperMan. You my friend, are arragant and rude, you wouldn't know a great movie if it bit you on the ass. You say every fan hated the movie, oh yeah and I guess thats the reason why it made millions at the box-office roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why did you go see it if you hated the first one!? pathetic.....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.