can a funny movie be scary?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

John Deer
im jw if u guys think a funny movie can be scary at points?

FEDFAN316
scary movie 1,2,3and club dread also idle hands

Cinemaddiction
None of those were scary.

"American Psycho", which I just watched, was a little bit of both, IMO.

John Deer
i think scary movie 3 had 1 part in it that was ok scary

BadKitty
evil dead 2 is a funny horror movie,so is dead alive.

BackFire
Yes, many of the scariest films of all time have some great laughs. TCM has some of the best dark humor of any horror film, as does The Shining. It's actually very difficult for a film to be scary and NOT funny at times. A horror film that has funny moments is more likely to catch you off guard than a horror film that is completely serious.

A.D. Skinner
I think the answer would be yes.

For those of you who have seen signs...please remember back to the scene in which Mel Gibson looked underneath the door and saw the hand reach out for him ( now in the theatre as I watched this..nearly every single girl screamed )....moments later he returned home to find his entire family is foil hats...( and those people that had screamed were now laughing )

I think it is possible...I think it adds good movement to a movie...you cannot just pump a movie with scares and that is it....it has to be something else as well

Evil Dead
it's a yin and yang.......as Backfire pointed out. When a movie has light points to it.......it makes the dark points seem even darker.

Mr Zero
American Werewolf in London.

eggmayo
for me, tcm was laugh out loud funny.
i was expecting it to be an intelligent 'scary' horror.
then, leatherface runs through a kitchen shouting gibberish.
sorry bf, its just too hyped up > you cant get into the story properly.

hobbit_dude
americna phsyco wasnt funny!!

eggmayo
was a bit.

Cinemaddiction
It was a social satire, it was supposed to be a dark comedy of sorts.

hobbit_dude
what bit?? i saw it yesterday, and now that i remember was a bit sorry, but only a BIT

eggmayo
just cos he was a regular guy, with nail guns and stuff and that damn icepack mask!!!

blood_mage
a funny movie can't be scary but a horror movie can be funny

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.