Your Favourite Parody

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cyclops
What is your favourite Spoof/Parody film?

Elektra_lover
Spaceballs

Cyclops
YES! Great Choice!

Cinemaddiction
Way too many to name, but if parody and spoof are one and the same, pretty much anything by the Zuckers or Jim Abrahams, i.e. "Naked Gun Trilogy", "Scary Movie 3", and "Hot Shots".

The worst that come to mind are "Mafia", "High School High", and "The Kentucky Fried Movie".

burly brawler
the naked guns were great. i think kung pow was one. spaceballs, definitely. thumb wars!!!

BackFire
Spaceballs
Airplane
Kentucky Fried Movie
Young Frankenstien

scabby mcgee
Spaceballs
Bob Roberts

botankus
Spaceballs
The Naked Gun (all of them)

botankus
I also want to know how much money Vengeance paid Cyclops to start this thread.

Enter Scary Movie vs. Scary Movie 3 debate in 3....2....1....

Primitive Screwhead #1
Spaceballs

Amazon Women on the Moon

Murder By Death ("There is only one problem with your theory... it STUPID! It the stupidest thing I ever heard!" -Peter Sellers as Charlie Chan)

Top Secret! ("Your fried hog balls, sir."wink

roundisfunny
I thought a good, underrated spoof was "Rustler's Rhapsody", starring Tom Berenger. It attacked Western movie conventions, more so than Mel Brooks' "Blazing Saddles" (which, while a classic, is more about race relations and farting).

Drac39
Blazing Saddles
Johnny Dangerously
Spaceballs
Young Frankenstein
Airplane

speiderman
killerbeans

nail_bunny
Spaceballs

imcool34
dont forget about loaded weapon!!

Patient_Leech
UHF!!! (Classic, imo. Parodies Rambo, Indiana Jones... plus it's just damn funny)
Spaceballs
Does Team America count?
Does BASEketball count?

Myth
Spaceballs, Airplane, and UHF are my 3 favorites.

Flyattractor
Originally posted by Primitive Screwhead

Top Secret! ("Your fried hog balls, sir."wink Beat me to it..

Attack of the Killer Tomatoes.

0mega Spawn
Shriek If You Know What I Did Last Friday the Thirteenth,
Don't Be a Menace to South Central While Drinking Your Juice in the Hood.
Scary Movies 1 & 2.

RE: Blaxican
Passion of the Christ.

siriuswriter
Anything Mel Brooks touches is Parody Gold.

Lord Shadow Z
Probably Austin Powers although the jokes were pretty much exhausted after the sequel and the third was just horrendous. The first Scary Movie was well done too especially the part when the Sheriff shows Cindy the pictures of himself wearing ladies underwear, that kills me laughing just thinking about it laughing I can't see him in Ghostbusters 2 without my mind going to that scene!

I don't think they have much value though now, they make you laugh at times but go too far with dance routines and repetitive humour.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by siriuswriter
Anything Mel Brooks touches is Parody Gold.

Well Blazing Saddles and Robin Hood: Men In Tights were good, although the ending of Blazing Saddles was quite messy. Robin Hood was pretty funny, good dialogue and parodied Prince of Thieves mercilessly as well as making fun of the Robin Hood character in general.

Funnily enough Cary Elwes would have been a good 'serious' Robin Hood although I do like Costner's portrayal. I still need to see Elwes in The Princess Bride because I've never seen it yet and I've heard it's a fun film

siriuswriter
Originally posted by Lord Shadow Z
I still need to see Elwes in The Princess Bride because I've never seen it yet and I've heard it's a fun film

WHHHHHAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTT?!!!!!!!!

STOP. Right now. Drop what you're doing.

And watch PRINCESS BRIDE.

NOW.

Lord Shadow Z

NOW.

big grin

I've seen snatches of it but never all at once. When I find it I will sirius, I promise.

siriuswriter
What do you mean "when I find it?"

ETA : Amazon.com Instant Video, 2.99 to Rent.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Princess-Bride/dp/B000VEPL2M/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1332714592&sr=1-1

no excuses left, dude.

Myth

NOW.

I actually dislike Princess Bride. Too cheesy yet not funny.

cdtm
Originally posted by Sweet Escape
Spaceballs

Kolerik
Who is your favourite spoof/parody music act?

text message marketing
sms mobile marketing
text messaging service

Lord Shadow Z
What do you mean "when I find it?"

ETA : Amazon.com Instant Video, 2.99 to Rent.
http://www.amazon.com/The-Princess-Bride/dp/B000VEPL2M/ref=sr_1_1?s=movies-tv&ie=UTF8&qid=1332714592&sr=1-1

no excuses left, dude.

I prefer to buy face to face really but if I come across it I'll check it out, because I like I said I've seen bits and pieces - I certainly liked the sword fighting scene with Elwes because I love sword fights in movies.

juggernaut94
Hmm. I'd say Epic Movie, and Scary Movie 1.

Lord Shadow Z
Originally posted by juggernaut94
Hmm. I'd say Epic Movie, and Scary Movie 1.

Epic Movie had a few laughs in it but most of it passed me by and some of it was OTT. I especially liked the X-Men part in the hallway, with the spoofed Wolverine and co, that was funny. Kind of like 'Meet the Spartans' actually which also lost the thread of it's own comedy but had it's moments.

juggernaut94
Epic Movie had a few laughs in it but most of it passed me by and some of it was OTT. I especially liked the X-Men part in the hallway, with the spoofed Wolverine and co, that was funny. Kind of like 'Meet the Spartans' actually which also lost the thread of it's own comedy but had it's moments.

Aha, that was good. And the Jack Sparrow bit was quite funny. I was quite young when I saw Epic Movie, maybe 13 years old? With a bunch of other 13 year olds - was easily amused haha.

I didn't bother watching Meet the Spartans. Hm, I don't know. I don't particularly care for parodies or spoofs...

the ninjak
Meet the Spartans is a terrible film.
Epic Movie has its moments I can understand a younger generation enjoying it.
Scary Movie series was great in its first film but had some laughs in their later.
Naked Gun films are classic. And Spaceballs is supreme.

juggernaut94
Aha, I am curious to watch Meet the Spartans though. It's got Pamela Anderson in it, right? Or some blonde chick with big ****... blink

I actually haven't seen any Naked Gun films or Spaceballs. Might give it a watch sometime this week...

Lord Shadow Z
Aha, I am curious to watch Meet the Spartans though. It's got Pamela Anderson in it, right? Or some blonde chick with big ****... blink

It was Carmen Electra so you were nearly right. MTS has got funny moments, with some quotes or little bits of slapstick/toilet humour and Kevin Sorbo (Hercules, Kull) sends himself up really well and really gets into the spirit. I would say how they mocked the fighting scenes was the funniest part. It's worth a cheap rent but I wouldn't buy it.

Looking back at my first post can't believe I forgot to mention Hot Shots! 1+2, god they're funny. I'd be fully behind a third if Sheen can tear himself away from hookers and tiger blood.

juggernaut94
It was Carmen Electra so you were nearly right. MTS has got funny moments, with some quotes or little bits of slapstick/toilet humour and Kevin Sorbo (Hercules, Kull) sends himself up really well and really gets into the spirit. I would say how they mocked the fighting scenes was the funniest part. It's worth a cheap rent but I wouldn't buy it.

Looking back at my first post can't believe I forgot to mention Hot Shots! 1+2, god they're funny. I'd be fully behind a third if Sheen can tear himself away from hookers and tiger blood.

Psh, close enough happy

Guess I'll add Meet the Spartans to my list of movies to watch over the summer. Exam period now, till 17th May.

Hot Shots? I've never heard of it. And lol, Charlie Sheen... x)

Major_Lexington
Cannot believe nobody has mentioned Office Space yet, Hilarious!

Lord Shadow Z
Hot Shots? I've never heard of it. And lol, Charlie Sheen... x)

Well you can check on the net, but the 1st is a spoof on Top Gun (I haven't even seen TG but I still got the jokes) and the second is a spoof on Rambo and general 'one-man army' type actioners. They feel a bit dated but if you haven't seen them the jokes will be fresh to you anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.