No More Comic Book Fan Films?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Comics2Film reported that Warner Brothers has asked Comic-Con International not to screen unauthorized fan-produced movies that feature DC Comics characters such as Batman and Superman, though those movies have been audience favorites in past years. Warner, part of the same Time Warner company that owns DC, reportedly asked Comic-Con to honor the company's intellectual copyrights. A ban will extend to all copyrighted material.

David Glanzer, a spokesman for Comic-Con, told the site that "Comic-Con International received a letter in early June from Warner Brothers requesting that we honor their intellectual copyrights by not screening films which may infringe upon those copyrights. Needless to say we have complied, so this year any movie that deals with a copyrighted character ... released by DC, Marvel, Dark Horse Image, to name a few, will not be shown this year."

At issue is the fact that Comic-Con charges admission and can be viewed as profiting from any infringing works, the site reported.

mad mad mad mad

Manowar
who cares???

TheFilmProphet
Filmmakers like me and others you jackasshorse

moonwalker741
man that sucks....

hey does that meen the guy who made batman dead end is in trouble?

Gregory
I can't believe you're complaining that a company is asserting their copyright; they have every right to do so.

Arachnoidfreak
Oh man, who gives two shits? Fan films suck anyway. Besides, Gregory is right, the company has every right to enforce their copyright.

Jason Wyngarde
yeah if they own it. they should be the ones making money off it not some fans. because if i make somthing i want to be the making money of it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.