Behind The Locked Door

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sauron
Its one of two things in my mind

1Love - Its what stopped voldy in the first place, and dumbledore says he could not stand to be in a body so full of it speaking of course, about why voldemort let go of his possesion of harry. Harry was thinking of seeing sirius again when voldy let go
Its also more wonderful and terrible than death

soo.... do you think its love? or

Snape puts his thoughts in the pensieve. Harry enters it, and sees what i consider one of the most deadly things ever, snapes old greying boxer shorts, unwashed

These would ceraintly stop voldemort.

hobbit_dude
what door r u talkin about?

~*Auror_Chk*~
yawn

Sauron
Wow, ignorance.

there is a door harry, in the department of mysteries, that the ministry keeps locked at all times, behind there is a power more wonderful yet more terrible than death

Dumbledore to harry.

Its the door in the room of doors, that hermione couldnt open, and it melted harry's knife from sirius

Padfootlover
I'm almost sure it's love because he said "It was your heart that saved you." At the end of the first book, he also said truth was great and terrible, which were the same words he used for that power.

Sauron
Exactly my point smile

But i think the inner and deeper message in the harry potter books is going over the heads of some people here. who probably think its 'Harry has to fight voldemort'

angelsflame265
Love has been described as one thing that is stronger then death or time. Its something that can make you, or break you. How Harry could use it against voldermort I have no idea. Maybe words? "The pen is mightier then the swoard"

angelsflame265

shaber
well we know that it isn't time or animated brains or death/the afterlife...

Lianslo
i agree Sauron...love seems like the obvious answer...i've been thinking about that whole thing lately...i posted this in a different thread...

but also in this part, harry is trying to kill bellatrix...and it got me thinking. Harry tried to use the Cruicious (sp?) curse on her...but of course it doesn't work for him. Bellatrix says something to the extent of, in order to use an unforgivable curse you have to want to cause pain, to enjoy it...righteous anger won't get you anywhere....and theres the whole thing w/ harry using love as a weapon against voldy (i.e. the part where he can't posses harry for very long b/c hes so full of love)...so perhaps the entire "love" concept is a bigger idea then we think...

Sauron
Love, and the opposite would be hate smile

Might be something about neding love to hate confused

Lianslo
^i don't know...perhaps...but i read this exact part we're discussing today...and DD basically says it is love. *runs and gets her book* alright, this is when DD is talking about what "power/force" is behind the door...

"That power took you to save Siruis tonight. That power also saved you from possession by Voldemort, because he could not bear to reside in a body so full of the force he detests. In the end, it matter not that you could not close your mind. It was your hear that saved you."

i think that basically says it all smile

Unicor777
Sauron! Are you going to open Threads for all the questions you have. Common lets open one so everyone can post uestions and get answered to. Lets say the Official Qurstions Thread.

I mean if u get more questions u could ask the moderator to merge it?

Scar
There is already an official questions thread. The sticky one.
"The Official 'Ask Hermione' Question Thread"

hobbit_dude
no expression confused messed laughing

APirateMonkey
big grin

Sauron
These arent questions, i am merely trying to get my thoughts across, as thats how i like to learn, i put my thoughts out, and listen to others smile

so, if you would kindly stay on topic.

airangel
I am writing a news story on HP and I was reading through OTP in Chapter 37, Page 843, last paragraph and I read this again........

"There is a room in the Deparment of Mysteries," interrupted Dumbledore, "that is kept locked at all times. It contains a force that is at once more wonderful and more terrible than death, than human intelligence, than forces of nature. It is also, perhaps, the most mysterious of the many SUBJECTS for study that reside there. It is the power held within that room tht you possess in such quantities and which Voldemort has not at all......"

I am wondering if Harry's mother is in that room. Voldemort does not have his parents. If Lily was alive what if the magical attack from Voldemort did something else to her and she has to be kept locked up. Surely the room is not filled with LOVE. That room has some particular tie to HARRY and no one else. Notice that the book says its a mysterious subject for study. Sometimes people are considered subjects.

This is just an idea and it might be a very FAR FETCHED idea.

~AA~ I'm going to merge this thread in a few days with the other dept. of mystery threads.

hobbit_dude
is possible... tho it would b rather... strange....

Scar
No! You are wrong airangel. There is no doubt that Lily and James Potter are DEAD. Otherwise, Harry should haven't seen their ghosts out of Voldemort's wand in "Goblet of Fire". (Ch. 34, Priori Incantatem)

Sauron
I made a thread about this AA, Called 'behind the locked door'

I think its love.

Scar
It is not love. It is a mysterious force. Dumbledore thinks it is the "force of love".

Sauron
im sure its love

harrys mum died for him out of love
voldy was defeated

Voldy let go of his possesion of harry when harry was thinking of sirius. Who he loves.

A force he, harry, has...that voldemort doesnt. can you really see voldy with candy and flowers?
a force voldemort despises
Love inspires hope...

airangel
Why would it be locked up though?

I'll merge this thread with the other thread.

When I was writing my news story I came across that except from OOTP and I wasn't thinking...I just posted it spontaneously.

airangel
merged

Scar
Good points! Now I think "love" and the "force of love" is one and the same thing. But this thread is about what airangel thought about Lily. stick out tongue

RebelPhoenix
I like airangel's theory, it's very unique but what Scar pointed out holds true. Hmm, I also see why Sauron thinks it's love but then again - how can you store an emotion in a room? How is it kept, in a jar or something? messed I'm thinking it has to be something tangible - maybe it's something so powerful that it has to be kept by itself otherwise it's uncontrollable.

Then I was thinking - what does Harry have in big amounts that V doesn't other then love? Plus, even though Voldy doesn't have love love par se - he does have desire and love for power and the devotion of his followers with their conviction, that's a kind of love isn't it? Even if it's for bad intentions... then I realised that is the difference. Voldemort has love for control/power/crimes/violence etc and Harry has been a victim, he has love for those lost, for his friends and has support - he has righteous love/anger/vengence - conviction and courage but for good things. Just like how Harry and Slytherin share many similar traits but use them differently - so what is it that can determine between the two? Dumbledore already answered that in the very first book - it's our choices that make us who we are. So, what can judge us on our choices and see who we are and why would whatever it is seem to be thought to favour Harry? The answer to that is justice and not necessarly love - so is the object/being or whatever in this room a dealer of justice but one so powerful it is only used or chooses to use itself in very rare occassions when it seems people can't sort out the problems themselves? Would it then be like the arc in Indianna Jones? I don't know and it might seem silly or far fetched but that is my idea for now lol smile (if it isn't love that is wink ).

ladygrim
smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.