Darth Maul : Shadow Hunter

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Ok I am reading this book now, and I really like it. Anyone else? Just makes me seriously bummed Lucas killed Maul off tho, I'd have prefered him to Dooku anyday. stick out tongue

yerssot
I read it, it was ok

Jedi Priestess
hmmmmmm is Shatterpoint better? I am debating buying that one.

yerssot
well, I believe a thread here is already going on about that and some agreed that it didnt totally feel like star wars

Jedi Priestess
hm i sincerely hope Jedi Trial and the Laybrinth book are good.

yerssot
I hope so too, but if you're interested in good stories, perhaps the comics are up your alley?

Dexx
aawh....shadow hunter.
well...this one and shatterpoint are the best two i've read. but i haven't read THAT many sw books, and i don't consider ANY sw book TOO good.

but these two are ok.
i actually enjoyed shadow hunter. especially the ending stick out tongue can't remember much of it...only that it ends BADLY ..just to my tastes stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
uh I dont think I will ever be able to watch SW cartoons OR read comics.....I'm a little too purist for that. Good grief it's taken me all these years to finally give in and start reading the books.

Creechuur
I was kinda bummed with Maul's novel. It was good, just not GOOD.

Shatterpoint is great so far. Mace Windu is a way better character to read than to watch, since so much goes on in his head. He was alright in Ep 2, but Shatterpoint has me respecting him a lot more. I now know why he is considered the deadliest Jedi.

yerssot
ah come on JP, give the comics a shot wink

Jedi Priestess
eh......I dunno, someting just doesnt appeal to me on that level.....

yerssot
you're too good ? stick out tongue

Melkórë
Nice sig JP.
On-Topic:
I preferred Shatterpoint, personally.

Dexx
i juts found shatterpoint weird maybe because a non-jedi oponent (even with force awareness) can trouble a jedi master like mace the way he did.

Jedi Priestess
no ya smartass....too purist! stick out tongue wink

thanks Melk smile

yerssot
the republics are really good

Jedi Priestess
ok 80 pages left to go in Shadow Hunter. damn I hope this doesnt end stupid.......be back when Im done.

Jedi Priestess
ok I'm done. ANd I really liked this book alot. big grin And the ending was just as it needed to be.

I will say this, of the SW books that Ive read, the ones I like the best are the ones without 80000 techinal descriptions and 400 different characters. I like my stories to be to the point with an occasional twist or two. I tried reading Heir to the Empire twice now and just can NOT get into this book. messed

yerssot
the timothy zahn trilogy? why not?

Jedi Priestess
just waaaaaaaaaay too damn many things going on at once for me to keep track of. It could have been that i wasnt in the right fram of mind for it. My reading styles vary widely....but I gotta be in the right mood to wade through something as involved as that book.

yerssot
it's pretty straight forward messed

Dexx
glad you liked it.... if i remember correctly...all the good guys die, no?

Jedi Priestess
yep, yep all the loose ends tied up leading up to TPM.

yerssot
like the approaching storm to AOTC wink

Seto Fett
As soon as I finised that book, I just realized that if that info broker's fate had not happened, the galaxy would undoubtely be very different now...That book was really a tragedy but in a good way.

Jodo kast
I found it funny when he gave the holocron to Palpatine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.