Why do they die?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mrs. Sparrow
Who else thinks neo or trin shouldn't have died. I was so pissed off. that ruined the last movie for me other than that the entire trilogy rocked!

OSchan
sometimes people have to die to let othrs live. not every hero has to live through everything.

ragesRemorse
they had to die, they already died. It was Neo's and trinity's purpose to keep each other alive long enough to bring peace amongst the machines and man.Neo should have died in the first film, but it was because of trinity that neo came back, as in reloaded, trinity should have died but because of her love for him, he broke the cycle of entering the door, and saved her life. then in revolutions the saving of each others lives in the previous films comes together for them to ultimately follow there paths of purpose to reach a truce between the machines, if trininty didnt die in revo that may have determined different emotions in neo which could have meant a different outcome

Korri
sad give me a hankie

Smodden
People die at all the time. Even people we don't want to die. Its a way of life, a way of the end of life, and I somtimes wonder why it has to be that way. But it does...Its a passing thing...
Trinity gave herself for Neo
Neo gave himself for her, and the rest of the world. That is how it sometimes is...you give up somthing for the good of others. And its that love and power that drives you to do things like that, give up your life...just for that one special person.
trinity would do anything for neo...and she did do everything, even give up her life.
Its hard to explain, but you know that the person you love, you would give up anything for her, you would do anything for them. Without them the rest of the world is meaningless. And if the task calls for your own life, you would give it in a heartbeat...Because you Love her. Some will argue, but I think they died for each other.

Sauron
cry *pms link to shadowy blue*

Cyclops
Neo is a tradgic hero.

JediHDM
First of all, Neo isn't dead. second, Trinity had to die for Neo to sacrifice himself. If trinity hadn't died, Neo wouldn't have let Smith take him over. Trinity brought Neo through his life, as the ONE, but she would have kept him from fulfilling his duty, which is why, partly, the Oracle couldn't tell the outcome of her gambit.

Korri
and your dad thumb up

JediHDM
question: what is a 'tradgic' hero?

Numo
Well, well, it's been a long time. I see you're still as pedantic as ever. But thankfully some things never change.

Korri
I think what my son means is someone who dies/sacrifices themself to save a person or people smile

JediHDM
Numo> yes, it has been a long time. and yes, thankfully some things never change.

Korri> yeah, i know...i was just giving him a hard time for his spelling.

Numo
And some things do...observe...

Overall i agree with your point.

JediHDM
eek! *Cluches chest, then falls over with a massive heart attack*

Scar
*takes Jedi to the hospital*
Doctor: "Sorry! He is dead."
*Jedi wakes up suddenly*
Me: "He is The One!".

JediHDM
...or maybe i just have the Medallion!!!

sorry, that was a bad joke, and a B movie...at least in my book.

Korri
leave my kids alone!! mad

they may not be as smart as you or as all knowing but that does not mean that they are any less than you are!!! bmiffed

hmph *slams door*

JediHDM
i don't get it...i'm not all that smart as it is...come on people, please...Omega is smart...i'm just intelligent...theres a difference.

Korri
i think your smart yes

talkin' of Omega where is our "goderator" wink

Shape Shifter
What is cluches? dont u mean Clutches?

manchichirtchit
oooooooooooooooooohhhhh, the young grasshoppa stands up to the masta!

Korri
the pain is too much *kills self*

mailedbypostman
*Follows suit*

JediHDM
OMG...you found a spelling mistake from three posts ago...but that is one of the few spelling mistakes you will find in my posts.

Korri
laughing the pinicle of perfection

JediHDM
should i? no, i guess i could allow this mistake seeing my blatant mistake earlier...

Korri
lol, JediHDM u always know what to say...

This thread starts off depressing and then you manage to raise everyones spirits with your randomness! that takes some skill!

JediHDM
thank you, thank you...

Korri
raver i speak only the truth

_Matrix_Neo_1_
Hey The Alpha, that's my siggy! Did you steal it or did you think of it before?

I made that up...

What's with Korri?

Who said something about your kids and what Medallion?

Korri
Actually thats not your signature TOH made it.

and there is nothing "with" me im just fed up with reading threads that died months ago.

mailedbypostman
quote:
Originally posted by Korri
We have already discussed this topic!!

Ditto!
Rule 459687 of KMC forums: You may not revive a thread to use as cover for another topic.
i'll keep doing this.
I've got an idea, don't post so much. Reviving is an illegal practice in this forum.

JediHDM
there is nothing wrong with reviving..it is when the reviving involves a thread that was already finished to say something stupid like "You like zelda?"

Korri
laughing thats exactly where im coming from!!

_Matrix_Neo_1_
What's wrong with Zelda?

_Matrix_Neo_1_
mad

mailedbypostman
Ha!

Korri
look, i dont know what is wrong with you put maybe if you listened to our advice then people may not seem agrovated my you no expression

MornGlory
neo died? i need to watch it again or maybe i was sleeping in the end

I know that trin died and I thought that was gay sick

JediHDM
first off, nice to meet you MornGlory...nice avy, btw...i am the natalie portman obsessor, though, so don't get in my way...and no, Neo didn't die. as for Trinity dieing, it was necessary...without her dieing, Neo wouldn't have sacrificed himself to stop Smith, he woulda held back for her.

Korri
i wouldnt sick

JediHDM
we know, korri, hun, your love "affair" with Neo is WELL known...lol

mailedbypostman
Yes it is.

Korri
raver and you know it...

JediHDM
...that's what i just said...isn't it? anyone?

Korri
i was deliberately trying to confuse you raver

Shilohbloo
Well, I'm coming in quite late to this thread, but I do have an answer as to why Neo and Trinity had to die. First of all, if you think in terms of how they finally destroyed the spaceships in Independence Day, you'll remember that they had to bomb it from inside the main source of power for it to have any results at all. That is the same thing here, in order for Mr. Smith to really be destroyed, it had to be from inside the main source of his power -- inside him -- which would affect all that sprung from him... and Neo was the One, the "bomb", to do just that. It was finally revealed to be his prime purpose in the whole of it. Nothing else would have worked. And, in order for that to happen, they would have to become one, and it would have to kill Neo along with Mr. Smith, since Neo was hooked up to the Matrix, which he could not survive in if his mind were to die, as would have to be the consequence of such an explosion. There was no other truly logical way for this to have been done. Had it been done any other way, it would not have made as much sense, or have been as satisfying. Regarding Trinity, as already said in other parts of this thread, she took him as far as she could, and if she were there waiting, it would leave Neo with too much to worry on, making it very difficult, if not impossible, for him to make the necessary decisions and steps he would have to make, since he wouldn't want to leave her. ALSO, with Trinity and Neo both dead in this temporary realm, they would soon come together in the whole of it all, where it really counts: the next world, plane of existence, Heaven, what have you, where they would be united forever. So, in essence, they did end up together in eternity. This is the ultimate lovestory, one with no ending. Their love is one that was meant to last through all time; therefore, it would not, and could not, die simply because their bodies life-force ran out. And if you get one thing from this story, it is that we go much deeper than that of the shell of our bodies. Yet, this could not have happened immediately if one was left behind, making it more of a tragedy... and if Neo didn't do what he did in order to save Zion, they would soon both be dead anyways, since the machines would have destroyed them all, anyhow. This was all very necessary, how it had to happen, and it was brilliantly done. And if you truly understand the story, which might take a few DVD viewings, along with pauses throughout, you just might come to see the true happy ending that came from it all, not only for the people of Zion, but for Neo and Trinity, as well.

Shilohbloo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.