favorite Team

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Which is your favorite?

ScarletSpider
Alpha Flight all the way! Although I'm really pumped up about the New Invaders. Para-military, no boarders they can't cross or things they can't do. C.P.'s art might turn a lot of people off, but I like it, and it WILL BE awesome.

A new Thunderbolts series is also in the works. And Defenders, I think.

Arachnoidfreak
It used to be the JLA, but the Fantastic Four have grown on me.

ScarletSpider
Yeah, the Affirmative Action arc, and the one after that with going to Heaven and everything were really good, I thought.

Victor Von Doom
I was going to vote FF, but I voted LXG.

Not the lame film version though.

SnakeEyes
why did u vote for LXG?
just curious......

Arachnoidfreak
Alan Moore created them. Need I say more?

SnakeEyes
true

Joker1237
Well I say JL Bats Supes and WW

Kontraz
no autobots?

chrissyg
mines brotherhood of evil mutants from the movies but u didn't put them there

Kontraz
i think this was supposed to be a hero-only team thing, other wise i would have mentioned the cons rahter than the bots wink

Victor Von Doom
Basically as Arachnoidfreak pointed out.

Moore rules.

who?-kid
Being a Moore fan => LXG

Alpha Centauri
LXG.

Then Defenders. Surfer and Hulk. Pretty much says it all.

-AC

Manowar
X-Men

SnakeEyes
I voted for X-men, i think its awesome that there are so many of them all around the world, not just the ones who are on the team.

ScarletSpider
Big Hero 6 lol. Greatest team. Ever.

skett
personally, i'd say JLA; teh group's been around for a while adn it's comprised of the classics, such as batman, superman, wonderwoman...ect... but that;s my opinion, so please dont be offended.

ScarletSpider
Lol, skett, lighten up on the polite, or you'll have an aneurysm with all the happenings around here.

And Alpha Flight all the way.

SnakeEyes
X-men all the way!

RaventheOnly
hmmm i wonder...

Gregory
My vote goes to the Omega Men--pitty that a new creative team had to come in midway and **** everything up.

SnakeEyes
who are they?

Gregory
They're a group from DC; it's a scifi story, set in the Vega system. The Omega Men are actually an army with some two hundred members, formed to combat the evil Citadel, which had enslaved the Vega system--sort of like Star Wars, really. But only a few of them are important--Primus (one of their leaders; telekinetic powers), Tigorr (Primus's ally, but also a rival for leadership; a cat alien who could turn fully into a gian cat, the last of his kind with that ability), Broot (a giant alien; belongs to a race of pacifists, but was banished because of his violent behavior), Nimbus (a disembodied spirit who kills with a touch), Harpis (a winged being, the victim of experimentation by the Citadel; her wings were ripped of by Lobo's partner, but she later regained them), Felicity (a female of Tigorr's species), Doc (their doctor, cybernetically enhanced), Kalista (Primus's wife), and Shlagen (largely worthless comic relief). The first four on that list are the most important.

The problem was that come Issue 26, the cast changed. Suddenly, and without warning, we were reading about a whole new group of people--the Green Man (a former Green Lantern), Elu (a something surrounded by a forcefield), Ryand'r (Starfire's brother), and Artin (an artificial intelligence). Okay, they still had Tigorr and Kalista with them, and the others eventually showed up, but for the longest time, it was like reading an entirely different comic. Plus, at the same time these people showed up, the readers were thrown into the middle of a convoluted story, so not only did the readers have to deal with a new cast, they had no idea what was going on. This is what I was talking about when I said that the new creative team messed things up.

They're main enemy was named Harry Hokum, and was human. I don't know if he existed in the DCU before Omega Men.

The Omega Men aren't around any more, but they were cool while they lasted.

SnakeEyes
they sound pretty awesome!
are their comics still available?

Gregory
No; they ran for forty issues (including two annuals), and DC, following their policy of never releasing TPB's for less well-know series, hasn't made them available in any other format. I suppose you could still buy back issues--that's what I did.

SnakeEyes
bump, i figured newer members could vote and tell why

spyrokinesi35
hahha, justice league unlimited

Alpha Centauri
X-Force are a pretty bad ass team when they decide to be. Been getting into them again recently.

-AC

Paola
voted for X-Men

Nataku8188
WEAPON X!

Tron
No Squadron Supreme?

SnakeEyes
NOPE!

ScarletSpider
Old school Squadron Supreme, or new-age Supreme Power? Both are pretty good. Squadron Supreme was the first super hero story to do the "Super Heroes take over and run the world" thing.

Kontraz
what about JoeBots or CobraCons??? Those deserve to be there...

GreatMuta
Y'all forgot about the omnipotent Power Pack ! sick

SnakeEyes
Well X-men is winning as i thought

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.