battle of the bands who is your pick?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evolution
ok i know there is a ton of rock fans in these forums so i figure hey what the hell.

is there a band battle that you wanna see take place?

for example

old school metalica vs ac/dc

Alpha Centauri
What are the criteria? Just like material Vs material and whoever's better wins?

In that case Metallica would whoop AC/DC given that you could just show them Master Of Puppets or The Black Album and have done with it.

-AC

el_barto
The Who vs. The Rolling Stones

Evolution
korn vs godsmack would be interesting

finti
well I would pick the Black Album of AcDc over Master of Puppets By Metallica.
The Who would kick Stones ass

Victor Von Doom
Led Zep vs Queen.

Darth Revan
No it wouldn't... Because Korn would own Godsmack.

Tool vs NIN

Fearnix
TOOL VS NIN impossible they both kick ass
zep would kick queens ass
godsmack are shit
and
Black Album over puppets

Deathblow
Granted Tool vs NIN would be impossible to judge, but god damn would it be a good show.

I'd like to see a real old skool gods of death metal battle-

Slayer vs Sepultura (back in the Cavalera days)

Victor Von Doom
NIN are great but Tool would destroy them.

Led Zep wouldn't kick Queen's ass, I don't think anyone would.

Df02
no way Tool would destroy NIN...itd be close and i dunno if i could say who'd come out tops.....but Destroy is waaay too strong a word for that battle..

Black Onyx
HIM vs. Marilyn Manson

Df02
jesus, now in that 1 destroy is a very good word to use...

MM would destroy HIM
hell, most bands would Destroy HIM imo stick out tongue

Black Onyx
shock

cry

Darth Revan
MM would destroy HIM.

As for Tool vs NIN... I'm going to have to say Tool would win, but it would be really close.

Black Onyx
Incubus vs Nirvana

Darth Revan
Incubus are more talented... Nirvana is classic.. It's a tossup

Victor Von Doom
No way man.

No one is close to Tool.

Darth Revan
I disagree. Trent Reznor is a genius.

Fearnix
puting TOOL against NIN is just wrong

Smashing Pumpkins vs hmmm oh NO ONE cause no one sounds anything like em.... big grin

Victor Von Doom
He is. So is Stephen Hawking but I don't think he'd do good against Tool either.

Music isn't really a competition to be honest but I don't think anyone is close in terms of talent to Tool, maybe Radiohead.

Deathblow
There are very, very few modern bands I hold in higher regards than Tool. In fact there are only three (well, two and a half), and Nine Inch Nails are one of them. Keenan is a brilliant man, but Tool couldn't function without the talents of Keenan's bandmates, whereas Nine Inch Nails is Trent Reznor. I doubt Maynard could achieve would Trent has single handedly. I doubt anyone could.

Victor Von Doom
I agree that Maynard alone probably couldn't do what Trent does, BUT...Tool isn't Maynard alone.

Prince is arguably more talented than Reznor, as far as single ventures.

Anyway, who are the other 2 bands?

Deathblow
IMO, hell no. Prince is one of the most overrated artists in history. I'm not denying his talent, I just think its been blown way out of proportion.

The other one is Opeth, and the half one is Anotherdeadsupermodel, but they're only potentially better than Tool at the moment, and they could wind up as nothing more than an insignificant blip on Tool's radar unless things go to plan.

golden moon
van halen vs dream theater!!!

Victor Von Doom
Opeth are cool.

Prince is never overrated man, if anything he's underrated. The guy can and does do everything, not to mention being one of the greatest guitarists in the world.

I'm not even a massive fan of his music but I think his ability is astonishing.

Tptmanno1
I'd like to see Metallica Vs. Guns and Roses.
That would close because both Guitarists are crazy. It would be interesting.

el_barto
How very wrong you are

el_barto
How rite you are

Deathblow
No no, I think they are probably one of the only bands that would.

jayson
the pixies vs nirvana

Deathblow
Pixies would annihilate Nirvana.

finti
nah

Victor Von Doom
I do think Zep woulkd win, I just think the idea of any band 'kicking Queen's ass' is impossible. It would have to dwarf Queen's performance and make it look lame, which is never going to happen.

Alpha Centauri
"I'd like to see Metallica Vs. Guns and Roses.
That would close because both Guitarists are crazy. It would be interesting."

Metallica have two guitarists. The best rhythm guitarist ever and one of the best soloists. Slash is good but not that good.

-AC

Alpha Centauri
Anyone think of a decent match for Velvet Revolver besides G N R?

-AC

Darth Revan
STP...?

finti
I wouldnt rank either of them in top 100

Darth Revan
James Hetfield isn't that great... I like Kirk Hammet though

fuct_up_kid
i agree.

Victor Von Doom
Wha? James Hetfield is awesome. Much more amazing than Kirk, who is not nearly the best at what he does.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.