Canadian Superheroes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chrissyg
does anybody know some canadian superheros and tell me some sites or something the only ones i know are captain canuck and northstar,does anybody know any else?

Alpha Centauri
Vindicator is Canadian, leader of Alphaflight.

-AC

wuTa
so's wolverine at least i think he's canadian yea i'm pretty sure he is

Manowar
Wolverine, Sabretooth, Deadpool, Omega Red, and everyone else from Weapon X

ScarletSpider
Alpha Flight is a team comprised of Canadian superheroes. Among their ranks are Sasquatch, Puck, Guardian, Vindicator (as AC mentioned), Northstar was a former member, his sister Aurora was a former member, Madison Jefferies is a former member (having been abducted by the Zodiac, and later Weapon X, he's brainwashed and out in the wilderness somewhere, a loose end to an ongoing plot in the Weapon X book). Snowbird, former member Marrina (although she's an extra terrestrial, member of the Plodex race, Alpha Flight has a long history with them) Shaman, Talisman, Diamond Lil, Murmur, Radius and Flex are/were also members.

Wolverine is Canadian, I believe, although with his history it's hard to tell sometimes. He was a member of Alpha Flight at one point too.

The current iteration of Alpha Flight (in volume 3, currently on sale, go pick up the latest issues!)

Major Mapleleaf (whose father fought with the Invaders and was known as Major Mapleleaf as well)
Puck (the original's daughter)
Nemesis
Yukon Jack
Centennial

Deadpool also has ties to Canada, as he got his powers from Weapon X, and they were based in Canada at the time.

And Sammy, "Squidboy" who appears in the X-Men books currently.

That's all that I can think of.

FeceMan
I quote from the glorified dialogue of Peter Griffin:

"Canada sucks."

chrissyg
canada doesn't suck canada is the 2nd best country in the world i don't like to say it becuz im canadian but america is probally the greatest then canada

chrissyg
o and thanks for the info on the superhero stuff

FeceMan
It was a joke. Ha. Ha. Go watch some Family Guy.

Beyonder
Omega Red is Canadian? I thought he was Russian.

Magee
lol chrissyg, Canada the 2nd best country in the world? Best at what? I cant think of anything good thats came out of Canada except Tom Green lol thats it, Tom Green, well done Canada roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyway.... I think all the canadian heros have been mentioned, is sabretooth canadian?

chrissyg
well i bet u america wouldn't have won all the wars they won without canada am i right canada helped them to victory in WW1 and WW2 and the other wars america got them self into were useless so canada never helped them out and canada is just like america they got all the same stuff i have been to florida and all the new england states and to me its all the same exept for in winter

badsymbiote
Omega Red is Russian--and there is nothing wrong with Canada. Now, I'll be singing the Canadian Anthem all day. And Vindicator is my favorite super-sexy Canadian super-hero. Yummy. Love that maple leaf.

Magee
I never said there was anything wrong with Canada just i dont agree with the statement, "canada doesn't suck canada is the 2nd best country in the world." I can think of countries (in my opinion) wich i think would be a better place to live in or visit than Canada.

chrissyg
is omega red in the x-men series or wat?
that be kool if they started comics about canadian superheros and it had Captain Canuck,Northguard,Vindicator,Northen Lights,Deadpool

Maelstrom
You'd like the new Alpha Flight. Theres Sasquatch, he is a neanderthal ape man who can lift like 90 tons. There's an old black man who can fly and is strong. A dead girl who has some evil fighting skills. A wood god who is kinda interesting. A mounted police superstrong geeky guy. and a couple others.

chrissyg
who makes them?

Beyonder
Marvel Comics makes Alpha Flight.

manjaro
omega red is russuan.hence the red in is name and the fact that he refers to everyone as comrade

ScarletSpider
Nuh-uh! Canada's primary export is Rush. No one can deny the power trio from the Great White North. *commence 8 minute Neal Pert drum solo*

chrissyg
USA and Canada are the 2 most powerfull countries in the world then Russia

ScarletSpider
Not to bash Canada or anything, but they kind of just hang out. I don't remember hearing the last time they did anything really super great. Just a few months ago China became the 3rd nation to send a man into space, they're really gearing up as a World power.

Individually, most European nations are weak. Many are land locked and resources are scarce and are often relegated to 2nd tier nation status. There is nothing wrong with that though, it's not saying they have worse living conditions, in fact by majority they are healthier than the U.S. it's just that they can't make as many nukes as us. Together, the European Union could easily kick the U.S.'s ass, and that's where their power has come from, banding together and pooling resources, which, to touch upon the earlier theme, is leading to some great advances in rocket technology, and they hope to be space worthy in a few years.

Russia has still remained powerful, although their technology has fallen to the backwaters, and their economy is still stumbling like a drunken whore, even worse so than the U.S.'s current sad state of affairs.

Canada's cool, but they won't be making and plots for world domination.

Gregory
Unless I'm very much mistaken, Canada joined both the Great War and WWII before America, so it would be more accurate to say that we were helping you out, not the other way around. As for our other wars, check this out. Also, this.

But hey, I like Canada. If the Religious Right ever succeeds in taking over America, that's where I'm planning to flee to.

Sort of on subject, I thought this page was interesting.

ScarletSpider
Yup, but

Major Mapleleaf owns Captain America.

chrissyg
here are my favourite canadian superheroes not in order

name:Captain Canuck
powersmesseduper strength and Super speed

name:Captain Canada
powers:armour can fly into outer space and he can survive in space,suit has lasers,suit can build force feild,suit can make him go invisible,suit can creat double holograms,he can walk threw walls,has telepathic abilities

name:Northguard
powers:shooting powerful bolts of energey threw his arms,or releasing them with his touch to deliver powerful shocks to those he makes contact with,he can use energy to blind people,can create a force feild,can climb buildings,he can also teleport

name:Northern Lights
powers:he can become invisible,fly,telepathic abilities,super strength,and emit a bright burst of light at will

name:Guardian
powers:im not totally sure

those are my top 5 canadian superheroes they could kick anybodys ass you people try to pick 5 people that could take them on

ScarletSpider
Iron Man
Joseph (Magneto clone) - since Guardian uses his battle suit to manipulate parts of the electromagnetic spectrum, I'll let a natural pro rip him a new one.
Cable
Fantomex - just because the E.V.A. idea is mega-super-awesome badass.
Mike Patton - he'll just shatter their eardrums with his ultra rock POWER.
Faith No More, kiddies. Faith No More. And Mr. Bungle, Fantomas, Tomahawk etc. etc.

They should be able to take apart your Yukon themed task force.

In the words of Crusher Creel "Haw-haw!"

chrissyg
no they couldn't nothren light could just go invisible

ScarletSpider
In which case, Iron Man can scan for him using thermal signatures, or Cable could locate him by using telepathy.

Gregory
So, basically, the Canadian Manhunter?

chrissyg
well northern light could his his telepathical powers to confuse cable and captain canuck could keep ironman busy so he couldn't scan and do u think captain america could beat any of the canadian guys i said?

ScarletSpider
Probably not, Captain Canuck or Guardian if any.

chrissyg
i think captain canuck is the worst but i don't even know guardians powers but who do u think is the best canadian super hero i said?

FeceMan
Canada actually did do something helpful in WWI: they held the line against advancing German forces while under assault by ground troops and chlorine gas.

In all sincerity, bravo.

Gregory
Five superheroes? Let me think...

Superman (to check Captain Canuck; has super strength and speed and other powers besides)

Martian Manhunter (to check Northern Lights; shares most of the powers listed, and has other powerful abilities, like the ability to go intangiable)

Green Lantern (to check North Guard; Green Lantern's ring will protect him from energy blasts and create forcefields, like North Guard can; he can't teleport, but the ability to do pretty much anything he can immagine rather makes up for that, I feel.

I don't know anybody who matches Captain Canada power for power the way my other picks do, but I'm going with Iron Man, since he does duplicate a lot of Canada's abilities, and several of his other abilities (invisibility, holograms) wouldn't fool Iron Man's sensors.

I don't know anything about Guardian, so I'd tend to just throw one of the remaining big guns at him; Big Barda, maybe (or, if we can mix villians with heroes, Magneto would be an obvious choice).

Beyonder
ScarletSpider
Individually, most European nations are weak. Many are land locked and resources are scarce and are often relegated to 2nd tier nation status. There is nothing wrong with that though, it's not saying they have worse living conditions, in fact by majority they are healthier than the U.S. it's just that they can't make as many nukes as us. Together, the European Union could easily kick the U.S.'s ass, and that's where their power has come from, banding together and pooling resources, which, to touch upon the earlier theme, is leading to some great advances in rocket technology, and they hope to be space worthy in a few years.

Kicking the United States' ass? Are you taking economically or militarally? If it's militarally then no. The United States nuke most of Europe from the air, land, or sea. What's Europe got huh? America has weapons such as the Trident Submarine - the best sub in the world which has about 20 silos to launch nukes from. We got handfuls of Air Craftcarriers to project power. In a military war, the European Union would get trashed.

Here's a site with some U.S. military weaponry:
http://www.nuclearfiles.org/redataandgraphs/inventory-us.html

Magee
wow, stereotypical american roll eyes (sarcastic)

chrissyg
who do you think well win
Captain Canuck Wolverine
Captain Canada Storm
Northguard Cyclopse
Northern Lights Nightcrawler
Guardian Iceman

not each one of them facing eachother but overall i think Canada takes it

Magee
umm... no

chrissyg
ya those Canadians would win that fight

Magee
Yea those canadans win over any suprhros in the world!1!1!!11!!!!!1

Alpha Centauri
How proud we should be of our countries ability to kill huge amounts of people.

Not to diss Canada coz I have family there and have been there myself. But it is a very conservative country from my experience. Too "by the book" for my taste.

Let's not forget they gave us Avril Lavigne.

-AC

Magee
lol avril lavigne wink

Alpha Centauri
Detrimental to the reputation. Let it be known I don't like her at all.

-AC

Manowar
since marijuana is legal there, all their politicians are 420'd so thats why they let people like Avril Lavigne LIVE

Alpha Centauri
Gotta love the quote in The Simpsons:

"We're the sons of England, America. We may not be as classy or as cultured as England, or as clean-cut as our goodie two shoes brother Canada, who by the way has never had a girlfriend."

-AC

chrissyg
did u say that marijuana is legal in Canada?well its not its legal in Mexico but not Canada i don't know wat your thinking

FeceMan
He's probably just inferring that Mary Jane is legal due to the...substance and quality of your posts.

chrissyg
feceman your really good at being an ******* arent u

Jason Wyngarde
no need to cuss it shows how mature you are.

Alpha Centauri
Dissing of that nature gives him the mental age of about 14. In which case he's still older than you by a year to my understanding.

-AC

Beyonder
Magee

wow, stereotypical american laughing

So I shouldn't be proud of my own country? roll eyes (sarcastic) It's called nationalism/patriotism, what's wrong with that. And it is the truth.

Alpha Centauri

How proud we should be of our countries ability to kill huge amounts of people.

Very proud actually. Happy Dance In all honesty, I was making an argument that the US wouldn't lose in a war against the European Union. And additionally, America could have taken over any country it wanted during 1945-1950 when it was the only country that had nukes. Unlike Germany, Japan, or the U.S.S.R., the United States didn't annex any part of the world when it had the power to do so. So yes I'm proud. America is far from perfect, but it's still the greatest country in the world.

Where were the Europeans when the Serbs started ethnic cleansing of the Muslims in the Balkins? This was happening adjacent to them, right freaken across the border from them and what did they do to stop this? roll eyes (sarcastic) It was America - thousands of miles from across the Atlantic - that intervened to stop this " huge amounts of people."

Every time conflict starts up in the world, most of the world want America to step up to the plate first and send our troops and money to solve the crisis, and then these countries *MIGHT* assist America. mad

ScarletSpider

Jason Wyngarde
wolverine is the best

Alpha Centauri
"It's called nationalism/patriotism, what's wrong with that. "

Everything. It's land. You can't help where you're born so why be supremely proud of it.

-AC

Beyonder

Manowar
bottom line: America kicks ass! and Canada doesnt!

ScarletSpider
I'm not saying there are anything wrong with the ideals. Democracy and equal representation are very important, but it's the actions behind the ideals that rend some of our "superiority" moot.

Militarily we are the foremost authority. Economically, we depend a lot on outside producers. When was the last time you bought anything with "Made In USA" on it? If they just quit sending stuff to us, we'd be in trouble with our economy.

Morally... that is debatable. There is no universal moral standpoint. But remember the U2 spy plane incident with the U.S.S.R.? "We're not spying on you!" But lo and behold, they rig a one chance aircraft up, overload it with fuel and send it straight up. They risked lives, and lost one, to prove we're backstabbers. We're not the moral superiors of the world. No one is. I'm done with this. America isn't perfect, but it's pretty good. In MY opinion, it's not THE BEST, but it could be a lot worse.

Alpha Centauri
"it's the ideals of America that I love."

Hahahaha. Possibly the most hilarious comment ever.

Bill Hicks said it best when he said America spent so many years trying to trick people into believing there were all these evil forces out there but when it came right down to it, America was and is the biggest evil force there is.

Let's not go calling America the greatest country Beyonder. Let's actually be realistic and look at the country itself. A country that over the past years has been more of a backstabber and liar than any other. Saying that it's the greatest country overall is stupid.

"Currently, we are the greatest nation in the world."

Tell that to the people who lost husbands, dads, sons, brothers, cousins and nephews in your "greatest nation's" wild goose chase of a fake war on "terror". See how they feel about calling your country with it's overbearing, war-hungry, immoral nature and it's insane bloodlusting leaders, the greatest nation in the world. The land of the free where you're so free that you don't get a choice in whether you want to go fight in a war or not. A nation that so badly wants to be the protector of the world yet continually makes it worse by feeding it's money hungry belly by selling weapons to other nations that are meagre and hundreds of thousands of miles away, that can't actually hurt them at all and then convincing you how evil they are because they own those weapons. A nation who's leader was running around making back alley treaties and deals with the so-called enemy, flying them around the states in first class in return for certains things, days before the tragic Twin Towers events, then had the gaul to put personal gain before the protection of thousands of innocent people.

Greatest nation? America alone is the closest thing to Hell on Earth you can possibly get.

When your own national anthem starts becoming a contradiction, greatest nation claims go out the window.

-AC

Jason Wyngarde
well at least canada doesnt have bush

Hostile
APPLAUSE.

Beyonder
ScarletSpider

Militarily we are the foremost authority. Economically, we depend a lot on outside producers. When was the last time you bought anything with "Made In USA" on it? If they just quit sending stuff to us, we'd be in trouble with our economy.

Regarding economics, I disagree. It's not that we can't produce things but that other countries make things CHEAPER. That's why most jobs are being sent over seas, labor overseas is much cheap.

For instance: Nike
In 1974, a pair of Nike shoes cost $2.50 to make in America. It only cost $29.95.

Currently, a pair of Nike shoes cost $ .20 to be made in China. It now cost $80 - $100.

Nike and many other companies establish factories over seas for cheap labor and export these products back to America. Thus this is why you find products with mostly foreign names as the origin of production. Furthermore, America allows many countries to import their goods here. American consumers really don't care where it comes from as long as it's what we like and that it's cheap we'll buy it. Look at Japan, people there try to buy mostly Japanese made products to keep their money in Japan as oppose to foreign country. They even try to limit the amount of foreign goods imported, choosing to promote Japanese goods instead. Most other countries do this as well, it just that we Americans really don't care where it comes from.

If we were to limit this intake of import and ban any company (such as Nike) from selling their products in America unless the made their products in America (providing jobs for the American people), then America wouldn't even be matched. However, companies like Nike and also foreign countries pay American lobbyists to fight against any law/ban of such a thing. Ironically, you can't say the same about other countries. Try paying a lobbyist of another country to go to their government and lobby for any laws and you'll get nowhere. Only in America can a foreign country, company, etc. play in the political arena and try at their chance to get at changing anything.

Jason Wyngarde
nike sucks

Beyonder
Alpha Centauri

"it's the ideals of America that I love."

Hahahaha. Possibly the most hilarious comment ever.

Bill Hicks said it best when he said America spent so many years trying to trick people into believing there were all these evil forces out there but when it came right down to it, America was and is the biggest evil force there is.

Let's not go calling America the greatest country Beyonder. Let's actually be realistic and look at the country itself. A country that over the past years has been more of a backstabber and liar than any other. Saying that it's the greatest country overall is stupid.

"Currently, we are the greatest nation in the world."

Tell that to the people who lost husbands, dads, sons, brothers, cousins and nephews in your "greatest nation's" wild goose chase of a fake war on "terror". See how they feel about calling your country with it's overbearing, war-hungry, immoral nature and it's insane bloodlusting leaders, the greatest nation in the world. The land of the free where you're so free that you don't get a choice in whether you want to go fight in a war or not. A nation that so badly wants to be the protector of the world yet continually makes it worse by feeding it's money hungry belly by selling weapons to other nations that are meagre and hundreds of thousands of miles away, that can't actually hurt them at all and then convincing you how evil they are because they own those weapons. A nation who's leader was running around making back alley treaties and deals with the so-called enemy, flying them around the states in first class in return for certains things, days before the tragic Twin Towers events, then had the gaul to put personal gain before the protection of thousands of innocent people.

Greatest nation? America alone is the closest thing to Hell on Earth you can possibly get.

When your own national anthem starts becoming a contradiction, greatest nation claims go out the window.

WTF? So your blaming America itself because an individual or small group of people made false claims. If everyone knew that the intellengence was false, the ENTIRE nation would have not allowed a war. If you were to ask people before America went to war with Iraq whether or not Iraq had nukes, I'll bet you the majority would say mostlikely yes. Before the war, no one new 100% that Saddam didn't have nukes; now we know for sure that he doesn't. Don't slander us and point to casualties of war because if the people knew then we won't have gone to war in the first place. And people die in wars, look at all the casualties of Germans, Japanese, Italians, etc in WWII. They were the aggressors but it doesn't mean that their citizens deserved what they did.

As for America being the closest thing to Hell on Earth, then I guess we're not so bad because we did spend billions of dollars working to rebuild most of Europe and Japan after the war. Europe and Japan were both somewhat (not all) imperialist before the war but look at them now. Japan, Germany, Italy, etc. are among the richest countries in the world, operating in a democratic system (modeled after the U.S./Hell on Earth as you call it). Japanese were still living in wooden houses during the WWII, but the reconstruction took them into more modern structures with that of the modern world.

Take a look at North and South Korea. North Korea is in shambles economically, one of the most impoverish nation in the world due to their system of communism. South Korea (still guarded at the 38th parallel by American troops from North Korea) is a wealthy nation that was assisted by America.

Don't mock me about this when you yourself don't know shit about this.

Jason Wyngarde
i thought there was a ban on political threads.

Alpha Centauri
"If everyone knew that the intellengence was false, the ENTIRE nation would have not allowed a war. If you were to ask people before America went to war with Iraq whether or not Iraq had nukes, I'll bet you the majority would say mostlikely yes. Before the war, no one new 100% that Saddam didn't have nukes; now we know for sure that he doesn't. Don't slander us and point to casualties of war because if the people knew then we won't have gone to war in the first place."

A) If everyone was unsure then they should have opened their eyes and learned before opening their mouthes and being all gung-ho about taking out someone who they were just being told was a threat.

B) No one knew for sure Saddam didn't have nukes. No one knew for sure that he did, but they went ahead anyway with believing it and going in there. Chances are the powers that be knew he didn't, but the public of America as always in these situations, needed so little reason to give their approval. Only until now are people seeing it was bullshit. Call me crazy but I think it's too late. Yeah Saddam is out of power but at what cost?

America helped rebuild, yeah. But at the price of getting what they want, when they want it, from every country they help. Coz America is a no gain, no give country.

You're an admitted patriot, so before you claim I don't know anything, take a look at the country you're protecting.

-AC

FeceMan
Why did this become political in nature? We're talking about Canadian superheroes, not which country is better.

ScarletSpider
Someone had to compare Canada to U.S. in terms of real world politics and issues. And I had to rant. And it goes downhill from there.

FeceMan
^ Well, that answers my question...

Allow me to end this pointless discussion by saying this:

Though Canada is not as powerful as the United States, both countries have their pros and cons, often similar in nature, and so are equally suitable to live in. Neither one has "something" that makes it or its citizens better or worse than the other's.

THE END. No more responses about "such-and-such did this", "but this particular country has a better history", or anything along the lines that could be construed as an inflammatory comment in the realm of politics, real-world issues, or members of the board.

chrissyg
i think Captain Canada is the best Canadian Superhero

Magee
The thing is the USA waged war on terrorism/Iraq because there was a minor chance that they were in possesion of nuclear bombs or chemical weapons. So using the same logic the US used should the world go to war with them because as u say beyonder "they have the most nuces in the world." Screw that lets just have a world war to try and get rid of every country with them.

Because the way i see it is America is just as likely, if not more in my opinion do use nuces on any country. I mean at the end of the day what country is gonna stand up to the US? Maybe if it was Russia but any other country's pretty much dun for if America decides they dont like em.

Im not realy gifted at the whole speaking stuff and my knowledge is limited as im 14yrs old wink But thats my take on it.

FeceMan
Hey, Magee?

STFU.

Jason Wyngarde
alright anyway uh i like the alpha flight dudes

Beyonder
Alpha Centauri

A) If everyone was unsure then they should have opened their eyes and learned before opening their mouthes and being all gung-ho about taking out someone who they were just being told was a threat.

1] What do you mean opened their eyes? The United Nations' weapons inspectors were lead in circles by Saddam. Inspectors were always held for a time before they could inspect the factories or any where they wanted to inspect - this isn't how weapons inspection works. Some inspections at certain facilities were not even allowed. This went on for about 10 YEARS. Damn, weapons inspection went on again BEFORE any attack started. If Saddam cooperated fully with *U.N.* weapons inspectors than there would be NO WAR. He agreed and then in March 2003 he didn't complied with some of the demands - trying to lead the inspectors in circles again/not fully cooperating. Bush was tired of this - ten years of this, even when given a chance to redeem himself (Saddam) - and so the war began. THERE WAS NO GUNG-HO ANYTHING!

B) No one knew for sure Saddam didn't have nukes. No one knew for sure that he did, but they went ahead anyway with believing it and going in there. Chances are the powers that be knew he didn't, but the public of America as always in these situations, needed so little reason to give their approval. Only until now are people seeing it was bullshit. Call me crazy but I think it's too late. Yeah Saddam is out of power but at what cost?

Chances are? So little reason?
- Little reasons like Saddam's uncooperation with U.N. weapons inspector for 10 YEARS!?
- Little reasons like the fact that he hated America & wanted nukes to threaten us & his neighboring countries?
- Little reason's like invading Kuwait (neighboring country) & like using chemical weapons (like Sarine Gas) on HIS OWN people (different ethnic groups)?
- Little reasons like the chemical weapons he used on the Iranian people (neighboring country) during the Iran/Iraq War?
- Little reasons like the fact that he's a tyrant - cruel to his own people and a threat to the international community?

America helped rebuild, yeah. But at the price of getting what they want, when they want it, from every country they help. Coz America is a no gain, no give country.

At what price? Try $100 BILLION U.S. TAX PAYER MONEY just for starters: that's the amount currently for rebuilding Iraq. And even more moneys needed later.

No give? Where were the Europeans when there was genocide of the Muslim population by the Serbs (Christian) in the Balkins/Bosnia in 1999? Did these rich countries even lifted a finger to help their neighbors, their fellow humans? WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY!?

America - from across the FREAKEN ATLANTIC - was the country that intervened - thus stopping the massacre from continuing. And what did we - the United States of America - gain from the Balkins? Oil? Gold? Valuable resources? NADA! That's what we got. There wasn't anything valuable to gain - we went their with the intent to STOP THE GENOCIDE OF ONE GROUP BY ANOTHER! Again, where were the rich Europeans when this happened - those o so great Europeans. Those Europeans who America saved during WWI & WWII and now are criticizing America for wanting to protect itself from global threats.

You're an admitted patriot, so before you claim I don't know anything, take a look at the country you're protecting.

I did. It's not perfect (no country is), but it's still the best country in the world. And before you try to say anything else, America went to war against the government of Iraq & Saddam, not it's citizens. Yes there's thousands of Iraqi's dead, but you think Saddam was a merciful leader? This guy killed hundred thousands of his people through genocide & stole billions of oil revenue from the country, Iraq was worse under Saddam.

Magee

The thing is the USA waged war on terrorism/Iraq because there was a minor chance that they were in possesion of nuclear bombs or chemical weapons. So using the same logic the US used should the world go to war with them because as u say beyonder "they have the most nuces in the world." Screw that lets just have a world war to try and get rid of every country with them.

Russia, China, Great Britain, France, India, Pakastan, Israel all have nukes. Do you see America going after any of them just cause they have them? Why? Because they pose no threat to other countries.

North Korea & possibly Iran have them. America's going after them if possible 'cause they're radical and would use them. Hell, North Korea launched a missile (not containing nuke warhead) over Japan just to show Japan and the world that they can hit Japan & isn't affraid to use it. North Korea hates the United States and has threaten its neighbor South Korea.

Because the way i see it is America is just as likely, if not more in my opinion do use nuces on any country. I mean at the end of the day what country is gonna stand up to the US? Maybe if it was Russia but any other country's pretty much dun for if America decides they dont like em.

There's a handful of countries that have nukes, but we DON'T go around bullying other countries, threatening them with nukes if we don't get what we want. These countries are the RESPONSIBLES, countries like North Korea or Iraq (if they had it) aren't.

Manowar
i cant wait until VENOMfan closes this thread (if he does)

Beyonder
Manowar

i cant wait until VENOMfan closes this thread (if he does)

...is it 'cause I'm winning? big grin I don't get into political debates that much - but this is an exception. And yes I do know this is a forum for comics, but sometimes things need to be said. wink

FeceMan
Shut. The. ****. Up. Stop arguing. Personally, I love debating things, especially politics, but this really needs to stop before the thread IS closed.

chrissyg
ok manowar if u want this thread closed then don't talk in it and ya the alpha flight is awesome my favourite in the alpha flight is guardian and northstar

Creechuur
Alpha Flight was dope back in the day. I'll never forget Guardian's death scene...the panels drawn in the shape of numbers, counting down the time to his death. And then his wife (Vindicator) walks in and they make eye contact just as he's about to die. That was so harsh. Even as beastly little pre-teen I understood the pain of that scene.

ScarletSpider
Greatest Canadian superhero? GEDDY LEE!!!!!!!

Jason Wyngarde
athf is awesome

Alpha Centauri
"1] What do you mean opened their eyes? The United Nations' weapons inspectors were lead in circles by Saddam. Inspectors were always held for a time before they could inspect the factories or any where they wanted to inspect - this isn't how weapons inspection works. Some inspections at certain facilities were not even allowed. This went on for about 10 YEARS. Damn, weapons inspection went on again BEFORE any attack started. If Saddam cooperated fully with *U.N.* weapons inspectors than there would be NO WAR. He agreed and then in March 2003 he didn't complied with some of the demands - trying to lead the inspectors in circles again/not fully cooperating. Bush was tired of this - ten years of this, even when given a chance to redeem himself (Saddam) - and so the war began. THERE WAS NO GUNG-HO ANYTHING!"

Firstly, Saddam lead them in circles when there were only arranged inspections. After the inspectors started arriving unannounced and still found no WMDs the Bush administration didn't like it so once again they started linking them to Al Qaida and insisting that somewhere there MUST be WMDs. So they spent millions on this campaign, people lost lives. Innocents on both sides. For nothing. Well, not totally nothing, Saddam is out of power and yes he flaunted international laws for quite some time but it wasn't a new thing, they waited long enough to act.

"Chances are? So little reason?
- Little reasons like Saddam's uncooperation with U.N. weapons inspector for 10 YEARS!?
- Little reasons like the fact that he hated America & wanted nukes to threaten us & his neighboring countries?
- Little reason's like invading Kuwait (neighboring country) & like using chemical weapons (like Sarine Gas) on HIS OWN people (different ethnic groups)?
- Little reasons like the chemical weapons he used on the Iranian people (neighboring country) during the Iran/Iraq War?
- Little reasons like the fact that he's a tyrant - cruel to his own people and a threat to the international community?"

-Yeah it was happening for 10 years. They could have ended it during the Gulf "War". They didn't for their own personal gain and Saddam continued his ways. Why has it taken so long to go back? Get all you need and then when Iraq have nothing left to give to you, it means they are eraseable?

-He never hated America. He hated the administration. I hate the administration. Are the US Army coming after me? Wanting Nukes, when weighed against the possibility of him getting them is totally different.

-What he was doing to his own people was filthy but the stuff he was using for the most part, were supplied by the US. Besides he was doing it for as you said, over 10 years. What stopped the US from kkilling him when they had the chance if they KNEW he'd do it again? Or did Saddam say "Sorry" and the US believe him? He invaded Kuwait because they started arming themselves with tanks and progressing into the Iraq/Kuwait border. Tanks coincidentally supplied by George Bush.

-See Above.

-Threat to the international community? Ha. America is a floating iron fortress compared to Iraq. Iraq are a threat to no one. The only time they posed a tiny thread was when they kept getting armed by America.

"At what price? Try $100 BILLION U.S. TAX PAYER MONEY just for starters: that's the amount currently for rebuilding Iraq. And even more moneys needed later.

No give? Where were the Europeans when there was genocide of the Muslim population by the Serbs (Christian) in the Balkins/Bosnia in 1999? Did these rich countries even lifted a finger to help their neighbors, their fellow humans? WHERE THE HELL WERE THEY!?

America - from across the FREAKEN ATLANTIC - was the country that intervened - thus stopping the massacre from continuing. And what did we - the United States of America - gain from the Balkins? Oil? Gold? Valuable resources? NADA! That's what we got. There wasn't anything valuable to gain - we went their with the intent to STOP THE GENOCIDE OF ONE GROUP BY ANOTHER! Again, where were the rich Europeans when this happened - those o so great Europeans. Those Europeans who America saved during WWI & WWII and now are criticizing America for wanting to protect itself from global threats."

If you want proof that the US are a give-to-receive country you need only look at Africa. Potentially the richest place on the planet and the only reason it isn't is because of America. Gives a little then takes alot. You think if America seriously helped another country, and got nothing in return, that they would do so again? No way. Bush wanted to win the industrial vote when he sold 140 fighter jets to Korea now Korea are biting them on the ass saying "Give us money or we'll attack" in some way shape or form. So America proceeded to pretend they are some incredible threat. Then again even America aren't as stupid to go in and attack North Korea.

"I did. It's not perfect (no country is), but it's still the best country in the world. And before you try to say anything else, America went to war against the government of Iraq & Saddam, not it's citizens. Yes there's thousands of Iraqi's dead, but you think Saddam was a merciful leader? This guy killed hundred thousands of his people through genocide & stole billions of oil revenue from the country, Iraq was worse under Saddam. "

It's not the greatest country. You say Saddam killed many through genocide. So did Bush. Either way you look at it, this "war" has been such a farce that even the good that has come of it has been semi-cancelled out.

"Russia, China, Great Britain, France, India, Pakastan, Israel all have nukes. Do you see America going after any of them just cause they have them? Why? Because they pose no threat to other countries. "

But...but by your logic, Iraq were a threat coz they could have had Nukes. We have them and we're no threat? The funny thing is, Saddam would never have used them coz he can't wipe USA off the map can he? If he nuked a part of the US then Iraq would cease to exist the next morning.

-AC

Jason Wyngarde
man the kmc forums are like cnn nowadays

Gregory
We need VenomFan; I'll bet he'd have put an end to this long ago.

chrissyg
wats wrong with u gregory wats wrong with talking about canadian superheros

Jason Wyngarde
it has turned into a damn newspaper thats whats wrong with it.

Alpha Centauri
Ok I'm ending it on my part. Whatever Beyonder wishes to say he can continue with me via PM or General Discussion forum.

-AC

chrissyg
there should be a section just for it that would be kool

Gregory
For what?

chrissyg
political stuff like we were talking about

Gregory
Unfortunately, Raz doesn't like people discussing politics here. It used to be okay, but it apparently (this is before my time) caused a lot of bad feeling.

LIZARDRULZ
Captain America

chrissyg
lizardrules captain america sucks he has no powers or abilities

FeceMan
I always absolutely hated Omega Red just because he was a prick, but is powers are pretty cool smile.

Beyonder
Alpha Centauri

Ok I'm ending it on my part. Whatever Beyonder wishes to say he can continue with me via PM or General Discussion forum.

It's on General Discussions now:
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=2058976#post2058976

silver_tears
Superman is originally drawn by a Canadian yes

badsymbiote
Wow, I didn't know that. O, Canada!

ScarletSpider
Supes was created by a couple Jewish immigrants too. Quite the history, really.

Fire
BACK ON TOPIC

chrissyg
ya superman was created by a canadian but hes not canadian

Magee
You dont need to repeat whats already been said roll eyes (sarcastic)

§nakehead
1# you cant insult gays that hit on ya

2# caffine is illeagal

Magee
laughing

chrissyg
what?

Magee
oh nvm...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.