Sam Raimi Confirms There Will Be Two Villains In Spider-man 3!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Was watching 'The Return of Spider-Man' this afternoon, a program about the UK premiere of Spidey 2 and behind the scenes, interviews with cast etc.

Just something small, but they stopped Sam Raimi on the red carpet and said: "We've heard you've got two villains lined up for the next one. Can you confirm this?". Sam said: "Yes." But wouldn't say which ones.

UPDATE: Scooper 'Big Wheel' has an update on what Raimi actually said (includes a Spidey 2 spoiler)...

I saw that Sam Raimi bit on the UK show The Return of Spider-Man. In fact Raimi said yes - then very quickly no! He Joked it off by saying that yes, he COULDN'T confirm that there would be two villians in SpiderMan 3. As clear as mud then! But given that two potential villians were introduced in Spider-Man 2 - The Lizard and Harry as Green Goblin II - I reckon Raimi was telling the truth with his first answer!

SOURCE: Superherohype

Elektra_lover
Um that belongs in the Spider-man fourm

TheFilmProphet
Last time I checked this was a Comic Book Movies Discussion and Spider-Man is a omic book movie.

TheFilmProphet
It might be Black Cat in Spider-Man 3 since she was originally in the Spider-Man 2 script.

Elektra_lover
well notice how spider-man has his own fourm?

TheFilmProphet
Notice how they talk about all the comic book movies here?

Elektra_lover
W/E Mods close this thread
P.S. notice how u made another thread in the Spider-man thread

Evolution
the lizard and green goblin II!! man sam rami is doing good work for a director.

my question is how the heck is a story gona take place with 2 diffrent villians?

Kontraz
its not going to be the lizzard. Everybody keeps saying it will be, but everything i've seen points to electro, which was actually planned as the first villain. Goblin II seems obvious, and seeing as he's mentioned electro a few times before AND after spidey II, im guessing its that pair

Arachnoidfreak
Who the hell are you to tell mods to close the thread? Guess what, Spiderman was a comic, that now has a movie. It can be in this forum.

ragesRemorse
yeah, raimi did say that electro was planned to be a villain in spiderman two. I think spiderman 3 would be far to soon for green goblin. It really is. we got the point from the first. lets see some actuall kick ass villains. Dont get me wrong green goblin is one of the baddest ass villians but only as norman.

Magee
The Lizard? lol Stan Lee had a bigger role in Spiderman 2 than Dr. Conners. Suppose they were just introducing the character. But why cant they have some random villian? I mean its not like otto octavious was even mentioned in the first Spiderman movie.

Spawnie
That is true, I never heard the name Octavious in the first movie, and I thought that the doctor was always there with the experiments for that drug that actually made the Green Goblin. I hope they lose that Power Ranger look!

ragesRemorse
well what else did you expect, some guy in a rubber mask and rag tag clothing? thats not exactly the definition of threatning.

FeceMan
I want the Lizard...and then Green Goblin II, which I'm not particularly fond of.

norrin radd

wuTa
i want to see the lizard in this film just like eveyone else...it would seem like he's the next villian considerin how they've been buildin on the conners charactor but like posted above they doesnt necessarly mean he's the next villian....if they dont go the lizard route i think its possible to throw in the hob goblin...thats an easy charactor to create and doesnt really need any building....plus if they have the hobgoblin with gg2 it would confuse parker coz dont u think right off the bat that he would suspect harry as the other green goblin hobby could help conceal harry's identy for some of the flick...but i'm really pullin for the lizard in the next film...i think pretty much everyone would rather see lizard and gg2 than hobby and gg2

TheFilmProphet
Who the hell are you to tell mods to close the thread? Guess what, Spiderman was a comic, that now has a movie. It can be in this forum.

Thanks for making that clear to him. Anyway I would much rather see Venom in Spider-Man 3 than the Lizard but I don't think it will happen and if it does Jameson would probly be Venom not Brock cause he hasn't been in Spidey 1 or 2.

Linkalicious
It'd be nice if they did something like introduce the lizard in #3, and then develop some sort of Gwen Stacy-esque relationship for Peter...only to have the GG2 or Hob Goblin kill her off.

The closer line they walk to the comic book....the better.

Manowar
hey what if in the third movie, JJJ just keeps getting madder and madder at Spider-Man until he manifests his anger into the Scorpion? that would be rad to have the Scorpion! can you imagine how dope he could look?

chrissyg
scorpian wont be in it or he wouldn't have been in spiderman 1 the game

Manowar
who cares if he was in the game or not??? what reason would they have NOT to put in in the third movie?

chrissyg
becuz hes not as famous as venom,the lizard,shocker or electro

Manowar
hes WAAAAAAAY more famous than Shocker!!! do you know- o no wait you DONT!

chrissyg
wat do u mean do u know?well hes more famous then shocker but not the other ones

Stealth Agent
They should just do Lizard and Goblin II. They have been building up for Lizard so i think they should. For 4 I think they should have a really badass villian like Venom. (Since 4 is probally gonna be the last movie if they get to it).

Mr Parker
Yeah they been saying all along they want to make a movie with the lizard in it and considering that he was introduced as DOC CONNORS in the first film and has an even bigger role in the 2nd film,I think its safe to say he will be in the 3rd film as well as THE LIZARD and recently they announced that harry as the green goblin will be in 3 as well so it will be those two it looks like.

Mr Parker
yeah thats what I said,like you just mentioned,they have been builiding up for THE LIZARD ever since the first film and they have already announced that HARRY AS THE GREEN GOBLIN will be in the 3rd film and they have said since the beginning that VENOM will be in the 4th so expect it to be like that.and I agree with you as well that they should stop after 4.

TheFilmProphet
Anyone think all of the cast and crew will stick around for a 4th movie?

moshtitan
i would imagine so..seeing as how well the films done.

TheFilmProphet
If the director stays and the actors are all payed good theres a chance everyone will.

Alpha Centauri
Well Maguire seems to love doing it as does Kirsten Dunst.

Not to mention the fact that they probably wont get a bigger paycheque than that of these movies for.....hmm....the rest of their lives.

-AC

SpiderGurl
From what I heard, Kirsten Dunst doesn't want to do more than 3 movies. Tobey's contract is only for 3 movies too. They might be paid well, but actors hate to be typecast.

TheFilmProphet
Sometimes after they have all the money they want or need actors and actress don't come back anymore. wink

LIZARDRULZ
Don't get me wrong my name is lizardrulz and I want to see lizard in spidey 3 but just because Connors was in 2 doesn't mean lizard will be in 3 John Jameson was in 2 and he is the Man-Wolf and I doubt Man-Wolf will be on 3 my choices would be Lizard and Rhino.

TheFilmProphet
The BBC has posted a new interview with Sam Raimi talking about both Spider-Man 2 and the May 4, 2007 Spider-Man 3. Here's clips on the third film...

You're currently at work on the script for Spider-Man 3...
I just finished this morning - I mean the basic story. I'd been working on it with my brother.

The sense you get towards the end of Spider-Man 2 is that Peter Parker and Harry Osborn will face off in the third. Is that a fair assumption?
Well I'm trying to... I can't tell you.

What can you tell us?
It's going to follow the natural progression of the growth of these two individuals, Mary Jane Watson and Peter Parker. It will be a love story and it will track the relationship as they encounter new conflicts that separate them. And hopefully their own will and love for each other will bring them back together in the piece. Harry will be a problem, but I'm not certain if Harry will become the Goblin or not. The thing I'm really not certain about is if he comes to feel, "Now I have the means to destroy Spider-Man - I was too weak before but now I have a way and I will become the man that my father always dreamed I could be." Or, does he feel: "Now I understand why Spider-Man had to destroy him, because he was a mass murderer and now my anger can drain away from me." It could be an answer to a question and it ends the pursuit, but I'm not certain which way to go.

SOURCE: Superherohype

morbius
i think its green goblin and lizard but i want to carnage venom morbius mysterio lizard rhino scorpion anyone of these

TheFilmProphet
Out of all of those the only who has the greatest chance is Venom he will most likely be introduced in the third film as a symbiote and Eddie Brock as a photographer and then a full blown Venom in Spider-Man 4.

morbius
cool

TheFilmProphet
Wouldn't it be great if Spider-Man 3 is released and we all go see it and then the movie is ending and right before it does we get to see John Jameson crash the spaceship on earth and the film ends with the symbiote leaking out the side of the spaceship big grin

jtkirkuk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.