Transformers Movie Being Made By Dreamworks And Steven Spielberg Directing?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheFilmProphet
Transformers in Disguise at DreamWorks? Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News Monday, July 19, 2004

Ain't-It-Cool-News is pointing to producer Don Murphy's official website about a "Major Announcement" that is supposed to take place at this week's Comic-Con regarding Transformers.

Last time I had checked, New Line and Dreamworks - and last I'd heard... it was pretty vicious, with both companies really really wanting it. So I decided to check back in with some sources that will talk. Word has it that New Line lost out to Dreamworks, which intends to further develop and make a live-action TRANSFORMER's movie. The word behind the scenes is that Hasbro was leaning towards New Line, till Dreamworks' 2 Billion Dollar Gorilla, Steven Spielberg got in a plane and flew out to Rhode Island to personally meet with Hasbro's team and to dangle the, if we have this, I may direct it, golden carrot. After which Hasbro agreed to Dreamworks getting the project.

Kontraz
first off... you probably need to put all that in quotes, seeing as you took it word for word from this site

http://www.aint-it-cool-news.com/display.cgi?id=17982

secondly... did i not JUST start a thread asking to put all TF stuff in there? I mean, it would make it easier to locate all the TF info/rumors rather than hunting through a sea of other threads.

ragesRemorse
yeah you did, and it was right there on the first page. I dont see spielberg taking on transformers, i mean it is plausible. I can see this as being his next, jurassic park, or jaws. However he has two other movies in the works, and is on board for indiana when the script gets finalized. where would he find the time?

TheFilmProphet
Besides Steven I don't realy see anyone else being able to pull this off.

Manowar
Transformers suck

Beyonder
Manowar shut the F#CK UP! mad You suck!

badsymbiote
How in the hell can you not like the Transformers? That just ain't right. You MUST be talkin' about Energon, or Beast Wars or some crap like that. G1 is where it's at.

ragesRemorse
yeah optimus rocks hard, soundwave too

Kontraz
Soundwave... cant get much better....

TheFilmProphet
Beast Wars wasn't that bad confused

SnakeEyes
i know, i liked that when it was on

Kontraz
as i said earlier, beastwars shouldnt even be considered transformers. A group of people in canada took the new set of toys and made up their own set of stuff....

TheFilmProphet
It was a nice alternative when they made Beast Wars but the spinoff for it after it was cancelled was truly horrible.

TheFilmProphet
DreamWorks & Paramount Team on Transformers Source: Hasbro, Inc. Friday, July 23, 2004

DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, in association with Hasbro, Inc., will develop a live-action, motion picture based on the globally popular Transformers franchise. Steven Spielberg will executive produce. The film is slated for release in the summer of 2006. Lorenzo di Bonaventura (Constantine), Don Murphy (The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen) and Tom DeSanto (X-Men and X2: X-Men United) are attached to produce.

DreamWorks Head of Production Adam Goodman stated, "Steven and everyone at DreamWorks are very excited about the prospect of expanding the world of 'Transformers' into the live-action feature film arena. The possibilities for a thrilling action adventure are virtually endless, and a film holds the definite promise of expanding an already worldwide fan base to new audiences."

"This is a tremendous franchise that offers us the opportunity to create an inventive and thrilling action-adventure film," said Donald De Line, Vice Chairman, Motion Picture Group and President of Paramount Pictures. "We're happy to work with our colleagues at DreamWorks to develop this project with Hasbro. There couldn't be a better team to bring the 'Transformers' to the big screen."

"We are truly fortunate to have the best talent in the entertainment industry on board for the 'Transformers' movie and are excited at the opportunities this powerful collaboration will bring to the property," said Brian Goldner, President of Hasbro's toys segment. "The 'Transformers' franchise has been successful in many entertainment arenas and we are thrilled to give millions of fans an extraordinary experience that's never been done in the history of the brand."

Hasbro will work with the production team, DreamWorks and Paramount on all aspects of the film's creative development, marketing, promotions and will manage merchandising in conjunction with the release of the film. Hasbro will also team up with Takara, who has been the co-developer of the Transformers brand since its beginning in the early 1980s.

"The 'Transformers' brand has always struck a chord with fans around the world and remains one of our strongest franchises since it was introduced 20 years ago," said Keita Satoh, President and Chief Executive Officer of Takara. "Together with Hasbro, DreamWorks and Paramount, we will bring the property to a new level for fans in the Japanese market, as well as around the world."

DreamWorks will distribute the film domestically, while Paramount will distribute internationally.

In 1984, the Transformers brand took the world by storm with its compelling saga of the "Robots in Disguise," and quickly became a childhood rite of passage with a tremendously successful toy line from Hasbro and Takara, comic book series, television program and animated feature film. Twenty years later, a new generation of kids has discovered the excitement of the Transformers brand and the legendary characters, such as Optimus Prime and Megatron, that truly are "more than meets the eye." Today, the franchise features a popular toy line, an animated series on Cartoon Network and a chart-topping comic book series from Dreamwave Productions, which sold two million Transformers comic books last year.

TheFilmProphet
You can check out this cool CGI model ofa transformer changing from a Mazda to a transformer here http://www.mazdausa.com/MusaWeb/NA_Autoshow/transform_big.html

Alpha Centauri
It's not gonna be a worthy movie man.

Never has every character had a massive fan base as it has in Transformers. No matter which ones they pick to put in, it will be torn apart.

I say do a Jaws remake. That's what I wanna see.

-AC

TheFilmProphet
Maybe Steven can get Stan Winston to do the costumes or animotronics and reinvent the way its all done just like Stan and Steven did with Jurrasisc Park.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.