What do you do when you get caught lying?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
YOU LIE! You lie, and lie again, until you finally dig yourself out. Yesterday my friends and I decided to go innertubing behind his waverunner. However, my mom who is extremely paranoid and overprotective as it is, especially hates water (probably since her mom's first husband drowned and they once thought my sister drowned when we were younger). I know how much she hates and urges against me just swimming in the water, so I figured I wouldn't chance not being allowed to go and I went without informing her. I told her I was going to watch a movie at my friend's house and I left and snuck out a pair of swim shorts. However, my friend f*cked up. He told me one meeting place while he meant another. I ended up waiting for an hour in this area (while pacing around since I had to shit), and he was curious why I didn't show. Eventually he showed up on his waverunner because he realized where he accidently told me where to go. He told me to meet him over by his house and when I went to my car, my mom pulled up right behind mine. I knew I was f*cked because this location wasn't where I said I'd be and I knew she wouldn't have came across it unless she got a phone call. It was obvious that she had just come from my friend's house looking for me and my car wasn't there but down the road. When she asked what I was up to, I decided that it was time to completely twist my story around because the truth that I just flat out lied to her, would get me in trouble for sure. So I told her that I went to my friend's house (when in reality he was at his boat house getting his waverunner), and we were going to watch a movie but we decided to go innertubing (I came clean about that since I figured she had to know something was going that I didn't tell her about). However, I made it sound like it was a last minute decision that I didn't know about when I told her we were watching a movie. She then told me "Thats odd, because Sergio called about 10 minutes ago and said you never showed up." I knew I was f*cked again. Time to come clean? No, just keep lying and digging yourself a hole. So I changed my story around a little bit. I told her that they decided to go innertubing after they called me and said movie but before I showed up. So in that case, I told her I showed up to there house and my friends weren't there but his parents were and they informed me that everybody decided to go innertubing and to sit tight while they drove to the boat house to get the waverunner. I also told her the reason he called saying I never showed, was because he thought that I was informed to go to the boat house and never did show when I was actually at his house (which I wasn't). From there I told her that he ended up calling his house and found out that I was there and told me to drive to where she had caught me. I thought I had gotten away with my story when she started to pull out and leave, but then, I realized that I was wearing swimming trunks and that she looked right at them with a 2nd glance. In my story, I had no idea that I was going to go innertubing yet I had my swimming trunks on me. SHIT! Of course, when she asked about this later when I got home, I told her that we were going to watch a movie but I was told to bring a swimming suit "just in case" we go swimming afterwards and I didn't inform her of this earlier because it wasn't for sure that we would go swimming and then we saw how nice the whether was for tubing. I pulled it off.

So todays lesson is: If you get caught lying, lie to cover your ass. You may feel like you are digging yourself a hole, but if you be persistant with your lies, your story will eventually make since and you will find yourself out of trouble (or as much trouble).

shellie
ok then , lesson well learned .

i think confused

Clovie
i don't lie roll eyes (sarcastic)

JToTheP
confused Uhhh ya? Lesson...learned?

I try to lie as little as possible, mostly exaggeration, I always worry lying will make my future worse then my present. roll eyes (sarcastic)

wuTa
i agree with all the way on your theory but i coulda told u that a long time ago.....when you lie youre already putin yourself on the line and if u get caught or think you got caught there is no point in comin clean cause you already lied so you need to committ to that lie 100% or make some "adjustments" on what your lying about but it also takes some luck to pull that sh*t off too

sniper
i dont lie, i make a new truth

JToTheP
AHAHAHAHA THAT JUST GOT SIGNATURE'D! eek!

sniper
*waves hand*
i never lied...
these are not the droids you're looking for...

JToTheP
HA! laughing

Silver Stardust
...or you could just not lie to begin with...roll eyes (sarcastic)

sniper

Storm
You' re such a bad lier Myth stick out tongue

Black Onyx
i lie all the time people always belive me cuz im such a good actressno expression

Nazgulinthedark
^ditto

people beleive me when i lie, but then when i tell them the truth they get mad at me erm

Tex
I demand that you insert at least 2 paragraph spaces before I even consider reading that encyclopedia up there! schmoll

Myth
That would leave a chance that I couldn't have gone at all.

Ron Burgundy
u and me both cool

Black Onyx
NATE hug hows you mah nigga

burly brawler
i got tired of being caught... so now i'm just brutally honest... but always in a respectful manner.

Corran
I don't lie, I'm a good boy big grin

Bar-en-Danwedh
more lies, just digs you into a whole that gets deeper and longer, untill it becomes an escape tunnel that you should be proud of!

my lies are usually quite elaborate, so people never question them...

and if people are particularily inquisitive, i make the lie so elaborate that the person looses interest and regrets asking in the first place.

el_barto
I get cought all the time smile

RaventheOnly
I'm really good at twisting lies into truth ... for there is truth in all words evil face

Flavio
'im a good liar, but when i get caught i do this -> lookaround

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.