New generation.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Robo-Chocobo
I've been pondering this for the last few days now. Are Spidey's fans being replaced?

Now please bear with me.

It seems to me that a new generation of spidey fans is starting to appear. a generation who has grown up with ultimate spiderman over amazing spiderman, a group who has no problems with peters lack of webshooters in the films, etc.

I personally liike the ultimate spiderman comics and i liked the movies. It just seems that new fans are arriving, and that they seem to be leaning towards the new stuff instead of the old.

(since i can never write with closure on my posts, this seems pretty jumbled)

SpiderGurl
Well it's to be expected that a new generation of Spidey fans will emerge because of these movies. In fact, I would be classified as one of these "new spidey fans" because I never read the comics or watched the cartoon series but loved Spidey 2 and now I'm really obsessed hehe. I don't think old fans will be replaced necessarily-- as new fans come in they will want to explore Spiderman's roots by rediscovering the comics and old cartoons. Think of it as expanding Spidey's fanbase instead.

Spiderman_RJ
yah dude, thats what marvel is doing since spiderman sells started to fall, the content may differ but the legend (our loved amazing spiderman) will live.
i doubt they will do like coke having a cherry (ultimate spidey) and a tradicional (amazing spidey) titles toguether, the old one is faded to die. pityfull,. but im saving my bullets for the day it comes.

burly brawler
the kids today are more prone to pokemon and digi-mon and whtever-mon that are showing up on tv during saturday mornings. they were never exposed to the real splendor of the original spider-man. even i was too young to remember the live action spidey tv series (i have vague memories). now that the movies and games are released, spidey is being introduced to these next gen fans that are really not aware of the true origins.

being replaced? i think not... just being diversified...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.