Venom vs the Rhino

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Duke
What do you guys think?

FeceMan
Venom.

SUPERMANDAMAN
hmmm prolly venom even though the rhino has him beat in strength and durability but his biggest weakness is hes a idiot.

Kontraz
could rhino ever beat anybody with any kind of super power? I bet even that wonder twin that turns into water could take him easily...

Duke
Yea, I believe Venom would win myself. Venom has a lot more agility than Rhino and definetly more intelligents as well.

Duke
lol, that's a good question.

SUPERMANDAMAN
well i mean dont underestimate him though i mean he has gone at it with the hulk

Duke
That's true. But hasn't Spider-Man beat him before?

SUPERMANDAMAN
yup but he has lost to him before it was only after he figured out his weakness that he beat him

Duke
Oh, So he beat him the ol' fashion Spider-Man way. Find out the weakness and use it against them.

SUPERMANDAMAN
yup pretty much he figured out the he cant change his direction during the middle of a charge and that he is a idiot.

ragesRemorse
ok, venom can beat the shit out of spiderman, spiderman beats the shit out of Rhino. Yeah Rhino is a pathetic villian and probably fails against the lowest of villains. Hoever when he is an issue, you know you are going to see some major chaos and destruction, so he isnt that incredibly bad i guess, but still pathetic. Venom wins

SUPERMANDAMAN
Actually spiderman has more wins then loses over venom their first fight he could of simply beat him by using a sonic gun he borrowed for the FF but realizing that it would kill brock if he were to use it since they are so perectly bonded he didnt he made venom use up to much organic webbing which weakend venom and he was able to beat him and the second time he simply tricked the sybiot into trying to leave eddie to go back to him but the strain of the sybiot trying to leave brock caused him to pass out also another win for spidey so u cant really base venoms victory on the fact that yall think that he beat spiderman when he didnt cause spiderman used the same weapon to beat venom to beat the rhino his superior intelligence.

Victor Von Doom
I quite like Rhino.

Venom though I guess.

moshtitan
rhinos a badass, but Venom is THE badass.

SUPERMANDAMAN
in the end it would prolly go to venom.

ragesRemorse
I was just pointing out that venom has beat the shit out of spiderman, and has the potential to do it again. These two have fought so many times through out spidey history

SUPERMANDAMAN
i never reallly remember him beating the shi* out of spiderman if u could give me a comic title please.

Jargon343
Well in most any comic, the villian gets a few good hits in on the hero before being defeated. That's probably what he's referring to.

Manowar
no i think the Rhino could do it. hes not very smart but hes fast as crap (almost as fast as Spider-Man) he has beaten Spidey, but Spidey has beaten him...

Kontraz
yeah, he's fast, but he's not quick at all. He's fast when running in one direction, but Venom is really quick, and would easily be able to dodge all of the guy's attacks....

ScarletSpider
Rhino is stronger, but Venom has more versatility with his powers, so it will most likely go to him.

Linkalicious
Rhino went toe to toe with Hulk a couple of times and got the living crap beat out of him every time.

When Rhino fights Spiderman, Spiderman is either already injured, saving someone, or pre-occupied with another villan. A healthy Spiderman would beat Rhino just about ever time. NOTE: "just about"

Venom lays a pretty good whipping on Spiderman in the 1st encounters of every comic they are in together. Usually it ends with Venom fleeing for some reason or another, but generally, Venom lays the hurting on Spiderman.

But Spiderman always finds a way to win by the end of the comic.

Venom vs. Rhino would go to Venom. Venom's durability, strength, and speed are all better than Spiderman's abilities. Which means, his punches hurt more...also remember his webbing is stronger than Spiderman's webbing. YES, Rhino could break the webbing with his strength, but in those types of fights, the webbing is used to trip, slow down, or blind their enemies.

I've seen Venom go head on with Juggernaut and take everything he threw at him...while still talking crap the whole time. I don't know if Rhino is THAT strong. Unless he uses fire or something...the symbiote's too much for Rhino.

JuggernautFan
venom did not go toe-to-toe with juggernaut.....brock would have died if not for bonding with the living mercury. end of story...... but i think venom would beat rhino. too many things going for venom for him to lose this one.

Linkalicious
you don't really know that for sure. He was knocked into the mercury during the fight. It was calling to him...pretty much distracting him. Juggernaut was definitly coming for him, but he very well could have tried to escape. Juggernaut was the one that busted in on Eddie by surprise.....

JuggernautFan
i do know that for sure. instead of reading 1 comic read all 3. venom launches his own assault against juggernaut, after juggernaut backhands him (by surprise), then reveals his juggernaut armor. it also says in issue 2, that the thing in the suit was nearly dead, and had they not bonded to it, he would have died. so what do i not know???

and eddie could have fled, but it was his girlfriend that juggernaut was kidnapping.

norrin radd
i go with venom, more speed, and muvh more brain.

Duke
Venom will more than likely take this win if he doesn't decide to face Rhino head on like he sometimes does with different opponents

Linkalicious
I have read all 3 comics bud. And yes, i know that Eddie says that the mercury he bonded with helped save him. But what exactly was Juggs going to do to finish him? Like 3 panels earlier, Venom is taking a beating and still talking crap. He gets the double fist to the head, and that's a damn good shot, but he can take more than that.

You talk like Venom was just going to turn into a glob of guu on the wall...which has never been the case thus far. Besides...the Rhino is not Juggernaut...Venom can actually hurt Rhino.

who?-kid

SUPERMANDAMAN
Its called the writers trying to give him some credibility.

Linkalicious
it's not like that was the worst beating Venom has ever taken. Juggs used all physical attacks, no sonics or fire, so it wasn't like he was being exploited by a weakness.

Yes, he was getting the crap beat out of him, and at no point was he in any position to even hurt Juggs. But he still could have continued getting worked....and lived.

Alpha Centauri
Rhino isn't that bad. Just another generic big guy though. I liked his fight with Surfer coz it was comic value that he even tried.

Venom takes this.

-AC

Manowar
Venom would definitely have to make a strategy because if he took thr Rhino head on, hed get the crap beat out of him

Maelstrom
Venoms just has a bad case of male bonding. Don't he want to bond with everything in the whole world?
Well Rhino's skin is permenently bonded to him and he's like 80ton strength, as strong as Namor in water.
I don't know much about Venom, ive seen him fight spidy a few times, thats all. I don't think he is near that strength. What's he gonna do, gum Rhino to death?
I say Rhino opens Venom up right down to Eddie Brock.

Duke
It sounds like a pretty close fight, being that both of them are just down right dumb a lot of times. But Venom's agility and higher intelligents pretty much gives him the edge.

Linkalicious
i think the fight would be remarkably similar to a Spiderman Vs. Rhino fight, except Venom hits harder than Spidey.

Kontraz
Venom is almost as agile as spidey, and spidey usually relies on his quickness to seriously whoop up on rhino... and as just mentioned above, venom's punches pack a lot more than spidey's, so he would probably just put the rhino down in less time.

Duke
perhaps, but still, Venom's pride may just get in the way.

manjaro
I say rhino, and not cuz he's strong but beucase his armor is more durable than venom himself. if you take serious note th eonly spidey has been able to thwart rhinois by outsmartiing him. usually taunts him until he rams his head into a wall and knocks himself out, but a toe to toe go around will result in venom scraping all his scary teeth off the asphalt

who?-kid
Venom is not THAT much stronger than Spider-Man.

Linkalicious
But he is significantly stronger...and don't go quoting comic cards or directories. Use actual feets of strength. He over powers Spidey all the time.

And Unlike Spiderman, Venom's symbiote acts as protection against Rhino's attack. It's not as strong as Rhino's skin...but it's still effective.

Also, i tend to hear a lot about how dumb Venom is...but he is actually pretty smart, and pretty tactical in his own comics. And those have been around for over 10 years...

Manowar
have you read Venom #16? Spider-Man says that hes faster, stronger, and smarter than Venom...and happens to knock him out in like 4 punches!! Venom is only a little stronger than Spider-Man

Kontraz
have YOU read venom # 16? That series is on crack!!!! I mean i like it, but nothing is like the original in that!!!!

Linkalicious
totally. I also saw Venom beat the living crap out of Spidey 2x in that same comic. The only time Spiderman did that was after he was getting whooped and Venom held him instead of ripping him to shreds.....AS ALWAYS.

Spidey was helpless like 1 page earlier...

SUPERMANDAMAN
I like venom but i mean he can only lift like 1 tons more than spiderman because the symbiot gave eddie brook spidermans stregth plus whatever he can lift and eddie brock is huge but any how so it isnt much of a gap in stregth and spiderman is quicker then venom and alot smarter and that is what he always uses to beat the rhino just like he always has done in the spiderman comics to beat venom so thats why i think rhino might have this one it all depends if he trys to take the rhino head on.

Victor Von Doom
Venom would beat Rhino.

Seriously, would a few commas hurt? It's literally hard to read your posts, as well as making you look dumb, which I'm sure you aren't.

SUPERMANDAMAN
No time when u have all this comic book knowledge.

Victor Von Doom
Quite the hilarious reply.

Alpha Centauri
"No time when u have all this comic book knowledge."

Yeah indeed. Considering he once said "Who's Supeman Prime?".

-AC

headrek1
As a normal person Brock can lift 700 lbs, and as venom he can lift 40 times that amount, Rhino can lift 100 tons. But Rhino is stupid, venom is a maniac , but he's not stupid, especially not his symbiote half. So Rhino's got him beat strength wise, but he's also had Spidey beat strength wise forvever, yet webs thrashes him every time. So I'd really have to take Venom in this fight, seeing that besides strength he and Spidey are the same.

Manowar
ok i can see your new, so ill go easy

Venom cannot lift 14 tons (seeing as how thats what 700x40 is) his maximum is 11 tons

and the Rhino is class 80 strength meaning he can only lift 80 tons (a little lower than the Thing)

FeceMan
I *believe* that headrek is quoting from the official Spider-Man guide published by that company that publishes a whole crapload of super-informative books...Eyewitness maybe? Oh, well, if you're a geek like me, you'd know what I was talking about. I think they have one out for Hulk and another for Supes. He's probably getting his info from there and it might be changed depending on the writer.

Linkalicious
14 tons COULD be right...

If we were talking about squating the weight....not pressing it.

Manowar
dude i have The Official Guide to Spider-Man and The Marvel Encyclopedia and they all say that Venom is the level of Spider-Man (class 10) but Venom is closer to 11 tons than 10

Kontraz
you are argueing over a matter of 11 tons to 14, and 80 to 100?!?!? Whenever the weight is that much, those are minute differences in a battle!

manjaro
wow! i know i havent seen or heard anything significant of rhino in a while but is really up to CL80 now? and is this th Ultimate version where is armor is a metallic suit resembling IM's Hulkbuster armor?

Linkalicious
Being a dumbass is a crime. Rhino is guilty as charged...

manjaro
yeah rhino is a dumbass to the extreme. cuz i remember in one arc of spiderman, he got so sick of people calling him stupid that he went to the PPL who gave him his suit in the first place and underwent a procedure that would make him smarter. now , the only side effect to the treatment is that he would continually get smart and never stop increasing in intellect, and after a while would end up losing interst in everything around him. he built an empire and basically became like the kingpin but just cuz he lost the girl he was trying to impress in the 1st place, he went back to have the surgery reversed, and asked them to make him a little bit dumber than he was before.

now thats a dumb f*ck right there!@

wallywestthebes
venom would take it cause if you compare the fights spiderman has had with venom and with rhino it was harder for spiderman to beat venom than it was for him to beat rhino

Surfer 52
venom would kill rhino

morbius
this wons tough maybe rhino
obviously venom would win he kill rhino
remember alien costume series symbiote spidey defeated rhino easily

morbius
this wons tough maybe rhino
obviously venom would win he kill rhino
remember alien costume series symbiote spidey defeated rhino easily
but i like rhino alot he really cool

Tough Guy
i saw a cartoon, ( i know so innaccurate) but it had venom throwing rhino around like a rag doll, silly as i always thought rhino was in the 85 tonne level whilst venom was only in the 20 tonne level

jinzin
Venom and all his slobber-toothed fury's gonna take this fight. ....oh and has a side note I have a ton of comic's w/venom vs. spidey and spiderman cant- I repeat CAN NOT beat the v-man w/o sonics or fire or something. I mean in the lethal protector series venom could've killed peter like 3 times alone, and didn't. And rhino's not smart enough to find himself some sonics, so venom's gonna whoop him, all he has to do is sufficate the guy by covering his open face area.

srankmissingnin
If the symbiote sustains enough damage then it will leave parts of the host exposed, it has happened before and it will happen again. So, if Rhino can land a hit it should buy him enough time to pummel Venom into submission... the question is can he land a hit on him?

uQifg2WV
Venom all the way, you know, because i might go gay for venom

wrathofachilles
Venom has beaten just about every Spider-Man villain anyway except for the Goblins. He's taken out Carnage, Vulture, Sandman, Electro, Kraven, Mysterio, and would have gone after Doc Ock if he didn't have other guys interfering. After Green Goblin and maybe Hobgoblin, Venom is THE top Spider villain. Rhino doesn't stand much chance.

muffin man
venom for his speed and agility

Mainstream
Rhino super tough so technically he could win.

theflyxx
Venom was humiliated by Juggernaut and like Juggs, Rhyno is no pushover when it comes to strength.

I say Rhino takes it.

Mainstream
I agree with Manowar. Rhino is about as smart as snot, but he has the power and strength to take down Venom

Mainstream
Rhino would win. He's went up against the Hulk and held his own for while.

Mainstream
Rhino!! Rhino!! RHINO!!!!!!

talon00x
Venom has what it takes to beat rhino.

He has superior speed and reflexes, also rhinos face is vunerable unlike the rest of his body.
Venom would only need to stealth himself use his speed puch him in the face and let his suit to in his mouth nose eyes and tear apart his insides.

Like you said rhino is a block head and venom isnt. Rhino cant hit what he cant see. Venom has many methods of hiding hisself, by shooting web in his eyes, useing his camouflage, or straight up ripping his eyes out useing his suit.

Rhinos reflexes suck compared to venoms he would never hit him if venom used his head.

Rhino is no juggernaut, venom also had to stop juggernaut which no many people can do. Venom was under a time factor juggernaut was taking his girl friend/ex wife whatever.

Venom should have enough time to take him out.

Kontraz
1) venom's beaten spidey, who has beaten hulk

2) venom held his own against the hulk

3) venom has beaten spidey who has beaten rhino

4) only way rhino wins is if he can land a direct hit on him.... and seeing as venom has his "symbiote sense" and amazing reflexes/agility.... rhino has a better chance hitting one of those flies that are buzzing around him... HE IS GARBAGE!

leonheartmm
hey we also seem to be forgetting that venom can also twist and liguify into unnatural{jelly like or liquid
} shapes and forms{a bit like mister fantastic}, this way, he can actually be hit and easily survive or he can avoid beeing hit at all

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.