racism

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

minnie
So what do you guys think of racism?

lil bitchiness
It exists, it always will do, its very wrong as there is no such a thing as 'race'...we are all exactly the same biologicly, so therefore ''race'' doesnt exist.

clavis9495

minnie
yeah I agree

rusky
idd.. racism is wrong..

Baylin
I dont like racism but I hate it when it anti-racism is taken too far, because then things can get really stupid and it ends up being worse than the problem it's trying to stop!

Be@st
I hate racism. It's wrong. You shouldn't concentrate your hateress on other races. I can proudly say I'm not a racist; I hate all people equaly.

Der Soldat
Racism is a starnge and extremely complex subject. It is something that I have always had abject disapproval of.
It is difficult to say where racism really comes from. A lot of racists claim they don't like black people, but I think the real reason behind racism goes deeper than that. I mean, how can a person hate somebody because of the colour of their skin?! It's like painting a masterpiece, but ripping it because you would rather use a different colour....

I suppose it originally arose from the caste system of many years ago, and the segregations that followed.

But they were abolished long ago, and so I really do not see why it continues....perhaps subconciously we are all in a struggle to portray ourselves as being the best, it's something that isn't hidden so well in a school environment where life is really all about competing with your fellow peers...but when you get out into the real world, this practice is often a lot more subtle.
So based upon this, we turn (or at least racists do) to what appears to be the easiest group to heighten ourselves upon....it's just a theory anyway, and not being a racist myslef I have no idea why anyone would want to indulge in this behaviour.

Human nature is a crazy thing.

Krosus
Depends how seriously your country views it nationally.
In the UK its madness theres so much positive discrimination, take for example several councils have banned the displaying of our national flag as it is considered racist and to a certain extent our national Saints day is as well.

My best friend was born in England although his father is from Kashmir he considers himself English not Kashmiri he observes his own religious beliefs in his home or the mosque and embraces our customs and traditions joins our family for christmas dinner for example and he is a great guy, instead of trying to change us he has adapted to join us in the community and thinks some of the PC rubbish that comes out is patently ridiculous.

He once showed me an interpretation from the Quran his religous tome:
Allah teaches us to listen and hear what other religions have to say, to not force our customs and beliefs on those who hold close another they would call God but to merely agree that higher powers shape our lives and all beliefs are sacred and to be respected.

eezy45
Well I am against racism and fascism. i have been to some demonstrations.
some of them ended... erm.... not very funny.

Linkalicious
being racist kicks ass!!!! confused

well that's what my mom says......

Raz
I don't think we need a debate of racism itself. Any decent person knows it's wrong, so whats there to talk about?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.