LEEEEEEETS talk shoujo!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BlackHatDefect
Im not a big fan of shounen.Ill admit that right now....Its ok,but the way i really get around is that cute lil crap called shoujo.

On TV,its too overlooked.I think the only shoujo iv seen on tv is Sailor Moon years back.As manga..well..polls show that the top 5 mangas in America right now are all of the shounen variety.Its truy a sad thing for all the fans ne?
As for faves,right now i love these
Fushigi Yuugi
Imadoki
Super GALS
Revolutinery Girl Utena
Mars
Peach Girl
Kill Me Kiss Me
Under A Glass Moon
Fruits Basket
Angel Sanctuary
Banana Fish
Magic Knight Rayearth
Gravitation
Hana Yori Dango
Hot Gimmick
So GALS and Guys..Lets talk shoujo!What are your faves,how do you feal about it,does it beat shounen ECT ECT ECT

TrAnCeDuO
would Real Bout Samurai High School be considered a shoujo?

BlackHatDefect
I donno.I think its a mix myself,some anime/manga are.Its good,whatever it is though!

crazy_c
I love shojo!! it's a shame it's not more popular. my faves are:

Fushigi Yuugi
Sailor moon
card captor sakura
Magic knight rayearth
fruits basket
paradise kiss

big grin

BlackHatDefect
OHHH Paridise Kiss..that brings back memories.I hated it all the way untill book 5(cause i don't like George)Then at 5,i was in tears when i read the end/intsantly loved it!Weird yes.Hyprcritical yes,but wow,is it good!

Gregory
I like some shoujo; Revolutionary Girl Utena is good. So are Bride of Deimos and Petshop of Horrors, both of which I suppose would be classified as shoujo. Also, Fake.

BlackHatDefect
OHH YES!!!!!!Utena is one of my faves,Pet Shop..well it made me cry>_<<------wimp
And Fake..i don't like the art but the shounen Ai is really kawaii!

BlackHatDefect
OHH forget to add...I My Me Strawberry Eggs,i LOVE that show,super cute!

soundtrack
im not to clear on what shoujo is (im think anime drama?) anyways with what i think it is i like: cardcaptors (loved the movie "the sealed card"wink, pretear (just started watch it and im hooked), and sailormoon. i wish i knew more about fushigi yuugi b4 i start buying it b/c it looks interesting.
anyway...i might know more shoujo, but not quite sure what it is. smile

BlackHatDefect
Shoujo is anime intended for girls(but guys can still witch them)
Card Captor Saukra(sorry,im a bit anti-dub anal)Was a really amazing anime,and a better manga.GO SAKURA-CHAN!
Pretener I DESPRATLY want to see

TrAnCeDuO
excuse me if i ask a stupid question but is love hina considered shoujo?

soundtrack
blackcatdefect......if you have comcast cable on demand you might have it in the anime section.?

BlackHatDefect
Love Hina is actually shounen....I have no clue why......maybe its the fanservice..no im pretty sure its that,but its got shoujo tidbits

WOW,this section could be renamed"as the hat..shoujo or not"that would be fun!

soundtrack
o i like chobits too

BlackHatDefect
Iv got issues with Chobits.Like Tokyo Mew Mew it,had good potentel but never really got to me.Hreres the whole series in detail
Hidiki meets robot
Robot is stupid/makes silly mistakes
Robot reads book
girl crys
Robot makes more mistakes
Reads book
girl crys
Mistakes
Book
Secrets are reveiled early but everyones to dumb to figure them out/now they acually get them
it ends
Thats how i felt reading Chobits..but the art was good.

soundtrack
i havent seen the whole thing yet... sad......i know what ur talking about (u didnt ruin anything/spoilers).

BlackHatDefect
Yeh,i was trying to avoid spilers....OMG IM SORRY BUT THE ART!!!!!!!!SO PRETTY

soundtrack
laughing out loud thats ok.

BlackHatDefect
Hehe...soooo umm...what else you into(lol)shoujowise

Jace_Rave
DAMMIT!! I have too many sisters, I actually know a bunch of these series and have read/own some of them. And Ai Yori Aoshi is really good. Yes Chobits was kind of lame like that.

hobbit_dude
hu7h?

BlackHatDefect
Ai Yori Aoshi was really cute.I think im on DVD 3,but i like it so far(i don't like its dub much though)

BlackHatDefect
OHH btw anyone seen D~N~Angel?ITs a really great shoujo series!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.