Blade: Super-Hero or Super-Zero?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Cinemaddiction
The purpose of this thread is to settle a personal dispute.

Do you, the movie going public, consider the comic book character "Blade" to be a super hero? Keeping in mind that characters such as the "X Men", "Hellboy", and "The Punisher", by comic cook definition, are classified as "super heroes".

Keep these points in mind when determining Blade's fate.

1) Originated as a MARVEL comic character
2) First appeared 30 years ago, in "Tomb of Dracula" # 10
3) Has a secret identity
4) Wears an easily identifiable costume
5) Has an arch-nemesis
6) Possesses super human strength
7) In the comics, belongs to a super hero stable w/ Morbius
8) Eliminates villians, so is considered a "hero"

Do you classify "Blade" himself as a "super hero", in relation to his movie franchise, given his comic origins, and supported background, or just an action movie character?

Stormy_Day
Was this thread really neccessary ca?

ragesRemorse
i would have to say that blade 2 was super zero, however, talking about technical classifications, then blade is yes a superhero. He goes above and beyond the average human abilities and determination to combat evil. That is a superhero

Stormy_Day
When you compare him to Batman,Superman,Spider-Man,he just isnt erm

Cinemaddiction
If it weren't, I wouldn't have started it.

I'm out to prove a point, that the "Blade" franchise is considered a superhero franchise.

WindDancer
Definitely a superhero! If you were to dismissed Blade as a superhero then you might as well say the same thing for Spawn, Dr Strange, Ghost Ryder (GR movie coming soon) Scarlet Witch, and a few others. These superheroes use powers that do not involve science. Their powers come from the unknown (or occult if you prefer). The Term "Super powers" have always being use for superheroes that are involved with science. As the demand increase for new superheroes, writers started to look for new ground or something different. So they turn to the realm of magic for new ideas or characters.

In my view Blade is a superhero with powers from the unknown. Whereas heroes like Batman, Dick Tracy, The Phantom, The Shadow, Tarzan, and Green Hornet do not posess any superpowers, but realy more in logic and strategy to defeat their foes. So for these icons their superpowers are come from the mind. How powerful are these heroes? Well, picture Superman or Spiderman trying to solve a crime. Most likely they'll use their superpowers to find the criminal. Now picture Batman or Dick Tracy, they don't use superpowers and they still solve the crime! See, Superpowers don't guarantee a Hero.

PunisherFan33
he is a zero. he just a half of a vamp. good thing they are killing him off in TRINITY. its going to be the last blade forever. the only good thing about the last one is that HHH is going to be in it. he is going to kill blade. if you dont know who HHH is hes a wrestler(but thats a dfferent thread and forum)

Stormy_Day
Like I said compared to everyone else he isnt he just fights vampires he stays in his own little world where real superheros protect people and the city.

Red Superfly
You might wanna put some spoilers on that man.

And how can you call Blade a zero when you have The Punisher as your sig? He's just a bloke with guns. (Not dissing the Punisher, he is awesome too, but I'm just trying to put it in perspective here)

Blade's not only got super strength, but is also a master fighter and swordsman. His vampire abilities let him have all the grace and "stealth" of the likes of Spider-Man. He's pretty nimble. Give the guy a break.

A lot of the X-Men only have one super-power, yet are considerred heroes. I don't know exactly what Blade's super-powers are, but his most obvious ones definitely make him a super hero.

BloomBabyGirl
i dont really thin hes a hero but thats just me

Cinemaddiction
So, in neither of the Blade movies, the villains weren't hellbent on ruling the world? By killing off the head of the Vampire underworld, Blade wasn't saving the human breed from them? Could have fooled me!

Your "fighting vampires in his own little world" quip doesn't fly either. Blade, in two movies took out clans in both New York and Russia. Even if it were the underworld, they were looking to overthrow the entire human race.

In addition, Superman never left Metropolis, Batman never left Gotham City, and Spiderman never left New York. Blade, in the meantime, is rackin' up frequent flier miles, because vampires are EVERYWHERE.

While he may not be a "super hero" like the likes of your old comic book characters, he's still doing the exact same thing they are. Just not being portrayed as safe, heroic, or mainstream.

ragesRemorse
blade is more super than batman. The thing is in blade comics his enemies are vampires and other supernatural creatures. Not just vampires, atleast in the comics. the kinds of villians spiderman and superman fight do not exist in the world of blade. The foe's blade dispenses of are beings that only blade and his fellow slayers can destroy, average humans cannot. At first blade set out on a crusade of vengeance,but this has changed into preservation of mankind over supernatural beings. Anyone who makes self sacrifices to assist humanity is a superhero, super abilities or not

ragesRemorse
you say spiderman and other superheros protect the city and blade stays in his own little world, Blades world is the entire world wherever vampires or supernatural creatures roam, if it werent for blade the human race would have been enslaved many times over.

Stormy_Day
So hes a hero in the vampires eyes not a hero to the city or to me erm

Cinemaddiction
How the **** is he a hero to the vampires? He's killing their entire ****ing race off!! How isn't he a hero to the city, by knocking off the very race that would have supposedly enslaved them as RR point out??

He saved cities and people alike, just like Batman or Superman. How is it any different?

Tell me.

Stormy_Day
I forgot about the vampire thing its been a while since ive seen the movie erm (still doesnt change my opinion)ca why do you always target my post when there are alot of other people in this thread to?

Cinemaddiction
Because you don't know what you're talking about, for the most part.

Straight up. Tell me why you don't consider Blade to be a super hero? Pretty much everyone else has stated their claim, with suporting evidence.

..and don't compare him to anyone, because what constituted a super hero in the 40's doesn't completely fly today.

Stormy_Day
I dont have to explain myself and you dont have to respect my opinion.I just dont think blade should be considered a superhero.I know what im talking about but dont have the time to type it out like you wink

Vengeance
k blad eis no super hero or even hero becuase to be a hero u need to be reconized and no one knows he's alive or ever was alive. and realy i think batman and punisher are more hero becuase they dont have super strengh like blade and all that crap thats a hero, not some mut (mix between vamp and human). oh and i pray he will die in the third it would be a fitting end to a low budget so called "hero".

Stormy_Day
Coudlnt have said it better myself wink

Cinemaddiction
You should take the time to explain yourself, if you want your opinion to mean anything to anyone. Respect has nothing to do with it. All I want is a logical explanation. Not just an empty opinion, but you've made it abundantly clear your incapable of elaboration, so that's the end of that, and once again, we'll just agree to disagree and understand that you have wasted my time.

I don't know why you bother arguing points in a movie you haven't seen in years, mucking up the most basic of plot points, being Blade HATING vampires.

Ever heard the term "unsung heroes"? A good example are the people that work at the electric company. Without them, we have no electricity. Farmers? They put food on billions of peoples tables, literally, but go unseen and unrecognized every single day. They are heroes, just the same.

How the hell is "Punisher" a hero? He doesn't help anyone but himself, and his whole schtick is working out a personal vendetta, revenge.

Batman, sure. He's a classic super hero, but today, there's alot more to constitute the levels of heroism other than being in the spotlight, and helping people.

Blade has no super human strength, to be honest, other than maybe enhanced fighting skills of some sort? He's weaker than most so called super heroes, for the sheer fact that he has to take a serum just to sustain himself every single day.

Besides, what does "Blade" being "low budget" have to do with anything? Goes to show the franchise doesn't need gobs of CGI to make their character interesting.

In retrospect, I think you're both about on the same level, intellectually.

Stormy_Day
Thats has it CA I dont like you disrespecting my so called "Itellectual ability" because you dont agree.Im not asking you to agree or even take a second look and my opinion I just posted it.So just stop trying to prove me wrong because it comes very clear that me and you have totally different views on movies.

I dont think Blade was ever intended to be a super-hero,but HEY whatever floats your boat.

Cinemaddiction
So, you thought I was calling you two stupid? I always admired both of your levels of tenacity. But, look at it however you want. big grin

Again, you're thinking I am saying things, sheerly because I disagree, which is just even more proof of your backwards reasoning.

Also, I'm not trying to prove you wrong. How can an opinion be proven wrong, anyway? Correct, it can't be, and that's not what I was trying to do. Like I said, you either can't elaborate, or you won't elaborate on a simple opinion. You got defensive instead. That's on you.

It's not that our views on movies are different, it just that you have yet to find yours. Your "view", as witnessed here, isn't a view, it's an opinion on a singular character which differs from mine. You haven't got anything to support your opinion to rival mine, and I have plenty of support, that is based in all other comic book movies, which the Blade franchise follows almost to a T.

"Blade" has too much in common with all the other comic book movies to not be considered a "super hero" franchise.

You're absolutely right in one aspect, as he never was intended to be a super hero. However, he is one, simply because he has more in common with all the other super heroes and their franchises, than not.

We through yet? confused

Stormy_Day
No.

Dont act like you where giving me a compliment because I know you werent.I dont give my reviews on this forum mostly because most of the time im to lazy to do research and take time to write a review so I basically stick to 1 to 2 paragraph opinions and theorys/thoughts.You probaly think less of me and me thoughts on movie because im like half your age but get over it im a good critic and debater to when I want to be.

vvvrulz
The latter, but i dont care much anyway really.

furryman
He's a hero, and he has extraordinary powers huh

BackFire
He's not a super hero really. Just a normal "hero"

Anywien

Stormy_Day
Exactly.

Like theres a difference between a Fire Fighter and Spider-Man erm

Cinemaddiction
Are you implying there isn't a difference between Spider-Man and a firefighter, or there is?

Besides, what's the difference, both are heroes?

Blade is no different than Spider Man in his movies. Both are from comic books, human, both have some sort of genetic enhancement, an arch nemesis, a costume, catchphrases, save their respective cities, have weaknesses, a love interest, and are both prone to losing their powers!

There ya have it. He's a ****ing super hero.

Majority rules.

Stormy_Day
Im saying theres a difference between one of kind of hero and another kind.

Vengeance
k i dont think that plp doing there jobs make them heros, u hear the term "career choice". like farmers are cool but just becuase they do what they wanted doesn't realy make them a hero. maybe if they went out of there way to do it becuase we had a shortage maybe.
and punisher did help those plp in the apartment, plus he said at the end that he would help those who couldn't help them selves. so he is about to go out of his way to help plp hey look at that huh?.

lol when u dont agree with plp you always say there stupid just face it we have diff opions just mine had facts to back it up were u go off to say were stupid and tease stormy's post's instead of making points your self.

Vengeance
oh and there u have it majority blows lol. what majority like realy how many plp even post here yet like 5 lol slow down cd.

beccaluvsjames
super zero

Cinemaddiction
Super heroes don't exist in real life, so they are basically one and the same. Still no real point in what you said.

If there weren't any farmers, there would be shortages. A hero is defined as one who is admired for his achievements and noble qualities. If feeding the world isn't an achievement, then I don't know what is.
Hero doesn't necessarily mean someone who saves a shitload of people from peril, not even by definition.

"Career choice" means nothing, either. Farmers chose to be farmers, super heroes choose to save the world. What's your point? Is not that either were born to do what they set out to do each and every day.

The "Punisher" character isn't a super hero. He's human, for one, and all he has is guns and a bad attitude. He's no more a super hero than I am.

How is it that those people are living in such a low rent community, when that wheelchaired kid was able to afford a mechanized wheelchair, as well as all that high tech, expensive gadgetry? Just something to think about, since they are so poor. By giving them money, that's not saving the community, it's saving a 3 lazy ass bums who CAN help themselves, but apparently don't want to. Bad, bad example.

Lastly, not once did I say anyone was stupid. I do however liken the intellectual level of his to yours, all talk and no action. I understand we have differing opnions, but neither of you provided any of these facts that you claim to have shared, and I did, more than a sufficient amount.

I've put both of you in your places numerous times, and I don't ever see an end in sight. I don't know why you even bother "debating" with me, when it's so one sided.

14 people have actually participated in the poll itself, 9 of which agree with me, chief. That's 66%, and the majority of the thread. Given the evidence I have provided, which beyond a shadow of a doubt lends itself to believing he is indeed a superhero, I seem to be in the right here, and nobody has anything to refute it.

Well, other than opinions, which people like to mistaken for fact.

Vengeance
lol ok man. well i say that plp choicing to do something they love doesn't make them a hero even if they are a farmer. i n othey do help but not in a hero way, thats like saying that if someone love to sit down and he does it that makes him a hero lol.

Second punisher doesn't have to have super powers to be a super hero. like realy neither does bat man but he's also a super hero. i think he is called a super hero becuase he goes beoned what other hero's go with his guns and such. like who goes all out like he did in the movie. plus he does only use guns but blade ushally only uses swords.

Third saying not to debate with you becuas eits one sided is yet onther way of saying im inferior to u once again. i hate to say but i htink we both make good points and show our opions in good ways but in no time do i see your side of this debate beating mine.

Cinemaddiction
So, if I chose to be a fireman, and saved peoples lives day in and day out, I'm not a hero, according to you?

Farmers, for example, provide a service that not everyone is skilled or qualified to do day in and day out. People thay provide food for the entire nation are heroes to me. If not to you, then why don't you go cultivate your own crops?

As for the "Punisher" not needing super powers to be considered a "super hero", did you miss the entire definition of what constitutes a such a title?

Keyword there being and. Frank Castle is human. Nothing more. "Batman" is only considered a "super hero" by the general public, because he and Superman were novelty crimefighters when the phrase was coined, being the late 40's. In essence, he isn't one.

This part..I totally didn't comprehend:

"The Punisher" does LESS than most "super heroes", in fact. In the movie, all he did was kill people that killed his family. He'll promise to kill others that hurt other people, but how is that being a hero to anyone? He's a hitman who works for free, an outlaw. Weapondry has absolutely nothing to do with being a "super hero", it's all about what interesting or unique abilities you were born with. Blade, aside from using a sword, uses sai, a glave, and a wide, wide assortment of handguns. Not that it matters.

Lastly, while I am no better than anyone on this board, I do feel that I am the better debater between us. I usually have plenty of valid points, and you just like to throw out your opinions and hope they stick, with no real backing. I've got points on top of points, factual, honest to god points that you could go look up on the internet and find.

I'm sorry if you think I am bragging, or think I have some sort of superiority complex or what have you, but I've been doing this for years on numerous Star Wars and movie boards, and I only get better at making myself heard.

Stormy_Day
What is there like more than twenty thousand people registered at KMC and billions living in the world today and you say Majority Rules when people says hes a hero ? "What the f**k? stick out tongue

So true...and he always trys to twist my words and try to make me sound like im saying one thing when hes tottaly missing the point. erm

Cinemaddiction
38,000 over the course of about 4 years, the most being about 400 people on at one given time, and not all of them are going to visit this thread.

You unfamiliar with majority rules? How do you think we elect a President? Drawing straws? Paper, Rock, Scissors? If the majority of the people consider his franchise that of a "super heroes", then it is, contrary to one singular belief that is vastly outnumbered. It's the number of votes that matter, not the number of people who don't vote.

Stormy, to miss a point you have to make one, tough guy. And by point, I mean something verifiable, not a really strong opinion or personal conviction, follow up with a erm

Stormy_Day
Poor Cinemaddiction always misses the point closedeyes

Cinemaddiction
End of conversation, Stormy. Sorry for taking the thread so far off topic. boys and girls.

Stormy_Day
I dont think we where exactly of topic if you can recall what we where talking about embarrasment smile

Cinemaddiction
I have nothing left to say to you in regards to what Blade's designation is. It's been made abundantly clear by myself, with irrefutible evidence, as well as a poll that favors a similar opinion.

I feel as if he himself is a "super hero", both by definition, and the underlying statutes set forth by the comic book movie franchises both before and after that of his.

If you feel differently, then so be it. I think we've made both our arguements, and right now, the majority of the thread participants are siding with me, or atleast agree.

Fair enough? This is petty, and the last thing I need to worry about at this point in time.

BackFire
God damn, I hate vampires.

Cinemaddiction
Yeah, they suck.

BackFire
That, and they're just shitty.

Stormy_Day
I agree closedeyes

Cinemaddiction
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

OH SWEET PURVEYOR OF PUNS! HOW FUNNY I AM!

BackFire
I've said that in another thread about vampires. So don't go blowing yourself just yet. stick out tongue

Stormy_Day
I dont get it sick

vvvrulz
They piss me off too.

zinh
hes a super hero durrr

Btw, CA, I dont think of my monopoly electric company Nevada Power or any of its employees as heros but much more like villains smile

They raise rates because of things that happen in cali and it is unfair for us. Yeah the regular joe employee is nothing, BUT all good super villains have lackeys big grin

P.S my power is going out...good thing i have this generator smile T..aalk t.ttt.o yyo.. u la..ter.. . . . smile

Red Superfly
I still can't believe this topic is still going.

Blade has super human strength (he DOES have super human strength -vampires have it and it's one of his powers) and agility (same again) - plus the whole swordsman and fighter training thing.

Batman and Captain America are considerred super heroes, yet Blade can't?

Thing is - Blade isn't really SUPPOSED to be a run of the mill superhero. He's a vampire hunter, like Buffy, or Angel from TV. He hunts vampires. He was never intended to be a superhero in the same vein as Spider-Man or Superman, because what he does, where he comes from and everything else is completely different. It's like Ghost Rider and Punisher - they all have different motives, abilities and were all supposed to stand alone. Their powers were created with the intention of generating a character.

So many people get wound up in a superheroes powers and fail to realise the basic premise by any of these characters - the story.

The story, the characters, the risks they take, make a character into a superhero.

Also, the definition of superhero is a slight grey area. In this day and age, one persons idea of a superhero will differ from anothers. Some charcaters by their nature don't look like superheroes, but look more closely and you will find a true superhero like any other. Blade is one of those characters.

I don't see what the arguement is, really. Blade has super powers. He stops the world from being over-run by vampires. He's a super-hero.

Vengeance
then what is batman if he doesn't have super powers. is he a super hero becuase tons of thousands will say he is? plus a fire man could be called a hero but really i htink not becuase he wanted to do that job, like really same with cops, i think when some goes out of there way to save some one not in a job then there a hero.

Vengeance
yea when we vote for a PM we ushally have more then 14 plp lol.

Vengeance
blades a vamp so u just said u basically hate blade to then. damn your wierd some times man.

Stormy_Day
indeed he is

Cinemaddiction
You're kidding, right?

Vampires suck blood. Blade's a vampire, he sucks blood, he sucks.

If I honestly have to explain it..**** it

Yes, and you're the posterchild for tolerability and tact.

Stormy_Day
I dont even understand what you said blink stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Why am I not surprised you're unfamiliar with the word "tolerablity"?

Stormy_Day
Maybe because you think im to young to understand what it means blink stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Even my cat knows what it means, look it up.

Stormy_Day
I doubt that wink stick out tongue

Cinemaddiction
Don't, compared to some people on this board, he's MENSA material.

Drac39
I`d consider him a Super-hero for Blade 1,but Blade II,even though it was excellent,didnt have the super hero feel

Cant wait for Blade III

Jedi Priestess
Superhero in my book.

Vengeance
well plp might think he is a super hero and who knows maybe your right CD but he's a super loser when it comes to box office charts lol.

Stormy_Day
eek!

Blade 2 made alot if I recall

Cinemaddiction
The 2 movies combined have made $286 Million dollars (B.O.G.), in addition to the millions of dollars the DVD release has made both 2, and the original, it's far from a flop.

Why do you people even bother particpating in these threads when you don't know what you're talking about? confused

Vengeance
yea i no its no flop but look prolly even donnie darko made more money then that im not sure, but god knows shrek 2 did lol. anyway im just saying not a best series out there in sales.

Cinemaddiction
No, you said it was a flop, and now your backpeddling. "Donnie Darko" in 2001, made $500,000 dollars. It was only in 50 theatres anyway, so bad example.

"Blade" has a very, very limited audience. To make $280 Million dollars make it the 3rd best selling comic movie franchise, behind "Spiderman" and "Batman".

Of course "Shrek" is going to do better, it's a family movie. Just another bad example.

Major Knight
i said blade did bad, i didn' say it was a f'ing flop so dont tell me i did. plus i no shrek is a bad example since it kicked alot of movies out of the way. but still just saying that blade sucked compaired to high ranked movies.

Cinemaddiction
Flop, loser, what's the difference? The franchise didn't lose a single penny. You're just wrong, so admit it.

Red Superfly
What? Blade has a limited audience? That's wrong.

By just being a vampire/action flick in itself coined in a load of movie-goers. I bet many who saw Blade didn't even know he was a Marevl character.

And, the mere EXISTENCE of Blade 2 means that they did something right with the first one.

Major Knight
yea didn't make to many either so w/e. plus im not wrong i said it made little money and it did. so i would say your wrong since you dont know wtf im talking about. i never said it made the worst money ever in movie history so dont shit your self, i just said it didn't become a block buster k so dont freak out.

neo03
the punisher isn't considered a super hero! he is a war veteran who's trained in weaponry. his family was killed by mob bosses so he avenged their deaths mad mad

neo03
The punisher isn't considered a superhero. he has no powers.
Blade is definetly a hero. if he has powers and helps people, he's a hero

neo03
The punisher isn't considered a superhero. he has no powers.
Blade is definetly a hero. if he has powers and helps people, he's a hero evil face eek! mad

Red Superfly
Right, lets settle this.

Look this up: Marvel characters

Blade has superhuman strength. The strength of a vampire.

He also has a healing factor, and vampire senses.

He is an expert melee fighter and uses bladed weapons and guns.

He is, therefore, almost like Wolverine, and considerring Wolverine is widely considerred a superhero, then so is Blade.

Look at the facts people.

SnakeEyes
i still do not know why this thread was created.
Blade is a superhero and thats that. if u think otherwise then you are wrong.
its simple.
jeez!

Cinemaddiction
You know what? You're right. When 2 movies cost about $100 M combined to make, make about $290 Million dollars in the theatre, in addition to another $100 M in video rental/sales, it's a "loser".

How did I not see this before? $390 Million dollars for a 2 piece film franchise, marketed to a small demographic, never intending to be or being billed as a blockbuster is definately a "loser".

Major Knight
god man i never said it was a loser to i said it didn't make huge amounts of money, it did make some though and including vhs/dvd sales just makes it look more but i could add the same to any other series like can u imagen what shrek 2 will do? so lets not go there. plus the movies series realy got a little more than double the cost which tons of movies do so dont think its the greatest. any way i dont care any more, u no what i'll just say sure and shake my head to what ever u say becuase u always just twist my words like stormy said.

Major Knight
does bat-man have powers? no he doesn't but he is stilled called a super hero so just think before talking. plz and thnx

Cinemaddiction
Really?

I rest my case.

Major Knight
well im srry u took it that way but i put all movies through a high standered kinda lvl. so i would understand that u might think that ment it made 20$ but i ment it was a super loser compaired to tons of "super hero" movies, which it did just not cat-women so far. but u wouldn't no much about high standereds since u seem to like independent cinema, but thats ok your intitled to your opinion. plus nice work on the editing of my own words there, i've only seen 1 guy do thats before but he was in grade 4, u must realy be intouch with your child hood or your just bad at cumbacks so u do that shit, dont worry i can do it to i just have enough maturity not to.

BackFire
Why are people still arguing about these crappy movies? Who cares whether or not he's a super hero? The movies are still repetitive and boring. Plus they have vampires in them, and they're the same, crappy homoerotic ones. (except in part two, they had some pretty neat looking vampires, at least when their mouths got all wacky, other then that they still looked lame and boring).

However, C-man is right, the movies were technically a success, they did make quite a bit of money and are rather popular.

Cinemaddiction
Of course it's not going to do as well as "Hulk", "Spiderman", and "Batman". People grew up on those characters! Nobody knew "Blade" even existed before the movie rolled around! How naive/ignorant can you be, man?

High standards, for one, are subjective and personal. I consider myself to be someone of a cinematic elitist, granted, but I don't limit myself to any particular genre. I am allll over the map.

Lastly, as for my paraphrasing, I was basically summing up your post for you. That was me being nice about it. I don't know what is more amusing, that you claim to be 20, that you were on the the internet, in forums in 4th grade, or that you're sitting here trying to say that I am the delinquent one.

Major Knight
well i knew blade at a small age he was in tons of spider-man and other comic books, and he was in some spider-man eps. still i agree that he was pretty un known. and no i wasn't in no 4th grade forum i was on a certain games forum and there was a little kid i was getting in a fight with and he did the same lame ass thing. and u ceep picking at the fact u dont think im 20 which is kinda sad, becuase i am and u dont seem to be able to accept it. well w/e i can be 3 years old if u want i dont care.srry it took me awhile to reaply but i was gone for 2 weeks in B.C.

Stormy Day
Jeez I thought this thread was dead shock

Major Knight
nope, not when i get back lol.

OnLy_FoR_OrLi
Blade=Super HERO. Day Walker majorly rules

Stormy Day
Cinemaddictions was acting like a jerk in this thread sad

Cinemaddiction
Bullshit. I was proving a point.

Stormy Day
You where acting like a jerk while doing it also.

Cinemaddiction
Apparently you don't know anyone with any real conviction towards what they believe. Besides, even if I were, what's the big deal? Some people need a little straight talk to understand where one is coming from.

Stormy Day
ok

Major Knight
lol your right he was an ass, but anytime u tell him he was being rude or calling someone stupid he denies anything like that. but w/e

Cinemaddiction
I deny being an ******* to people who are too stubborn to listen? I don't think so; I'd shout it from the rooftops.

Major Knight
dude remember the time u said something like me and stormy had a inteligeance lvl of a kid i think, then when stormy asked if you just called him stupid and u totally backed down and said no you didn't even though the sentence clearly stated that you were calling us stupid. you always do shit like that. but no worries man i dont care how u act, its fun to have arguments with, other wise i would be board on this forum.

Stormy Day
Yeah,so true big grin

hysterical I remember that.Its funny how he's just right all the time and everybody else it stupid and doesnt know what there talking about.

Major Knight
lol exactly. cuase god knows he's never wrong lol.

Cinemaddiction
All I ever said was that you and Stormy were on the same brainlength, given you're both usually pretty stubborn, don't like to listen to reason, and present opinion as fact.

Not once did I call anyone stupid, nor use the word. In addition, I never claimed to be right all of them. Take what I said however you want, I left it open to interpretation.

Major Knight
your telling me that saying me and stormy had the same brainleanth is nothing like saying were stupid. i would really have to be stupid to have thought it ment anything else. and by even saying me and stormy not listening to reason i take it your just spilling another fact that your always right becuas eyour the only one that usally agrues with me.

Mr Zero
I can't believe I missed this thread ! Look at all the ill tempered bitterness thats gone down without me....

Rather than going back over the points that baldnuts and his buddies have pointed out - let me say that I was a fan of blade from back when he was an afro sporting hipster in the Gene Colan styled comics.

If Gene had drawn him in a skintight yellow suit with a big "B" on the chest we wouldn't be having the conversation: the nay-sayers are confused because of the way blade dresses, not because of his abilities.

Appearing in a comicbook fighting badness and getting superpowers from being bitten by something weird - Blade or Spider-man? Doesnt matter both superheros as per the definition: Only the dress sense is different.

Major Knight
lol. u did miss alot of fighting. but still i just cant put my self to say that just becuase someone has powers makes them super hero, like batman has no powers but he is still a super hero. but say lets go past that, i dont realy feel like blade is being a hero by killing vamps even though its good he does i only out of a grudge against vamps for making him one to. he cares nothing about human kind or so he shows.

Red Superfly
He's actually protecting the innocent.

He's fighting an unseen enemy.

Just because the hero doesn't fight some diabolical madman that threatens to blow up a country doesn't mean his fight is any less significant.

Without Blade, the vampires would be running roughshod all over the place. Several have tried to take over the world/become all powerful. Blade has stopped them. Just because people don't go "Look there goes Blade to save the day" doesn't mean he ain't a superhero.

For crying out loud, read my last post, he does at least as much superhero type things as the likes of Wolverine, yet because Wolverine is part of the X-Men and dresses in traditional looking superhero get-up, nobody has any qualms about calling him a superhero.

Blade = superhero.

Anybody that has given any arguemnet against that fact, has done so with their own opinion and without fact.

Major Knight
i also said he does kill vamps but it is not to protect crap, he does it to make him happy becuase he hates vamps and nothing more. i would say he did protect one girl in the first movie but thats about it. he has no intention of being a hero or helping plp, maybe he does but he doesn't show it. i just read an old comic i found of spider-man with blade in it. and all he wanted was to kill one vamp and he killed anything in his way to do so even innecent plp that knew nothing about the vamp.

prozuim88
I would say that blade is'nt a super hero , I agree that he has certain
types of super human abllities , but I believe that he's a anti hero , he
does'nt fit the mainstream profile of a typical hero.

Blade's definitely not a zero, and I also believe the franchise has at least 1 or 2 more movies to offer !

Major Knight
exactly how i feel, he is more of anti hero. normal real super hero's are all "save him save her" kinda stuff. which blade is nothing like. but i would dissagree with the movie thing, once you make a shitty shitty film like blade 2 u might find hard times to make a better one. but i do pray it will be good.

Stormy Day
I liked blade 2 I havent seen the first in a long time :/

Major Knight
meh blade one was way better. just becuase more char depth. even htough 2 had better action.

Stormy Day
Yeah the action was awesome I didnt find the story bad either.I dont remember what it was tho confused

Cinemaddiction
"Blade" had little to offer in the way of character development. That was all in "Blade 2".

The plot in "Blade 2" was that Blade was approached by the Bloodpack to join sides with them to be rid of the Reapers and Damaskino's clan.

However, The Bloodpack figured they'd get Blade killed, knock off the Reapers, and they'd be the ones left standing. Of course, that didn't happen, and the only one left was Blade.

Stormy Day
And the point of that post was?

Cinemaddiction
To answer your question. What the f**k?

Stormy Day
I didnt have a question mark at the end shock

Cinemaddiction
Alright, I didn't answer your "question", I cleared up the plot which you didn't remember.

SnakeEyes
i repeat and still agree with my previous statement

Major Knight
ok i'll try to act as stupid as that.
i still do not know why this thread was created.
Blade is a superloser and thats that. if u think otherwise then you are wrong.
its simple.
jeez!
there happy snakeEyes, like realy who quotes them selves. lol

Stormy Day
laughing

trav6612
I would have to agree that Blade one was better than Blade two and I hope Blade three is better than them both, but as for Blade being a super-hero? I don't know about that. It would all be in the way you define hero, if you define a hero as killing bad guys than yes he does kill bad guys but if you say a hero is someone who protects the innocent and is all about saving him and her, I would say no.

Blade doesn't shed innocent blood but he isn't all about saving people, he is all about kicking some ass. that's that.

Major Knight
well i almost completely agree with u. but he actually has shed innocent blood, just to get to the vamp he was hunting. and he tried killing spider-man when he tried to stop him from killing mobious. or w/e his name is.

K3VIL
Never read so many dumb affermations in a whole thread.
Blade is a superhero.
Blade powers:

Superhuman Strenght Class 1, able to lift 1ton and 1ton and 500pounds when powered by blood.
Superhuman resistance to injuries
Fast Healing abilities, not uber like Wolverine, but sufficient to withstand in combat for hours if necessary.He has great stamina and can heal broken bones or medium level injuries in minutes.
Superhuman reflexes, so reaction time too.
Superhuman agility.

That doesn't make him super?Ok he's not in Spider-Man's league, but Captain America has peak HUMAN abilities and he's considered a superhero when he's under Blade in therm of physical powers.Anyway back in topic, Blade fought against Vampires and Demons, and other supernatural beings, to save mankind, from revenge, it become his mission.Spider-Man, Supes, and other heroes fought against enemies that are known to almost any human, i mean, mutants, metahumans, aliens, hi-tech criminals, and aliens.
Blade is a vampire/demon slayer, just because he possess powers above that of the most famous superheroes, that doens't make him to be not super.He's a superhero as the others, he fought another kind of enemies, but he save the world on various occasions.Not only those of the 3 movies, he defeat Lilith(a god) and save the world with the Midnight Sons, the supergroup in which were Ghost Rider, Johnny Blaze, and other dark heroes.He fought against Dracula, he fought against Varnae, he's a hero with all the requirements.

SnakeEyes
Are u trying to be funny or something, because your coming across as just another immature member. Maybe your trying to get a better reputation after Cinemaddiction handed your ass to you in an argument.
I apologize if i wasn't cool enough when i posted that statement, i didn't know it was required.

crying-freeman
He is a superfly super hero!!!!!

Cooties
No Ca. Stromy Day is right you are on his balls. And Superman has left metroplist. Super went to space, went across the world and has traveled to another dimemsion. WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT.

Cooties
He is a super0. No doudt about it.Blade isn't even fight real bad guys. Please. All he does is fight vampires. I bet u Spidey, Hulk and Wolv can take down any vampire, just name one.

-KRYLONblue
If Blade werent a hero, how come Marvel Comics( a comic company creating comics about HEROES)would give him his own comic. He started out in the tomb of dracula comics with hannibal king n such characters and yet Blade became such an impact to Stan Lee that Blade was given his own comic which by then Blade took on his more modern form. Blade is a hero yet better to be called an anti-hero. His actions heroic, yet he wants no attention. He just gets the job done. The Punisher is a great hero yet he kills for himself, its like masterbation. Blade he kills his enemies knowing that he will still make a small dent in the world. Blade and other dark heroes like morbius, ghost rider and dr.strange are a breath of fresh air to comics. Their different from other heroes with bright costumes, popularity, and baby kissing. Blade and these heroes thrive upon the pure satisfaction of helping peple from unbelievable things like vampies, demons, gods etc. upposed to robbers n aliens. ******SPOILERS TO BLADE TRINITY********* when blade and dracula faught dracula having the power to shape shift turned into blade right before the FBI came . As the FBI was going to do an autopsy on "BLADE" dracula turned from blade to his regular form. This shows that dracula a powerful being in comics, novels, and lore has respect for blade, by changing for so that blade could escape. Call him what you will but know this a hero needs not to posses superhuman abilities, strength etc., or become the apple of the public eye. A hero is one who helps through any gesture that will ultimately benefit human kind. Blade was featured in spiderman tv show to show that he was a hero, although his methods were different. Its his difference that makes him so appealing to people. Its the Darkness of the creatures he battles that makes him appealing. Blade posses superhuman strength and speed (vampire ability aquired at birth), yet he takes serum to prevent his full vampire abilities to come out so that no person would get hurt. This is heroic because he is using enough of his power to benefit humanity and holding back what power he can to cause no harm. Say what you want but i love Blade.

vampgirl8107

BlazingBarrells
blade is a superhero. hmmm. yes.

Zatch_Bell
Originally posted by Cinemaddiction
The purpose of this thread is to settle a personal dispute.

Do you, the movie going public, consider the comic book character "Blade" to be a super hero? Keeping in mind that characters such as the "X Men", "Hellboy", and "The Punisher", by comic cook definition, are classified as "super heroes".

Keep these points in mind when determining Blade's fate.

1) Originated as a MARVEL comic character
2) First appeared 30 years ago, in "Tomb of Dracula" # 10
3) Has a secret identity
4) Wears an easily identifiable costume
5) Has an arch-nemesis
6) Possesses super human strength
7) In the comics, belongs to a super hero stable w/ Morbius
8) Eliminates villians, so is considered a "hero"

Do you classify "Blade" himself as a "super hero", in relation to his movie franchise, given his comic origins, and supported background, or just an action movie character?

I wouldn't consider him a zero. To me he is another comic book hero

Zod4Life
I think that he's a superhero and I really like his character.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.