Peter Jackson may direct The Hobbit

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Mr Zero
UGH! I feel dirty just being in here. For those of you that never stray into the Killer Movies website for REAL news - they posted this snippet yesterday:

---

Peter Jackson may actually direct The Hobbit, the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Jackson has on many occasions expressed his interest in directing the sequel but due to legal issues of the rights to the J.R.R Tolkien being held by MGM and not New Line -- who made the recent trilogy.

Recently Variety reported that Time Warner who owns New Line is going to purchase MGM and so will share the rights with New Line, which in turn will help get the production get started on The Hobbit.

---

So - Good news for those illiterate swooning scum who squealed with glee over the shitty frickin mess he made of the LOTR - you can expect more of the same messy reliance on overpowering visuals and pointless changing of the characters and plot.

And let me say just one more time - when you cuddle down at night and gaze up longingly at your walls strewn with posters of the LOTR cast, you don't have the slightest clue what the Rings trilogy is.

And for those of you who read the books AFTER you saw the movies - and STILL like the films and make apologies for them, shame on you for the traitorous fools you are.

Agent Elrond
*wonders how many "Hobbit movie" threads there are?*
Next time, search for an old thread instead of manking a new one.

Mr Zero
This is the first piece of HARD news about the rights to the hobbit movie being untangled: I would have thought it would be of interest to LOTR movie fans.

However have it locked and fill your forum with "Orlando is hotter than Elijah" see if I care.

~*~Tassie~*~
no expression How delightful

no expression Welcome to the forum and thank you for your news, and we really value your opinion of us no expression

PippinTook
laughing out loud @ Tassie

You need anger management sessions or something, Mr Zero...confused Thank's for informing us about The Hobbit, but everyone's known about that for a while now....

And just for your information: Not everyone likes Orlando and Elijah....confused I, for example, can't stand either of them....

shaber
he's sensitive about treatment of criminals laughing out loud wonder why!

Mr Zero
From your profile;
Favorite Movie Stars: Everyone from the cast of LOTR

And no - everyone's not known about this for a while now, they only broke the legal news on Monday.

Sheesh. You people are so HOSTILE.

Mr Zero
I had forgotten about that - and yet you are still thinking about it?

You have no idea how happy that makes me...

A.D. Skinner
Although you seem the one that constantly needs to push and prod.

I for one am not a fangirl...I for one do read the news...I for one know that this rumor has been floating around for sometime...and if you had taken the time to read back in previous threads...you would see that this rumor has been brought up, but put on the back burner until something solid takes place.

So I award you by bringing up yet once again something not tangable...and get the rumor mill working.

And if you are not such a Fan of the movies of LOTR...why would you even come to this Forum anyway ???

~*~Tassie~*~
So what if she likes the LotR cast? blink I do, too, we're just not crazy over them.

We're not trying to be rude, but just re-read your first post-- doesn't it seem the least bit hostile to you? no expression

PippinTook
Thanks for sticking up for me, Tassie stick out tongue

She's right. Just cause I happen to like the LOTR cast doesn't mean I'm in love with them or something confused I just like LOTR and I think the cast did a great job.....

Listen to AD. He knows all stick out tongue And you best not argue with him, Mr Zero laughing out loud You'll get your a** kicked.

Mr Zero
Oh for the love of all thats holy: No wonder you like the movies because you sure as hell can't read...

"Variety reported that Time Warner who owns New Line is going to purchase MGM and so will share the rights with New Line."

Tangible enough for you?

The thing that was holding up any action on the Hobbit was the rights being held by MGM, if MGM is being bought by Warner - who also own New Line - Jackson will be able to make the movie if he so wishes, which everyone seems to think he will.

Personally, i'd rather he made Bad Taste II - but thats just me.

And I came in here because I like to help out the less fortunate once in a while so I can feel good about myself.

PippinTook
I warned you not to mess with AD roll eyes (sarcastic) But did you listen? Nooooooooo.

Mr Zero
I came into a forum to share some breaking news with my good buddies at the KMC because I'm a nice helpful chap...

And I happened to say to anyone who might be reading that anyone who likes the movies and considers themselves a FAN of the LOTR is - in my view- deluded... because Mr Jackson made a bloody mess of the story.

Not my fault if you people are taking it personal - i was being general....

A.D. Skinner
Actually I much prefer the books to the movies...but alas you wouldn't know that about me since you don't take the time to read anything...

Any Movie made from a Book cannot be word for word, and if that is what you were looking for...then I say you are a sorry soul and shouldn't expect a perfect world ! I tend to not like movies based on books, for the directors seem to change very important details to their own likings. I think PJ did an alright job...and for those that haven't read the books...he has opened a new world to them. The world of Tolkien.

But you don't see it that way...you just wanted to come in here...think you are all high and mighty by telling us something we already knew and talk down to the fans of the actors of the Trilogy.

I believe you said "UGH! I feel dirty just being in here." Then be gone and return from whatever rock it was that was kicked over !!!

Thorondor
a long delayed YAWN!

You're boring everyone with news everyone knows about...and insulting people on this forum while doing it, you're not welcome here....be gone!

PippinTook
Thorondor: Amen yes

Mr Zero
First thing I did was do a search in this forum before starting this thread and was surprised to see no-one had mentioned this news:

I must have missed it - point me to the post or thread where you guys were talking about it and i will humble myself to the point of shame.

(and no - I dont expect any film of a book to be perfect, but jacko changed the nature and personality of some of the characters in the films - how as a fan of the books you can support what he did to Faramir is beyond me?)

PippinTook
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f34/t295698.html

There's one confused

Thorondor
LOL clamped...even if there weren't any you were still being a complete @ss to everyone here and to be honest nobody is going to listen to you now because you insulted them and their friends.

PippinTook
Thorondor's right....Do you actually expect anyone to listen to you now that you've insulted us and you were wrong about there being no thread for The Hobbit (hehe wink I'm so good)? I hightly doubt it.

Mr Zero
Dear Pippin - how aptly named you are I realize that you are easily excited and not used to reading and such but PLEASE try to understand:

They have JUST announced that the legal debacle that was stopping any progress being made on the hobbit movie may have been cleared up. THAT was what my post is about.

I know your charming little nook here at KMC is filled with young people posting about the possibility of a Hobbit film: What i posted was NEWS about the LEGAL MESS being fixed to make it a real possibility.

feel free to PM me if you still dont understand that as i wouldn't like to take up any more space here in the thread.

A.D. Skinner
See...we don't need your assistance...we are quite inclined to get our own news !

~*~Tassie~*~
You insult my forum, you insult me..

It's common sense.. you come into a forum for the first time: "Ugh, I feel so filthy just being here... you don't have the slightest clue what the Rings trilogy is... shame on you for the traitorous fools you are.." and you expect us to kiss your feet for your old news ? no expression

Even if you don't find anything when you search, how is it that a newbie to the forum can be so absolute that there haven't been any threads on this?

I suggest you pack your attitude, and hurry back over to the "official site" where you came from, cuz this thread's closing, babe..

Mr Zero
If you people honestly cant tell the difference between wishful rumor and actual news then every suspicion I ever had about the people who made the LOTR films a success has been justified in one swoop.

Bless you all in your warm fuzzy world. I'll check in later to see if you have kicked the blankets off in your sleep.

PippinTook
You are filth mad

Mr Zero
Not...old...news....

do you folks ever READ posts?

PippinTook
Yeah, we read posts. That's how we've known about The Hobbit for a while now....Way before you entered our forum. You might think you have helped, but the truth is you just got everyone pissed by insulting us and what we love.

Thorondor
Zero.......YAWN! take the hint.

~*~Tassie~*~
OMG!! eek! Thank you SO much for the unnecessary news!! happy How can we ever repay ye for making us see what traitorous fools, and filthy members we are?! eek!

A.D. Skinner
Okay folks...

To end all of this bickering...I went and did a little homework and here is what I have found.

'The Hobbit' Rights May Be Coming To New Line

Peter Jackson may actually direct The Hobbit, the prequel to the Lord of the Rings trilogy.

Jackson has on many occasions expressed his interest in directing the sequel but due to legal issues of the rights to the J.R.R Tolkien being held by MGM and not New Line -- who made the recent trilogy.

Recently Variety reported that Time Warner who owns New Line is going to purchase MGM and so will share the rights with New Line, which in turn will help get the production get started on The Hobbit.

Now...according to our friends at CNN :

Sony's MGM bid hits 'complication'

The electronics and entertainment conglomerate is still in discussions to buy MGM for around $5 billion with partners Texas Pacific Group and Providence Equity Partners, but the two sides have been unable to hammer out an agreement.

Asked how the talks with MGM were going, Idei told Reuters: "There are some complications ... It's up to the MGM management now."

The deal to acquire MGM was seen as another step in Idei's vision of an interconnected world linking content with Sony's electronics devices, but some industry analysts have said the company should not engage in a bidding war for MGM.

Idei was in South Korea to attend a ceremony to mark the launch of Sony's liquid crystal display (LCD) joint venture with Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.

Sources close to the negotiations have said Time Warner Inc. plans to put together a deal aimed at matching Sony's offer to buy MGM and its coveted 4,000-title film library, which includes the "Pink Panther" and "Rocky" movies.

Earlier this month, MGM's chief executive, Alex Yemenidjian, told a shareholders' meeting that additional "strategic alternatives" had emerged in the bidding for MGM, and the company would take its time to consider all proposals.

Sony executives have said it plans to take a conservative approach regarding its MGM bid. Sony's movie studio is riding high on the popularity of this year's blockbuster hit "Spider-Man 2," but it has not always been so successful.

Its purchase of Columbia Pictures in 1989 for $3.4 billion, which at the time was the largest acquisition by a Japanese firm, caused numerous headaches for Sony due to losses from elaborate spending budgets and box office duds.

Shares of Sony closed up 0.5 percent at 4010 yen in Tokyo, compared with a 0.46 percent rise in the benchmark Nikkei average. MGM shares closed down 0.48 percent at $12.51 on Wednesday in New York trade.

Time Warner is the parent company of CNN.

Nowhere has it said that Time Warner has won the bidding process to my eyes...and I do believe that talks are still in the works..therefore making it still a RUMOR !!!!

PippinTook
Thanks for that, AD yes

A.D. Skinner
More than welcome ! big grin

PippinTook
smile

Storm
Forum Guidelines & Rules
Courtesy
Don't attack others. Personal attacks on others will not be tolerated. Challenge others' points of view and opinions, but do so respectfully and thoughtfully ... without insult and personal attack.

Offensive and rude behavior will not be tolerated here at KMC!

Consider this an official warning Mr Zero!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.