I guess i was wronG

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MythBlazer
I always thought that Episode 5 and 6 were directed by George Lucas

Jedi Priestess
EMPIRE STRIKES BACK Directed byIrvin Kershner with George Lucas as executive producer
RETURN OF THE JEDI Directed byRichard Marquand with George Lucas as executive producer.

and I didnt know that either. I wonder why? I'm sure someone here knows.

MythBlazer
was 4 directed by him??
i know 1 and 2 are

Corran
Star Wars: A New hope was

yerssot
he got a stroke during ANH, making him afraid to go to the same stress for the next two movies

he did it again for TPM again (and later AOTC) cause he wanted to press his vision on it, showing how he saw the story and not others

Jedi Priestess
GL had a stroke?

yerssot
when shooting ANH... it's said somewhere...

Jedi Priestess
wow I had no idea..........

yerssot
I think it's on the BTM cd

Ushgarak
He made himself quite unwell.

Worth nothing, however, that GL did still do a lot oif directing work on V and VI.

Kershner was VERY good.

Melkórë
Kershner was BEST.
GL was good too, on ANH.
Marquand was good too.

JKozzy
I was watching The Empire Strikes Back yesterday and noticed that it wasn't directed by Lucas... I was about to come on and make the same thread.

Strange, but oh well. The movies haven't changed since I found that out, so it's all good. stick out tongue

Capt_Fantastic
Lucas did do a lot of direction on the key scenes. I know he personally oversaw the filming of the scenes between Luke and Vader with the Emperor

Mr Zero
ESB was directed by Kershner and perhaps more importantlyscripted by Leigh Brackett and Lawrence Kasdan (who also scripted ROTJ) from plot outlines by George

Which is why they are better. If only George had left ROTJ based on the wookie homeworld as Kasdan wanted .... ah well.

Ushgarak
If it is going to become 'who made ESB great' then you shouldn't miss out Gary Kurtz. But we really are focussing on direction here.

Wookie homeworld was on the drawing board before Kasdan got involved, actually.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.