Dark Tower VII

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Primitive Screwhead #1
Grant Books just announced orders are being taken for Dark Tower VII, to be shipped in the fall. Anyone here been ordering either the Artist's or Deluxe Editions of the previous books... and are you considering adding the final one to your collection?

Predator 89
I'l probly rent the The final dark tower book and if its good then i'll buy the whole series.

Primitive Screwhead #1
You finish Wizard and Glass yet, Predator?

Predator 89
Yes Wizard and glass is now my favorite from the dark tower series. I like the way Stephen King dedicated nearly the whole book on Rolands past it gives him a more human feeling too him. Also i like the part about Rolands first love Susan. Primitive screwhead how was Dark Tower IV?

Primitive Screwhead #1
Wizard in Glass was IV, I think you meant V... Wolves of the Calla. I liked it better than Wizard, but not as good as the Waste Lands. Song of Susannah (VI) is good, but rather short. Apparently King made up for it in the final book, which clocks in at just under 900 pages, based on what I read in my Grant publications newsletter.

ragesRemorse
how many more books is king going to put out before he retires? gunslinger is still my favorite, wastelands second, wolves of calla third. I think the drawing of the three was my least favorite

Primitive Screwhead #1
He probably hs quite a few that he's worked on the past that will filter out once he stops writing. Kind of a retirement plan, if you will.

MasterWizard
My favoutire Dark Tower book was The Drawing of the Three. My least favourite was The Waste Lands. I'm almost finished Wolves of the Calla, and so far it's my second favourite.

Predator 89
I liked wastelands the most before reading wizard and glass now that i'm done with that i can read wolves, but after that i'm not so sure i want to read songs since there have been a lot of really bad reviews lately. Master wizard what did you think about Wizard and glass, have you read it?

MasterWizard
I have read it, and it was really good. Not the best of the bunch in my opinion, but good nontheless. You have to start it, knowing that a little ways in you're going to start reading another story within the story. Except you already know the main characters a little (Roland, Alain, Cuthbert, Susan)

Primitive Screwhead #1
My order of preference:

Waste Lands
Wolves of the Calla
Wizard and Glass
The Gunslinger
Drawing of the Three
Song of Susannah

Primitive Screwhead #1
For those of you collectors with disposable income, you might want to look at the below link. In addition to getting the Artist's signed edition of the Dark Tower VII, they're packaging up with a special edition of The Talisman/Black House autographed both by the artist and by co-author Peter Straub. A little pricy, but not as much as it will be when they sell out.eek

http://secure.grantbooks.com/z-sk-dt-7.html

Predator 89
looks cool but i think i'll buy a retail version at a book store when it comes out.

Primitive Screwhead #1
You can buy my hardcover editions of Talisman and Black House if you want... I went ahead and sprang for the special edition. cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.