#@!$!#!#@!!!! Windows Media Player CD Burner!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jedi Priestess
Ok I have a question here........for some reason I have burn problems about every other disk. And WMP help file is crap! I have checked and changed my recording speed, tried different disks and still having this bloody problem. Can anyone recommend a FIX or a downloadable FREE burning program?

Phoenix
RealPlayer or RealPlayerPlus. I use it for all my burnings, and it rarely gives me trouble ((every so often a track won't work, but that is rare))

JKozzy
Real software made my computer mess up, it tried to take over everything when I just wanted it to play .RM files, so I got RealSubstitute or something that just installs the Real codec... I don't like Real erm

Phoenix
well it gives you options when you install - media can default to realplayer or to another program, you just have to tick the right boxes

JKozzy
I unchecked them all, minus the RM, and it still did it anyway. messed

yerssot
Nero Burning works well

JKozzy
Yes, I have Nero 5.9 smile

yerssot
6 and higher is out

furryman
I have Nero pirate

yerssot
so have me, myself and I

Stealth Agent
I have a question what about DVD burning can you get that free?

yerssot
nero too

Jedi Priestess
ok I tried Nero...same deal gets almost done and then NOTHING just a could not burn message. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR! at this!! mad mad mad mad mad mad

yerssot
then something is wrong with your writer stick out tongue

Jedi Priestess
sad messed oh I was SO hoping not to hear that. sad

how can that be tho because I am able to burn occasionaly and usually only a small cd not 80mins.

yerssot
probably the reader... have you cleaned it?

Jedi Priestess
how does one do that?

yerssot
there are special cd's out there that do that

Jedi Priestess
kk I'll give that a try....thanx yerssie smile

yerssot
we continue to protect and serve wink

Jedi Priestess
rut ro a cop eek!

Raz
Are you possibily using cheap CD media? It's known to cause problems.

Try writing at 1x speed, or try a different brand of CDRs.

Stealth Agent
Im not a computer exspert but if you don't have a DVD burner that comes with your computer can you download one?

yerssot
the hardware not of course, the software yes

there are plenty progs doing that
nero is quite popular

Stealth Agent
so it would still be able to burn DVD's?

Would it be any good?

Can i get a link to Nero please

BadKitty
I had nero...I didn't know it had a DVD program,just cdrw..huh seems like I wasted my money.

TOH
Well, what kind of burn problem? confused

Jedi Priestess
it will start to burn and then usually right when its closing the disk it quits and the error message pops up

TOH
What does exactly say the pop-up?

yerssot
it depens on your version, I believe nero 5 or 6 started the DVD feature... not sure, but what I am sure of ... 6 has it smile

oh and the link asked in the post above BKKs:
http://www.ahead.de/en/index.html

(free trial to download...well,... "trial" of course wink)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.