No! No! No! We Don't!!!!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

big gay kirk
There was a programme about paganism on Channel 4 (UK) last nite... now, I'm a pagan, and I make no secret of it... all I have had today at work is "Do you really s**g horses?" getting a bit fed up of saying "no, and if you'd watched you'd have understood that its just a fertility and power symbol, not to be taken literally..." so next time someone asks, I'm just going to say "yes..." But no, everybody, we Pagans (and there's lots of different types) have no religious compunction to s**g horses....

Nazgulinthedark
no expression ok....

dave123
so do you or dont you?

.:†Ferrari†:.
okay....

confused

lil bitchiness
Watched that last night.

Actually sex with horses, or so the programme said, was the reflect of power...

It was kinda weird, the whole programme, but kinda educational too, i guess.

Linkalicious
wow...well...my drugs must be better than yours! one eye

Pyrofly
laughing must be wink

Discos
whoa......talk about issues

Clovie
blink i don't get it.

Corran
You don't and neither do the horses apparently.

big gay kirk
Not sure anymore.... been celibate for three years... even Nazgulinthedark's starting to look good.....

Sauron
No no, you miss the point, apparently the horses do get it... eek!

furryman
Row, row, row the boat!!!!!!

JKozzy
Can someone refresh my memory what Paganism is? embarrasment

lil bitchiness
laughing out loud

big gay kirk
But not, I hasten to add, from me.....

Nazgulinthedark
no expression

sad

§pearhead
messed ditto that, please sad

RaventheOnly
Pagans are non-christian believers...mainly those who worship nature

Black Onyx
i have no religon im kinda against th rules in it like christians tell you not to listen to music such as manson or slipknot which i dearly love

Nazgulinthedark
i have never ever heard the chirstian church say that no expression

or atleast the catholic part of the church erm

Corran
Paganism is not new or unusual in our modern life. For many people it exists less as an active religion than as parts of our popular culture. Halloween costumes and treats, Christmas trees and mistletoe, Easter bunnies and eggs, maypole dances, harvest festivals and hundreds of other folkways began as Pagan practices. Modern-day Pagans seek to restore the religious context of these practices.

Defining Paganism

The origin of the word pagan is from the Latin paganus, meaning a country dweller. When cities were Christianized the people in the country continued to practice the old religions. The word pagan took on the meaning of "those folks out there in the sticks who still do all that old-fashioned stuff." Later it came to mean any member of an indigenous folk or tribal religion or anyone who was not "of the Book" (i.e., the Koran, Bible, Torah).

Pagan religions originated in a time when people lived close to the land. Pagan theologies reflect an awareness of nature with its cycles of the seasons, as well as the cycles and seasons of human life. Such awareness is a common thread among Pagans today. Few modern Pagans can fully know or follow how our ancestors worshiped. Instead we invent and reinvent our religious practices, and even our beliefs, as we determine how they resonate with our contemporary lives. Some people prefer to use the word "Neopagan" to describe this form of modern Paganism.

We capitalize the words Pagan and Paganism in accordance with standard practices for religious names, e.g., Buddhist and Buddhism, Muslim and Islam. Paganism is a vital, genuine -- and growing! -- spiritual path.

What Pagans Believe

Modern Pagan theology is like a great tapestry with strands originating in many distinct religious traditions. Contemporary Pagans may embrace all or part of the Pagan tapestry. Some Pagans explore their ethnic roots and discover the indigenous practices of their ancestors. Others incorporate indigenous practices that belong to a wide variety of cultures. Still other Pagans follow newly created practices. Common among these Pagans is their tie to nature in a way that resonates with their inner spiritual voice.

Some Pagans believe in the Goddesses and Gods of the old religions and others do not. Many Pagans understand deity as immanent, in everything, and believe revelation is found in nature instead of written in scriptures. Some believe in an afterlife and that their actions in this life will determine their place in the next. Others believe only in this life and that their actions here are all that matters. Still others believe in reincarnation. Some Pagans believe in an active Spirit World while others do not. Because Paganism is a non-creedal religion such divergent beliefs can exist together under one religious name -- just like in Unitarian Universalism!

Many modern Pagans find their beliefs are very much in harmony with Unitarian Universalist Principles, especially the reverence for "the interdependent web of which we are a part."

big gay kirk
Well said Corran... couldn't have put it better myself.... I've been accused of being godless, to which I answered that I'm actually the opposite... I believe in all gods.. just not necessarily in the way that that god's followers do... I actually was interviewed by my District Commissioner at Scouts because a Christian County commissioner wasn't sure if my faith was compatible with Scouting.... even now we are mistrusted by some elements... as it was, my DC thought it was a lot of fuss about nothing, and thought she ought to be looking at the leaders we have who have no real faith... my ASL Blossom supported me... and he's a fundamentalist Baptist!! And no, I don't s**g horses....

Fëanor
well if you ask me and i know that you didn't, but a s**gged horse is an unhappy horse if the horse of course is the famous mr. ed... stick out tongue

§nakehead
Of course gay kirk dosent s@gh horses............he sacrifices puppies to satan.

big gay kirk
sssshhhhhh! Don't tell everybody!! evil face

§nakehead
why should I? You sacrificed my chuiwaha yesterday.

Discos
ah I applaud you, cheeky one!

Melkórë
So......am I a Pagan?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.