the similarities with I, Robot <<SPOILER>>

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

burly brawler
i have just seen I, Robot a couple of days ago. the resemblance to the plot of the matrix is extraordinary! first that i have notice, the truth of the one verusu the truth of the many. just like neo fought smith, sonny (the "killer bot"wink fought the NS-5's. and just like neo and smith, sonny and the NS-5's are in essence the same but opposites (hope that made sense). the way that sonny was chosen to do a special task just as with neo.

the next one is how B166ER and sonny killed. granted for disimilar reasons but "killers" none the less. also both of them were "scared" to be deleted and decommissioned.

the next is deus ex machina and viki, the brain of the machine world, the AI. the artificial intelligence that naturally evovled and had free will.

the next is the rules of the matrix and the 3 laws of robotics. both can be bent or be broken. if i say more, i will reveal too much of 'i,robot'

the most obvious one being man against machine. which is the main plot line of 'i, robot' and the matrix.

these are only the obvious similarities from both movies. too much typing and thinking to post the more subtle ones... if you have any additions please do...

Real
you're reading into it way too much...the story is very much different from what happend in the matrix or even TSR...the events leading up to TSR and the war in I,Robot were under completely different circumstances...

JKozzy
yes

They're not related, stop trying to 'find' connections, because there are no true ones.

Anywien
You know what? Who cares? Every movie in existence will have some similarity to at least one other movie, if not more. If you want to go around picking all the similarities out, go ahead, but eventually you'll get tired of it.

burly brawler
relax people. i'm not sayig they are the same. both movies are way different from each other, i just find these similarities interesting. i know that "i robot" was written before, waaaay before the conception of the matrix. similar is not the same as, well, same...

Raz
closed at the request of thread starter.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.