Internet connection Help!!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tptmanno1
On my PC my internet connection is being retarted.
It's dial up. (Don't yell at me or say crap like "get DSL" please)
It dials and connects fine but when i wanna open an explorer browser of run aim it doesn't work. When I try to open a web page it loads reeaaaaaallly slow then goes to the "cant find server" thingy. But it says that it's connecting at 48.0 bpm
I dunno what to do! help me!!

Silver Stardust
Ummm...disconnect and try reconnecting? I don't know...

My computer used to do that when we still had dialup messed Pissed me off mad

JKozzy
*yells at you*
*doesn't say to get DSL*
*says to get cable instead*

yerssot
download other browsers and see if they have the same problem
if they give the same problem, it's clearly not IE's fault ...for once and it might be a problem of your pc or server

Raz
Do you have other telephones connected to the line? Try disconnecting them.

Also check for noise on the line. You'll have to get your service provider to sort that out.

Ushgarak
Get DSL... (ducks)

Do you know what bpm in this case means? Because if that is seriously 48 bits per minute then that is slow beyond all sense, and even bytes isn't much of an improvement.

Other than what others have said- when it dials in, is the mad modem noise the same as normal? When my old modems were running slow they always took a lot longer to dial in, and made a different tone.

Dexx
that sometimes happens to me too...but then again..the phone line is simply clogged. pick up the phone and see what you can hear...dial a number and wait for it to ring once. then try again. if not..simply wait smile

Tptmanno1
Ok I fixed it. I broke down and bought a new modem. Dunno if it was the specific problem but it fixed it!

Ush> I know its BPS but posted just before I realized that.

I am taking collections for the "Tpt wants DSL" charity fund!

Stealth Agent
Hold on i think I might have some lint in my wallet
let me get that out

yerssot
out of interest...

what modem did you had? (I had huge problems with my first -adsl- modem, perhaps it's the same manufacturer)

Tptmanno1
I dunno, It came with the computer and was a b!tch to get drivers for. It was like the Compaq brand modem

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.