What Does It Mean?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ahnold
Blofeld: {Trying to persuade Bond to let him go} "I'll buy you a delicatessen...in stainless steel!!!"

What in the HELL does this mean? It's possibly the most worthless promise a villain has ever given in the history of cinema...

yerssot
can you give the movie please? blink

Ahnold
Gasp! How can you not have heard of this gem from "For your eyes only"? I'm disappointed yerssot...

yerssot
I am too, cause the tape got destroyed by my recorder last time I wanted to watch it

Ahnold
Sure... we believe you... wink

Evy_O
I dunno, perhaps it has some wicket hidden meaning we're not familiar with eek!

confused

Kaleanae
Blofeld is going to give him a cat messed

yerssot
a steel cat? blink

Ahnold
A delicatessan isn't a cat!!!

yerssot
perhaps he just ment bullets from steel?

Ahnold
Wha? I don't get your post...

And how in the hell do you respond so quickly to my posts yerssot? *Wonders If I'm Being Watched...*

yerssot
well, he says stainless steel...perhaps he confused it with bullets?

Ahnold
Still not getting this...

I don't think Blofeld confused anything. I just don't see why a delicatessan in stainless steel is supposed to be appealing...

yerssot
perhaps he ment to smack stainless steel into Bonds head?

Ahnold
Huh??? What's the confusion, yerssot? He offered to buy JB a delicatessan. What's the point in that?

yerssot
he wanted to feed him to death?

Ahnold
I can just picture Blofeld bragging about how he killed the great James Bond with a massive coronary...

yerssot
he placed them in a slowly going elaborate deadwink

The Redeemer
Indeed, I could never work that one out...probabley some sort on injoke among the scriptwriters...

yerssot
what about the scene? does that reveal more?

The Redeemer
Nah...just Blofeld going down the chimney...

yerssot
I'll try and look it up eek!

The Redeemer
Actually, besides the silly payoff, it's quite a well done action scene with a really good use of models ... big grin

yerssot
you mean old and full of itself?

The Redeemer
Touche, old boy... laughing out loud

yerssot
buuut, lets not deviate ... wink

Ahnold
The comical "whistle" as Blofeld falls down the chimney is also a bit much to take. I mean, if you look back to Blofeld's first cinematic appearance in FRWL {where he was really intimidating} this hardly seems like an appropriate death for such a character. It's a farce!

yerssot
but it's not sure it's him stick out tongue

Reborn Again
This line was mentioned in Cubby's autobiography WHEN THE SNOW MELTS. It refers to Italian mafia members offering this as a bribe to get something in exchange. A delicatessen in stainless steel was and still is the top of the line quality. Simply put, your food is better prepared on a surface that is easily cleaned and will not have bacteria clinging to it. Unlike a wooden cutting board or other surfaces. Also, keep in mind that many vendors during the early 1900s sold their food on the streets of New York in carts. If someone had a shoppe or delicatessen, they were obviously doing very well.

411 gathered from http://www.ajb007.co.uk/index.php?topic=17525

Btw Bond Fans, this is a great forum!

Ahnold
Oh... well that's not v. funny...

yerssot
bribery... that's a new one messed

Ahnold
Oh please stop making that face messed yerssot!

If you do, I'll buy you a delicatessan... in stainless steel...

yerssot
what do I have to do to get that stick out tongue

Ahnold
The question is, would you really want one?

yerssot
it didn't work for Bond so wouldn't work for me either stick out tongue

Ahnold
{Ahnold falls down a chimney stack}

Mr. yersssoooooooottttttt...

yerssot
don't lose your head wink

Ahnold
Isn't the quip "Keep your hair on"?

yerssot
they use that phrase I wrote in the disney movie of the Three Musketeers with Chris O'Donell and Charlie Sheen

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.