the piano?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

m!$hA
hey fellow kmcians.
ive learned the piano before when i was younger. i took lessons then quit then took lessons again and then quit. we have a piano at our house and from time to time i play a few tunes....im not that great at it, but im also not that bad. i can use both hands but i only just started to learn how to use my left one at the same time as my right one before i quit so im not too good at it.
id really like to be able to play the piano when im older, but i dont know if i can be bothered learning!
what should i do?
a) start up lessons again
b) learn out of a book and teach myself (ive sort of been doing that since ive quit but not really leanring anything...just playing songs)
c) give it up!

and please be honest guys! i cant stand lies.

Túrelie
well it depends on too things
a) how much money you have lessons are dear
and
b) how well u wanna play

m!$hA
a) its my parent's who'd be spending the money so ive got enough for lessons!
b) lets just say id like to be like alicia keys....but i dunno if i have enough motivation in me erm

.:†Ferrari†:.
well if you have came that far, then start it again...

m!$hA
but do you think im too old to learn again...im not saying im old...its just. you know. its better to start younger? and id have to practically start again erm

Fallen Jedi
you could do both a and b. take lessons and then when your off practicing on your own you could take that extra step. happy teach yourself a thing or two.

m!$hA
yes i might f-j (havnt talked to you in ages babe. whats up?)

got a point there, i always wanted to play the guitar really good, but i do boxing now, got no time for instruments...

Fallen Jedi
hey misha. yeah, its been a while, hasn't it? i'm doing great! all smilie this morning. big grin big grin big grin just got off the phone with my boyfriend. he's so sweet. i love him to death. what about you?

m!$hA
i wanna play the guitar too!
but id much rather the piano...it's so...i dunno. i guess on the guitar i could just silently strum away when i was upset. id really like that!

but my friend has my guitar! im so angry! well i guess its the family guitar, but still! noone told me before they were "lending" it to MY friend! shes had it for ages and even though i never used it i miss it sad

why not try Boxing

Corran
I voted for lessons, that's how I learned, it's more useful than out of a book cos you get someone else input and they'll push you more than youtrself

SeptemberRain
I play piano, i hate the lessons, but im good at making up my own stuff

m!$hA
@ f-j: well im not doing as good as you sad no boyfriend, tho im craving one like hell! but theres this one guy eek! weve only met up twice but he seems really right for me, and my friends think so too...the only thing is that im not sure if he likes me or not erm hes gone to america at the moment and he said "ill try msg you but i dunno if my phone will get service!" which im sure it would but i didnt wanna say that!
i really miss him (even though ive only met him twice) and i really wanna msg him...but i dont wanna seem desperate erm but for all i know i might not like him....i mean apart from the last boyfriend i had which lasted a week so im not counting that, my last boyfriend was last year in september...and ive been missing the warm, loved feeling you get from having a boyfriend....so maybe this guy is just making me feel like i have a crush on him coz he's treating me so nicely and ive only just met him...so of course im excited!

does that make sence?

Fallen Jedi
misha, you are one lucky girl. i wish i had some form of musical talent. i've always wanted to learn to play the piano...oh, and the violen...the guitar too. electric! cool

m!$hA
@ ferrari: hm, im not a sporty person....at all!
@ september: have you ever taken lessons?
@ corran: yes ok then!

m!$hA
*shudders* i learned the violin for 3 yrs and i hated it...........woah now i think of it i am quite talented in the musical feild...coz i have to admit i was quite good at it...and altho i dont know it that much im pretty good at piano...maybe ive finally found something im good at eek!

§pearhead
How good are you at it? Y'might wanna try lessons, at least at first

well, in boxing gota keep fit and tough, so i see it isnt the right thing for you misha

Fallen Jedi
i know what you mean, about craving the attention from a guy, especially from a boyfriend. being single is not a bad thing. sometimes being alone and on your own is a good thing. room to breathe and flirt with whoever you want.

if you're interested in the guy go ahead and msg him. that's not seeming desperate at all. just sound casual about it.

SeptemberRain
yup, i do

m!$hA
yeah and id probly loose weight doing boxing too!

and spear....(i was just talking about you) hm, well you know im probly the most modest person on kmc....so im not gonna say im the best because i dont think that way personally erm id say....imo im reasonable! i have trouble with some peices but i can manage most of em really well and everyone said i was a natural from the beginning (tho they couldve just been saying that 2 be nice)

m!$hA
@ sep: ok then! thumb up

are you tough enough misha, can you take like, 3 full force jabs into the Face???

SeptemberRain
Taking lessons does suck, but i like the piano

§pearhead
not gonna ask messed

anywho, I know what you're saying...and basically, if you remember how to play, then you should start teaching yourself again, but if not, you ought to take up lessons again, at least for a little while, to get back in the swing of things

m!$hA
well, i just feel that maybe im being desperate for these reasons
1) for every mesage hes sent me ive probly sent him two
2) since weve only met once i dont know how he feels about me
3) saying "i dunno if my phone will be in service" could easily be saying politely "im not gonna message you for at least two weeks"
4) he could like my frined im not sure (tho luckilly for me shes taken)

yeah being single is great i gotta admit. the flirting is great, but theres the people who are good single you know? they prefer to be single...they prefer the flirting...they just prefer the whole atmosphere...but me...im more of a taken girl! i prefer the touchy stuff with the one guy! i love being with a guy i love..i just cant stop smiling! i love it when they touch me and kiss me! im addicted to it!

m!$hA
i think what i might do is get mum to buy me a book thats a little more advanced then the ones i have now and work my way through it, learning to play every song! if thats too hard ill think about lessons...if not ill just work my way up the hardness!

dont worry spear, i was just saying 2 ferrari how you didnt really like me when i first came to kmc...but now were pretty good mates! hug

and since im so underweight and im a girl, no i probly couldnt take 3 punches let along 1 messed so boxing is a definite nono for me!

yeah okay...

Friends it is

m!$hA
cheers

Fallen Jedi
omg, you sound like me! i don't mind being single but when that right guy comes along, things are perfect. you can't stop smiling. you're off in your own little word thinking about him and only him. yeah, i'm going through that right now. its been a while since i've talked to him, but hearing his voice is the greatest sound in the world. he always knows what to say.

first of all, how long have you and this guy been talking? so you've only met once? did he through any signals out there? maybe ask one of his friends if he's interested. doing a little investigating can be fun. oh, and maybe his phone really might not be in service. that or he could be spending a lot of time away. i'm assuming he's on vacation visiting family and everything. when i went off to vegas, i hardly had time to chat on my cell, let alone talk to my boyfriend. we managed though. likes one of your friends? has there been some sort of indication of that?

m!$hA
and i love the fact that with this guy......he's no total hotty to tell you the truth...when one of my friends first saw him, he was coming up to me and i heard her go behind me 'urgh!' but because i like him so much, he's hot....you know what i mean?
well...ive met him in person twice. heres the story.
i was at rock ed (dancing) and he came to our school to shoot some hoops.....my friend and i met up near him and she was like 'whos that' an i was like 'i dunno!' anyway we started talking to him, then (5 mins later) she said that she had to go back upstairs to the gym. i talked to him for another 15/20 mins when my mum came and (because shes so strickt and would ask so many questions if she saw me talking to him) i quickly rushed upstairs and got my back, ran back downstairs and said by as i was hopping in the car.
my friend called me later that night to say he asked for her number! anyways she gave him my number and thats how we started msgin each ova. me being the person i am added little 'xxoo' at the end of my messages and two that he replied to have litle 'xo' after them! he's messaged me more than he has my friend, and me an him are on the same plan (virgin) so its only 5c to msg each other!
anyways he msgs me saying 'so do u wanna meet up gain next time you got rock ed' and the arrgaement was me and my friend meet up with him and hed bring a friend! but my friend decided not to go then he said that his friend was suspended from skool so couldnt meet up with us!

here are the ups and downs:

he could like her more b/cause:
he actually asked her for her number!
shes prettier than me

he could like me more b/cause:
she showed me the msgs hed sent her and one of em actually said 'so whats your friends name & number? i didnt even get it off her!'
weve talked longer
her put the 'xo' after the msgs (that could only be coz i did too an he was being nice!)
hes msgd me more (that could b coz its only 5c tho)

messed

m!$hA
yeah this is starting to become girl talk! you might wanna leve b/fore you get too freaked out stick out tongue

m!$hA
actualy...what do YOU think of all this ferrari??? how do you think he feels bout me? from a guys point of view??

eek! oh and f-j i forgot to mention hes a yr older than me eek! how perfect!

§pearhead
I don't follow any of that

I swear you talk in a different language confused

m!$hA
it's called "girl talk" stick out tongue

na, i can handle it
thumbsup

m!$hA
whoopsies (edited)

wellllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll, he could cheat on you, you know like find someone else without you knowing... maybe

m!$hA
but thats the thing ... i feel i know him so well! and there are some guys who, no matter how well you do/dont know them...you just KNOW that they wouldnt cheat on you or hurt yo or anything... and i know he's one of them! i know he'd treat me right ... just how i want to be treated!

hmm, my sis doesnt even trust her boyfriend going out at night with his friends for a drink at the pub or something...

§pearhead
Misha, Misha, Misha...how many times do you think I've heard people say that? And about half the time, they're wrong...

m!$hA
well theres the guys you can trust....and the guys you cant! i'd trust this guy going to a night club!

m!$hA
but like i said...some you can just KNOW you can trust them!
ok....like say if you dated a geek.....you KNOW you can trust them right! it's like him..hes not a geek but iknow i can trust him!
ive been through the stage of thinking i can trust people ..... and ive been hurt.....but i know the difference ok? i KNOW i can trust him!

yeah but my sis has been goin out wiv him for like 2yr now
oh and btw i know he doesnt cheat on my sis, hes not like that..

m!$hA
*sighs* ok you dont understand! maybe its a girl thing!

anyways i need to go, and i dont know if f-j is typing a long reply .... or just not here...so i dnt know wether to wait or go erm

Fallen Jedi
pyro you're hilarious. laughing

from what you told me, misha, it seems like the guy has a thing for you and it looks as if he's being all buddy buddy with your friend to get the inside track. the whole name and number thing kind of gave that away. so he asked for her number first, huh? he might have originally had a crush on your friend, but after talking with you, it seems like he's developed a thing for you.

oh, and the reason he might have canceled on you is because he might be too afraid to hang out with just you. maybe that's why he wanted to bring a friend and when he heard your friend wasn't coming, he kinda freaked out.

well, cya misha

oh Shit, boxing practice..

m!$hA
no fj, he still came! he said 'my friend cant come' but he still came!
i just cant wait till he gets back! if he hasnt msgd me within a week that the holidays are over then i guess i should forget about it sad

§pearhead
I'm not saying don't trust him--I've never said that. What I am saying is that there will more likely than not be a time that it crosses his mind to do something that would, wittingly or unwittingly, betray you or your trust. You can never know someone too well, and to be honest, you've talked to the guy in person twice? And the rest has been text messaging?

Maybe for you, but for me, that's not trust erm

m!$hA
i understand what your saying totally love. i understand that it probly seems really stupid to you guys that iva talked to him 2wice and i already like him more than a friend!!
i trust him! ive been in a relationship with someone like this.....i knew he'd never hurt me and frankly he never did! i knew i could trust him coz it's the kinda guy he is! its just like with him!

§pearhead
I hope you know what you're doing, hun

Fallen Jedi
well, just keep your options open. you never know. there might be some factor you don't know about.

oh, and i completely understand the whole trust thing you have with this guy. the whole msging and talking on the phone thing. i'll PM you the story when you have more time.

m!$hA
@ f-j: okis babe! thanx! love to hear the gossip stick out tongue
@ spear: i do sexy! and if im ever in doubt ill just think of you. my sexy role model!

anyways love yall, gotta go to bed now yawn
xxoo misha!
winkiss

Shadow_Fox
I've only played the piano since I was 14 so 4 years and all... but if I were you I'd go with a. it help to have someone there to help you instead of doing it on your own. My teacher didn't have anything to teach me so I've become a part of the Houston Texas piano society. Then again my teacher rushed me. the best and fastest thing I can play right now is "great balls of fire" messed

Nazgulinthedark
take lessons again! i toke then for 4 years and i was really good, and then i quit because i had band all the time, and i can barely play anymore!

Corran
Well I think that's a resounding vote for the lessons

hobbit_dude
I'd say... give it up erm many ppl had told u to keep n ad stuff but u keep like poiting at bad things abouyt that so i would say just give it up!

*ready to all the "r u crazy?" here erm*

Discos
I stopped getting drum lessons and learnt myself, Now i want to return

m!$hA
nah frodo, i said be honest and i was wanting at least 1 person to say something like that erm
i think ill just talk to my mum bout it!?

m!$hA
well, i asked mum if we can go get a piano book so i can play songs out of it....does anyone know if you can buy books that are made up of different r&b songs (such as alicia keys/ashanti/craig david/usher or anything like that??)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.