stupid things that people really do!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

soundtrack
i know someone who works with something that has to do with some kind of "law cases/injury cases" that people submit. ok so here are some of the ones people have done:

there was a guy who was driving a winni (winabaygo) and he had got in an accident (landed in a ditch). when he reported how he got there he said,"i put the automobile on crusie-control and went in the back to make a sandwich b/c i was hungery." (this guy was really serious too! laughing out loud what and ass.

once i get some comments, ill post some more up there.

Aurora
I think he sued the car company too. laughing

soundtrack
laughing out loud

soundtrack
heres another one: there was a man who had to clean off his roof. (mean while afraid of falling) he tied himself to a piece of rope and the other end to his cars tail bumber. (picture the front of the house, car is backed in driveway, rope trailing on the ground/up the side of the house/across the top of the roof to the other side/where man is working) (<---ie. all of that so he wont fall of roof) mean while his wife doesnt realize he has tied himself to car, gets in car and starts driving away! now here is the interesting part (pictures the man fly over the house, while tied to the car...ie being dragged down the street laughing out loud ) what a dumbass What the f**k? . and guess what the wife said............" i didnt know he was tied to the car."......................ok.......so ur trying to tell me u didnt realize there was a long line of rope tied to the bumber of the car adn the extra 130+ pounds u were caring!!!!!!????? What the f**k? wacko no huh messed no expression u have to be shitten me!!!??? anyway..........thats another crazy true story.

§pearhead
I recall a Darwin Award about a religious cult that practiced and ministered their beliefs whilst standing in the middle of the freeway. Perhaps testing the generosity of strangers.

Needless to say what happened to them erm

Darth Revan
I've heard the van one before... He sued the car company for not having something about that in the manual, and won... confused

Darth Revan
My uncle's a vascular surgeon, and he got sued for something his partner did What the f**k? confused

Ushgarak
That first one is an urban legend- all the associated story about the sueing invovled even more so. It first appeared in the 70s when cruise control was first introduced and the nature of the driver changes every so often. The guy who is meant to have done the sueing is a Mr. Grazinski; I am afraid it did not happen.

I am afraid the second event that Soundtrack describes is highly dubious also. People thought it was an actual event reported in the World Weekly News in 1988 but in fact that legend had been floating around since the sixties.

Frankly, quite a lot of these things you hear are actually nonsense, or a combination and exaggeration of other events.

So if you want to find stupid things that people 'really' do, you may have to look harder.

Dexx
not THAT hard. after all...i missed my plane by a whole day once

Corran
D'oh, I remember that, it was last year when you were flying back from Canada.

Dexx
yeah...gotta be careful not to do it again.
*goes to check ticket*

Cyclops
Personal Information
By Gordon Regar

Caller on my helpline: "Hello. My computer is broken. Can you help me please?"
I answer: "Yes, I would be glad to help you. What is your name?"
Caller: "I won't tell you that."
Me: "Can you tell me what branch office you are in?"
Caller: "I am not going to tell you that either."
Me: "What type of equipment are you using?"
Caller: "No, I won't tell you that either."
Me: "Why won't you tell me these things?"
Caller: "I have been told not to give out any company or personal information over the phone."

As was posted here

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.