superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wallywestthebes
can superman be beat?

no seriously he cant be beat can he, he is just ridiculously stong

Arachnoidfreak
Yes he can. Don't be stupid. He's been beaten countless times.

Manowar
he been killed, wally--whatever the hell your name is

LeAtHerRFace
Superman can be beat. He has also been beaten. And he has died.

Alpha Centauri
He's also died as a result of one of his fights.

But yes, overall he is a ridiculously powered character.

-AC

ScarletSpider
Yeah, Lois Lane, in a fit of mental deficiency that would give Jessica Simpson a run for her money, bought a new brand of oatmeal, fortified with extra vitamins A, B, 42 and Krypton. Clark took one bite and choked like Cindarella when she got to the ball.

Then some cyborg came, and a snot nosed kid, and this other guy with stupid glasses.

Arachnoidfreak
you forgot the guy with the steel armor.

ScarletSpider
Oh yeah, that Iron Man wannabe.

moshtitan
silly iron man wannabe....i hope he rusts.

SUPERMANDAMAN
DUDE superman cant be beat i mean superman da man.

Alpha Centauri
He also has a fan club who can rival the Taliban for devotion to their leader...

-AC

wallywestthebes
is superman alive now.....so how can you say he has died UNLESS he even beat death come on lets face it he just cant be beat

Alpha Centauri
Well he has been beat. He has been killed. He has died.

-AC

wuTa
superman was dead for like a year than he was "reborn"...i liked it better when he was dead

manjaro
the funny thing is throughout supes existence he as died like four times.

doomsday killed him in battle

Lex Luthor poisoned w/kryptonite(when his charcter was still a mad scientist)

he went on this planet to explore he got too close and a kryptonite plant killed him.

before they re-did the story in '86 he was killed another time .I dont remember under what circumstances but a. it had something to do with kryptonite b. he had a beard like in Superman2 the movie and c. all the justice leaguers went to his fortress of solitude to clean his place out and one of his robots told them that he's been working on this new technique to place himself in a coma in case he's about to get killed,(kryptonite or otherwise) that way his body will get enuff time to absorb solar radiation and bring him back.

so turns out that he wasnt really dead that time but they still had a funeral for him tho

manjaro
this was way back in the day('60sor '70s I think) when the writing was all campy and kinder-garten-ey and every issue they had another creature or being that somehow managed to survive krypton's explosion.

they even had a kryptonite monster that came to earth once

then of course there's is dog krypto that was out in a rocket ship

and another time he even had a brother, but it turned out that this guy was from kyrpton's sister planet and he met w/jor-el a short while b-4 the explsoin and he'd been in stasis for all those years.of course his ship crashed on earth and he had a map w/jor-el's signature on it so supes though he was his brother.

but it doesnt stop there.......another time they showed that 3 mad scientists tried to take over the planet(unsuccessfully), and they got banished to outerspacce in stasis, blah blah blah........an asteroid knocked the ship off course and it crash landed...guess where? then they realized that the yellow sun made them stronger blah blah blah they wanted to take over the earth, wanted supes to join them, he refused, they fought, he banished back to space in a stasis pod.

Red Superfly
HAHAHAHAHA!

I can just picture that. How does Superman meet his doom? In the midst of battle? Does Lex Luthor kill him this time? No, he dies like this:

Supes: "Cool, a planet. I explore"

*Supes wanders around*

Supes: "Ooh, a plant"

*Chomp - dead*

Alpha Centauri
Kryptonian Life Superman in the black and silver suit was pretty damn cool. The only Superman I ever really liked.

-AC

Red Superfly
I bet Galactus or Silver Surfer could beat Superman.

If there's any being in the world camp enough to match up to Superman, then Silver Surfer would surely fit the bill.

Then they could fight far, far away so we can all go back to reading Batman and Spider-Man.

(sorry had to get a Silver Surfer jibe in there somewhere)

FeceMan
This was a very stupid thread that needs to be closed.

Wait, make that DELETED. This thread is so stupid that we are all dumber for having read and/or participated in it. We have now lost 10 points off of our IQ. Continuing to post here makes you lose IQ points at a rate of 1.5/post.

wallywestthebes
do you guys just not like him cause he can beat the crap out of your favoruit superhero oh and IQ boy that just was stupid alright i ought to slap you with that comment let try and be alittle more original ok

SUPERMANDAMAN
I mean really Superman cant be beatin i mean death cant even stop him.

Alpha Centauri
Superman can be beat. Death can stop him coz he has succumbed to death. He is capable of dying.

"do you guys just not like him cause he can beat the crap out of your favoruit superhero "

I like Superman. He wouldn't kick the shit out of my favourite superhero. Or my second fav. Plus, even if he could, that's no reason to hate a fictional character.

-AC

Gregory
Of course Superman could be beaten; given the right team, he could be beaten fairly easilly. It wouldn't even have to be a super-powerful team. Off the top of my head--Zatanna, Jason Blood/Etrigan, and Captain Marvel (all of whom use magic), Batman (who uses Kryptonite), and Black Canary (who uses sonic attacks, something Superman is vulnerable to).

We all know how Superman beat Lobo, right? Oh, wait ... Lobo beat the hell out of Superman; my mistake (and I hate to rub it in, but Superman lost that fight even though Lobo was dead drunk). Maybe we're using some weird definition of the phrase "can't be beaten" that I'm not familiar with?

People are going on about how "death can't stop him," as if coming back to life makes him special among the superhero community. Death didn't stop Green Arrow or Hal Jordan, either. I suppose that they can be stopped, either? Inanity.

manjaro
*lol*you said Inanity. (of course um assuming that you're refencin inane)

he he he, inanity

Alpha Centauri
Exactly. In the world of comics where everyone aside from Bucky has come back, Death not stopping you isn't that big a deal.

-AC

Gregory
What am I missing here?

manjaro
it just sounded funny to me , no ribing or anything sorry if it came off that way

Gregory
No problem.

SnakeEyes
it is obvious superman can be beaten. It has happened and will happen again. Pointless thread

wallywestthebes
you guys are all lieing and home boy alpha st patrick are you just anti superman or a moron you know that superman is amazing he is like the international sign for comicbooks come on and cant be beat meaning one who has not ben defeated ok to siplify it for you is he still around? then how could he have been beaten

Gregory
Wow, that was hard to make sense of. If you're asking how he could have ever been beaten when he's still around, being beaten does not necessarily mean being killed. You keep saying he cannot be defeated; I gave you an example when he was--Lobo beat him, and beat him badly, despite being drunk.

FeceMan
Wow. A cyber *****-slap. Now I'm IQ boy? What ever happend to FeceBreath, ShitMan, etc.?

wallywestthebes
well those are out mostly cause 1 i dont curse and 2 only IQ boy cause you were talking about IQs

ok the point is made

SUPERMANDAMAN
Guys lets settle this Superman is the best noone can kill him and noone will ever everyone he has came across he has beatin.

FeceMan
I really hate to do this but /sarcasm on or off?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.