Dark Side Jedi and Sith Lords

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

boag69
Does anyone know what is the difference between Dark Jedis and Sith Lords.

I heard somewhere that Knights of the Old Republic gave some explanation to the origins of the Sith and explained more about them.

Anybody know?

Jodo kast
You have the dark jedi which use the dark side of the force.And the Sith are a group of dark jedi which are called the sith.You also have the Sith species.Who lived on Korriban.the Sith lords were their lords and they used the force. more and more strangers became Sith.then the Sith species did extinct.And the Sith order stayed.They were defeated in some large battle against the jedi.And only two survived.And they would always stay with two. sleep

boag69
I take it that is all from the game?

Is there any clues from this as to when a person becomes a 'Darth'?

Melkórë
Uh.........when they become a "Sith Apprentice" perhaps.....seing as MAul had one......

Ushgarak
The only important distinction to remember is that 'Jedi' and 'Sith' are not states of being, they are organisations. Rather like the Scouts or the Army, you aren't born belonging to it, you join it at some point.

Now obviously, all Jedi are Light Siders and all Sith are Dark Siders. But that does not mean that just because you are a Light Sider you are definitely a Jedi- although it is 99.99% likely you are- nor does it mean that as soon as a person falls to the Dark Side he or she is a Sith- you are not a Sith until the Sith make you one.

Jedi Priestess
And correct me if Im wrong here "but only 2 there are" at any given time.

John 117
that wasn't always true, there at one point where millions of sith

the only difference between dark jedi and sith is that a dark jedi has merly fallen to the darkside, a sith is taugh in the teachings of the sith, a million year old religion based on the darkside itself

John 117
and the point made about there only being two, when the sith had an empire of their own that wasn't the case, it was after they failed to invade the repulbic and where shattered by the Jedi Order that it was desided there would only be a master and apprentice, that way there'd be little fighting over who commanded who ... that was the reason they lost the battle w/ the republic

§pearhead
But that's all in past, the point is the rule of two was instated so now there are only two sith.

As was stated Sith and Dark Jedi are different organizations; the Sith are more or less the "experts" while the Dark Jedi were simply lured to the Dark Side, it's not like they were trained by the Sith

Dexx
that would be "always"..not "only". as in..they travel in pairs. master and padawan...much like the jedi. the yerarchy(sp) is similar

and always two, at the time of tpm. they were thought of extinct.....
one eppears..there must be another one.

Ushgarak
Err, though it is actually literally true as well Dexx- only two of them, full stop.

Master Kadub
There are some explainations here that are not completely true....atleast from what I've seen....

Dark Jedi-are Jedi that have left the order for the most part, and their views dont reflect the Jedi order; they are more subject to fall upon the darkside....

Sith-are a religious sect that worship and use for lack of a better word, BLACK MAGIC; the idolize the Dark Jedi that fall upon them and when the two mix and breed together, the end result is a SITH LORD....

Jedi-they are guardians of peace and follow a strict code to protect others by use of their powers....

Ushgarak
What were the bits you thought were not completely true?

Dexx
you mean there were always only two siths at any given time?

Jedi Priestess
Now see I wouldnt say the Sith idolize the dark Jedi? At any rate it seems to me I read that the Sith utilized the power of the force for their own gain while the Jedi on the other hand lived in union with the force not so much controlling as being one with it. If that makes any sense what so ever?

John 117
both teachings believed in being one w/ the force, the dark jedi saw it as only a tool ... the sith did not so much, the Sith taught to use the force to crush opposition and rule over others, the Jedi on the other hand taught to use to force in the service and protection of others hense why the two where always at odds

Ushgarak
From a certain point onwards, yes, The EU fixes that point as the end of the final Sith Wars 1000 years back (under Darth Bane) but all we have from GL is that it happened at some point.

Mist
is dooku a darkjedi or sith? if he is a sith, why does he have apprentices (ventress etc)?

Mist
and why is he called dooku and tyrannus at the same time? vader is not called anakin during the trilogy until he comes back to the light.

Shadow_King
whoa whoa whoa so their will always be 2 siths in the universe??

Ravenor
Dooku is called Tyrannus at the same time because the Jedi didnt know he was a Sith. Had they known they probably would have referred to him as Darth Tyrannus.

Ushgarak
Yes, except in that there will be none because Anakin takes care of it, of course.

Dooku is a Sith. Ventress wasn't a proper apprentice- her entire purpose was to die.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.