Don't you just hate it when........

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Red Superfly
..........people say Batman sucks because he doesn't have superpowers?

It's always the ones who know NOTHING about the charcaters that say stuff like this. Seeing as they know nothing to begin with, it's very hard to try and convince them otherwise, and there's no point trying to sway their opinion.

It's like people who say Daredevil sucks because "he's blind" - and I always have to end up having to explain that Daredevil has better senses than ours, making him just as cool as the likes of Spider-Man, and is like Batman - to which they reply "but Batman sucks too".

Argh!

wuTa
thats funny coz its true....to me batman having no powers should make him more likable...you can relate to him..how can you relate to an alien who is weakened by green rocks?.....same thing with daredevil...daredevil is good charactor coz who would figure a blind man to be a superhero plus u like u said he's only human like batman...when i hear people say "but batman sucks too" i respond with "yea?....superman is a b*tch"

Red Superfly
That's the reason why I like Batman, and Daredevil, and the more "human" characters - I can relate to them.

Put it this way, Batman has a "wow" factor to him. If you see Batman kicking someone and laying them flat on the ground, you go "cool". If you see Superman doing the same thing, you go "meh - go blow up a planet you loser".

I like the human, low level characters. Spider-Man is my all time fave because he has his ass handed to him on a regular basis, and is more realistic for my liking. Yeah, guys throwing webbing around and flying super jets around cities isn't realistic really, but you get the idea.

It's like, when all is said and done, and the dust has settled, when someone like Batman wins, it's like "yay! wow he's so awesome to do that!", but when Superman wins it's like "I knew he would".

The charm of the underdog is the best thing.

wuTa
exactly...with batman,daredvil,and spider-man your not sure whats gonna happen..batman and daredevil are only human so they can get there ass kicked at any time and like you said spidey has had his ass handed to him many times...but the thing thats great about spidey is that he has had his ass handed to him be 2nd rate villian its not likely your gonna see that with superman or even wolverine

punkyhermy
I LOVE the fact that Batman has no super powers.It is the reason why he is my favorite superhero.(ofcourse his looks count too! wink )
And yes, I despise the argument that Batman sucks coz he has no superpowers.Batman would NOT be Batman if he had superpowers.Besides as batman says he has one, he never gives up!

Gregory
It's an absurd argument, one which I feel tells you a lot about the person making it.

§nakehead
punishers better but batman dosent suck at all

WindDancer
Superpowers heroes are over rated. There are some exceptions, but when they use their powers everytime to fight criminals it gets old very fast. Batman is by far my favorite. Detective crime investigations never get old. Batman rulez!

§nakehead
punisher better.......

Joker1237
Batman owns a lot to Dick Tracy, I read a few Tracy comics, Det work, and a great Gallery of villians like the brow, and Flattop, But yes Batman is Tracy, Holmes, Shodow, all role into one.

Joker1237
But with out the hats

Red Superfly
Thats why I love the likes of Batman, Spider-Man, and Daredevil. They are my fave superheroes because their stories have the most potential, and you always feel as though they are going to get their asses handed to them by the villain. With the more powerful superheroes like Superman, you don't get that - unless he's fighting some ridiculous otherworld God.

I'm sick of people dissing Daredevil too - it's all Ben Afflecks fault!

who?-kid
I always thought Batman possessed superpowers =>

- a very strong healing factor (he should be dead a long time ago)

- the powerful mind of an ever analyzing computer (one look from Batman and he knows all your weaknesses + of course Batman is a great inventor)

- the power to duplicate himself (I mean, how else is he going to control Wayne Enterprises, just being Bruce Wayne, training his dozens martial arts skills, inventing stuff, study files of his allies/enemies, being the best detective of the world and at the same time fighting crime, being a (ex)-member of the JLA....)

Haha, just kidding (a bit) evil face.

wuTa
how dare u defy batman nono............would you rather prefer someone who is in almost unbeatable(which makes him more lika a god than a superhero) has time to write a column, travel the galaxy, save the world, and get away with lookin identical to his alter ego...nah i'm just palyin....or am i? batman

you like batman (who doesn't have powers) other people don't like batman and like superhero's who have powers...doesn't mean they know any more or less than you...get over yourself

ÞÁØlå
easy guys..... respect others opinions yes

Red Superfly
Um, no, I won't get over myself. Why should I? I've obviously hit a nerve.

I'm sick of people telling me what to do - especially by people who are just fence sitters.

I mean if you can give a good reason as to why you don't like Batman - then I'll definitely respect that. I'm talking about people who say Batman sucks because he has no superpowers - that's it. That's the only explantion they have. They know nothing about the character, or have even READ A SINGLE COMIC of his before.

Granted, if you have read a Batman comic, gave him a chance, then fine - I never directed this posted towards them. I'm talking about the "average Joes" who take one look at Batman, find out he doesn't have superpowers, and write him off instantly.

If you actually took the time to READ the post, youll find I already said this.

*Gets angry over having to explain things twice - on a freakin message board of all places*

i don't think (especially around here) that you'll find an "average joe" or someone who doesn't know who batman is and the story behind him..and i bet most people here have read a batman comic or seen any of the shows/cartoons/or movies about batman...i think most people know batman himself...and that's why i think when people post here about not liking him it's an educated opinion...i personally don't think batman is great at all..and a big part of the reason is that he doesn't have powers...it's not the only 1, but it's a big reason....read my posts in another thread related to this...(i forgot the name of it though)

Red Superfly
I wasn't talking about around here, I meant people you meet in everyday life, your friends and stuff. They only go by the movies and TV show because thats all they've seen.

Stewie Griffin
"Batman" Just one of us? Yeah if everyone here is a freakin billionare who lives in a castle and has a butler....I never found Batman intresting either. Geez, the guy's a freakin bat. I kept yelling FLY everytime he was dangling like a dummy from the roof of a building. The guy's a hero, not SUPERhero...He has nothing "Super"

Spiderman_RJ
No, i doesnt . simply becouse he JUST suck by not having super powers, comon he should had been bitten by a radioactive bat, he would have sonar thing like daredevil and fly. pretty cool.the batman just suck.no human can do that and survive, hes a paranoid evil freak.

Ps: i have read more than a single batman comics, maybe even two.

Red Superfly
laughing

Punkyhermy
radioactive bat???
sonar thing like daredevil????
U GOTTA BE KIDDING ME!!!!
laughing out loud

The Dark Night is PERFECT just the way he is... love happy

Gregory
You're right about one thing, though. Anybody who devotes his entire life to protecting innocent people could hardly help but be an "evil freak." Hey, do you remember the scene in Obsideon Age where one of the people fighting the JLA tries to hit Batman with an axe blessed to not be able to kill good men, and it bounces ... but of course you do. You wouldn't be commenting on his character if you weren't well-aquainted with him, after all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Lenord
Not even Stan Lee did a stupid thing like that when he re-made Batman according to his image (and he is the one that started the whole "being bitten by a radioactive ....." thing).

The only superpowered hero's I really like are Spiderman (First comicbook I read and I have grown up with him) and Hal Jorden (How can you not love a guy who distroys the universe out of a tantrum)....

Spiderman_RJ
as i said once i never read any JLa comics cos they are not available at my country.and even good mans can go evil, u know.
who the hell is hal jorden is he the black GL? what is a tantrum, his ring?
im not aware of JLA members i only know the old green lantern that died

Spiderman_RJ
and most fanboys here may have not seem trow thier "batman my hero" thing and realise my posting was being incrdibily sacastic to my friend red sups

BloomBabyGirl
its not that batman sucks cuz he doesnt ave superpowers its that batman sux cuz hes superrich so he basically can BUY superpowers

Punkyhermy
Yeah, blame his luck!!!!
It is NOT his fault he was born rich!!!!
And he puts that money to DAMN GOOD USE!!!!!

Gregory
Yes, but Batman has given no indication of having "gone evil."

Hal Jordan was the original Green Lantern (well, after Alan Scott). Speaking of good men going evil, he became Parallax and tried to destroy the universe so that he could remake it in his own image; he failed. Eventually, he died stopping the Sun Eater, and eventually became the Spectre.

The black Green Lantern is John Stewart, someone else entirely.

Spiderman_RJ
no indication of going evil ?what about using his enemies as sparrings?big grin
lol dont take a though on it.thanks for the infos

Lenord
Technically speaking he did distroy the universe, he just failed to recreate it in his own image...

Spiderman_RJ
and batman loses to spiderman big grin

Punkyhermy
No he does not.I have my full confidence in him.

Spiderman_RJ
by that you shall be betrayed, for this goes the x files maximum
never trust in someone or like sounds better trust no one

Spiderman_RJ

BloomBabyGirl
i waNTED TO READ THAT ^ I REALLT DID

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.