NBA MVP Poll

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Myth
Who do you guys think will be this years MVP? I'm going with KG. Unless somebody really steps it up, he will win for sure at the rate he's been playing. Peja is probably #2 this year (thats surprising) and Tim Duncan is #3 but he is starting to make his case for the award.

octapushunter
What the hell kinda poll is this? You left all the good players off you crazy arse-hole!! Wheres Magic? Wheres the Doc? Wheres the Basketball Jesus himself- Larry the Legend?

Myth
Are you joking or something?

SAtown_punk
this year's MVP, genius...

Garnett can suck my ass

Myth
Are you that anti-Garnett? I think he is a tremendous player, very entertaining, and is a very good person as well. I love Duncan as well, but he isn't as entertaining.

alic88
kg rulez. besides when will he leave the timberwolves. aint his contract up already?

SAtown_punk
I'm not anti-garnett, I'm just very pro-duncan. Garnett is entertaining, but that doesn't matter. Duncan means so much more to his team, and he is a very fundamentally sound player. Garnett is having a gerat season, but he has nobody to pass to, so he has to take matters into his own hands. It's him, Cassell, and Spreewell. That's their team. Nobody means more to their team that Duncan does to the Spurs.

Myth
I agree that the Spurs need more from Duncan than the Wolves need from Garnett but the T-Wolves would be screwed themselves without him. Spreewell and Cassell alone couldn't carry the team. Its a shame J-Kidd didn't sign with the Spurs.

SAtown_punk
I guess, but he only would have taken up cap space. I despise Jason Kidd. Not as a player, just as a person. Tony Parker is doing alright. He'll have his off nights, but it was a great move signing Charlie Ward. Tony will end up being a great player, he just needs to mature a little more, and I think the playoffs will do that for him.

Myth
I agree. Kidd would take up salary but the Spurs would have had the budget for him. But like you said, Parker needs to mature and to do that, he needs minutes which Kidd would take away from him.

SAtown_punk
Yes. And I think another playoff run, and perhaps a championship, will do just that. On the reverse side...another championship may make the young players like Manu and Parker grow complacent, because they haven't experienced loss yet. I guess we'll just have to wait until the end of the regular season to see how things turn out.

forumcrew
i think sam cassel deserves more recognition... hes been around along time and he is great. got his first all star game this year.. and kevin garnet and the boys wouldnt be doing nearly as well without him

Myth
I think Sammy is getting the recognitioni he deserves. He is doing great and people all around the league are acknowledging that. However, this is the first year that he actually deserved to be an All-Star so he hasn't necessarily been jipped in the past either.

SAtown_punk
I agree, Myth. Cassell is a great player, but he wouldn't be doing such a great job if he didn't have Garnett to pass to. Garnett is that team, not Cassell. They make a great team, but Garnett could do it on his own, and Cassell couldn't.

Linkalicious
i'm a true Laker Fan, but this is really a 2 man race. Tim Duncan or Kevin Garnett. I personally feel that KG is a better all around player, he's more athletic, he shoots free throws better, he's quicker, and his jumper has longer range. Tim's best quality is that he can hit the bank shot...which is a beautiful and underrated shot.

Myth
I agree that it is going to come down to KG or TD. TD though, is a good team player, he is good at passing out of the post when needed, and he is also very good defensively to go along with the bank shot. KG has got the lead though with his scoring, rebounding, etc plus his team's record is better. Usually the MVP comes from one of the top 3 teams in the league which arguably could include the Spurs but at the moment, it definitely includes the Wolves.

SAtown_punk
Tim Duncan is the best all-around player in the league right now, not KG. Duncan may perhaps be the most fundamentally sound player to ever play the game, and he means more to his team than anybody in the league. He deserves it, but KG will get it.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.