What Character Has Been Overly Spoiled By Their Company.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Beyonder
So which character has been spoiled by their company?

I'd say it's Superman. Just look at DC's Superman Prime. Superman lives inside the Super Sun for thousands of centuries and comes out looking golden? IMO, that shows how much DC adores Supes. Instead of giving him a new design, Prime comes out looking golden. Luckily they didn't push the whole thing further by making him platinum.

ScarletSpider
Looking at this in a more fiscal mind, I'd say Wolverine by Marvel. If you pick up a comic, and it says "special guest star this issue" 99.9% chance it's Wolverine. Even if it's a different company's book.

FeceMan
How do you mean overly-spoiled? As in, the company lavishes their attention onto the character, or the character just becomes super-powered?

ScarletSpider
I took it the attention route, but the original example was amping up Supes' power, so I guess go either way.

Beyonder
Both actually. It's pampering them, giving them more attention, allowing them to defeat foes they leagues above them, putting them on the mantle of God, etc.

Jason Wyngarde
wolvie easy

wallywestthebes
just look how strong superman was back in the begaining and were e is today id say superman

ScarletSpider
That's happened with many characters. Hulk started out having the strength of 10 men, and Thor with his belt had the strength of 20. Or something around those lines.

FeceMan
With the short attention span of today's youth, heroes and villains need to do more and more fantastical things to keep their attention. Lifting a car just isn't enough, I'm afraid. Random explosions and stuff are necessary.

Alpha Centauri
Superman without doubt is the top.

Wolverine for attention.

-AC

Red Superfly
Yay! Everyone jump on the diss-Superman bandwagon! No, really, I'm not being sarcastic.

If there's one character who has had so much "expanding" it's Superman. They really should have killed him off for good, then at least I'd respect the character and the company.

Beyonder
Marvel's Thanos.

He first obtained the Cosmic Cubic which made him a cosmic threat.
Then got ahold of the Infinity Gauntlet which put him above the embodiment of the universe Eternity.
Lately he obtained the Heart Of The Universe and on the level of GOD.

He fought a skyfather to a stand still.
Battle Galactus' first herald Tyrant and lived.
Even fighting the Beyonder as well.

Alpha Centauri
Thanos has never obtained one of those permanently though.

-AC

Magee
Yes thats the whole point in Thanos. Your suppose to realise that subconciosly huh he knows he doesnt deserve those things wich is why he always loses them, lol god knows how he's overly spoiled. I mean if u ask me he could use more publicity....

.... Wolverine roll eyes (sarcastic) jesus if theres one spoiled character its him. I mean ffs, How many comics r there out wich involve him? If theres a crossover u know he'll be there acting like he owns everyone (he's 4ft lol) then he gets beat on. He's taken up both xmen movie's when they should have been centred around someone else, the original team...

I hate him no expression

Beyonder
Alpha Centauri

Thanos has never obtained one of those permanently though.

But to reach GOD level and above Living Tribunal is nuts. That's being spoiled right there, even Superman never actually reached GOD level.

Magee
so what ur saying is because he had so much power u dont like him?

The End was a one off series. I could see what u were saying if it was an on going comic, but it wasnt, so.... What ur saying is just stupid.

Jason Wyngarde
or spidey

morbius
superman all the way no questions

Alpha Centauri
"But to reach GOD level and above Living Tribunal is nuts. That's being spoiled right there, even Superman never actually reached GOD level."

Come on man. He had it for how long? One issue at least. The end of.

-AC

Kontraz
Im not trying to be sexist, but from looking at DC, I'd say their two main female chars. Wonder Woman from Justice Leage is pretty much invulnerable, has super strength rivaling super man's, can deflect any weapon, human or alien, with her "blind bling", etc. Then for the Teen Titans, there is starfire. She can create invincible forcefields. Throw gobs of green fire/energy/plasma whatever it is. Fly. And just generally kill everybody whenever she feels the need to. I mean, most of the other DC chars I see have at least some sort of major flaw, but those two seem to have none.

Arachnoidfreak
Take away Wonder Woman's accessories and she is powerless, i.e. her Power belt, the crown, the bracelets, the lasso...etc.

I haven't seen Starefire make forcefields yet, all I know she does is shoot the energy beams and fly.

Gregory
Does Wonder Woman still lose her powers if she's tied up?

Arachnoidfreak
I don't know. Some of the old comics get really kinky though...I was surprised to find out that they really did that.

Red Superfly
Starfire has a major flaw - she's retarded.

Black Spiderman
superman is way too spoiled

FeceMan
A good point.

VENOMous
uhh this is kind of E Z whohas the most succsesful big budget movies constantly being made? obviously spiderman by marvel

SnakeEyes
Well he is not 4 ft. It is 5 foot 3 to be exact. And him acting like he owns people, is just his attitude, no being spoiled. But other than those 2 not-so-great points, i agree with u.

Beyonder
Magee

so what ur saying is because he had so much power u dont like him

The End was a one off series. I could see what u were saying if it was an on going comic, but it wasnt, so.... What ur saying is just stupid.

Don't make me laugh. You think this is a hate thread? This threads about what character is getting star treatment from their company. All I said was that Thanos was overly lavished, not that I hate him.

And why is he overly lavished? Able to fight a skyfather, Tyrant, Galactus, Beyonder, got ahold of the cosmic cube, the Infinity Gauntlet, and the Heart of the Universe. Hell, Dr. Doom's taking a back seat because of this. Apocalypse is even getting any respect: Marvel should through him a bone or two.

Don't even label me as a hated Magee cause you've got to prove it.

Alpha Centauri

Come on man. He had it for how long? One issue at least. The end of.

It's doesn't matter how long he attained such power, to even reached GOD hood and beat LT. He actually did use it. And how did he lose? Because he was tricked by TOAA - which says alot..."Thanos only lost to GOD that's all."

Magee
So basicaly what ur saying is u wouldnt mind if Dr.Doom or Apocalypse had gotten a cosmic cube or the infinity gauntlet because u think their better villians? I think that would signify that ur not to fond of Thanos.

He has battled Odin, Tyrant, Galactus and Beyonder but he's never beat any of them, not sure about Tyrant. He even created Omega, a clone of Thanos to take down Galactus, a clone who was stronger than him.Who he couldnt control.

Apocalypse doesnt deserve any respect, the way i see it. He's been trying for what, 5000 yrs? to take over earth where he gets stoped by some little mutants. But Thanos managed to conquer Titan in a mere 2 yrs where the population is made up of beings more powerful than mutants.

ÞÁØlå
(quoting:
use the "quote" button just below the post you want to reply to yes )

Magee
No?

Beyonder
Magee

So basicaly what ur saying is u wouldnt mind if Dr.Doom or Apocalypse had gotten a cosmic cube or the infinity gauntlet because u think their better villians? I think that would signify that ur not to fond of Thanos.

He has battled Odin, Tyrant, Galactus and Beyonder but he's never beat any of them, not sure about Tyrant. He even created Omega, a clone of Thanos to take down Galactus, a clone who was stronger than him.Who he couldnt control.

Nope. I wouldn't mind if Doom or Apocalypse got a more attention. And it's not just these two, Super Skrull is another lacking any respect. Thanos is just getting too much of it. Back in the days, Dr. Doom had that stop; lately Thanos seems to have taken this role that Doom occupied. Doom should be given more higher showings as well.

I never said they were better villains, just that they deserve more respect and better showings. You still haven't proven that I hate Thanos.

Apocalypse doesnt deserve any respect, the way i see it. He's been trying for what, 5000 yrs? to take over earth where he gets stoped by some little mutants. But Thanos managed to conquer Titan in a mere 2 yrs where the population is made up of beings more powerful than mutants.

Over 5,000 years of doing nothing isn't his fault, if the writters had him take over the world or a portion of land to rule than that'd end that claim. The guy has so much potential yet he's assigned to fighting the X-Men? If Marvel's going to have a powerful megalomaniac as Apocalypse, who's equiped with Celestial tech, they should not have him do shit while Magneto and Doom run around beating up teams of heroes and ruling over some country.

GreatMuta
I would almost re-name this thread MOST OVER EXPOSED SUPER HERO . At least that is what i've come to understand. My vote would most likely go to Wolverine or Superman. But if u look at it from the company's perspective, these are their money players that area able to move books off the rack.

Red Superfly
You don't get it - Spider-Man actually deserves all this attention.

Only now is he getting the recognition he deserves.

Magee
Proving that u hate Thanos is not my life goal lol, i couldnt care if u hate him or not coz i like him.

Truth is i agree with what ur saying. Dr.Doom does deserve more attention, he's a great villian who needs to be in more comics other than F4. Apocalypse does have a lot of potential its just he's always fighting the xmen and he doesnt realy get the chance to show what he can do. If he went up against some more powerful heroes, say the Avengers he may get more respect from me. But being defeated by a bunch of mutants just doesnt show me he's anything worth seing in future comics.

§nakehead
superman gosh hes a dweeb

Beyonder
Magee

Proving that u hate Thanos is not my life goal lol, i couldnt care if u hate him or not coz i like him.

laughing SO DO I. How can I not like the guy.

Truth is i agree with what ur saying. Dr.Doom does deserve more attention, he's a great villian who needs to be in more comics other than F4. Apocalypse does have a lot of potential its just he's always fighting the xmen and he doesnt realy get the chance to show what he can do. If he went up against some more powerful heroes, say the Avengers he may get more respect from me. But being defeated by a bunch of mutants just doesnt show me he's anything worth seing in future comics.

He'd be fighting the Avengers now if the WRITTERS would just write a story about it. Doom was FF villain but then moved up to fighting the everybody else. Doom's goal and En Sabah Nur are nearly the same (world domination) not spending their life fighting one specific team - but Apocalypse can't do shit didly if writters don't write him that way. You really can't blame the guy it's out of his control.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.