speedsters

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

wallywestthebes
how is superman so close to the speed of the flash?
wasnt he only suspose to go as fast as a speeding train

ScarletSpider
And originally he could only leap buildings in a single bound. But they changed it, game him freaky telekinetic auras and crap. Now he can run close to the Flash and fly and make really good pancakes.

But, the ultimate speedster is, of course, the Whizzer. Mongoose blood, man. Mongoose blood.

Jason Wyngarde
how could anyone forget the whizzer

Jason Wyngarde
pic

ScarletSpider
I don't know! But it seems to happen. That's why I try to remind everyone of him. It's like my life's calling.

wallywestthebes
how fast is th whizzer in comparison o the flash in the kingdom come novel?

Jason Wyngarde
the whizzer has something flash will never have as ss stated MONGOOSE BLOOD! and one of the worst names of all time.

Gregory
Wait ... so Whizzer is part mongoose? Does that make him sub-human?

FeceMan
No, metahuman.

Hehehe, the Whizzer....and his costume is yellow. Like urine.

ScarletSpider
lol. He was bit by a poisonous snake while in the jungle somewhere. So instead of giving him an antivenin, he tracks down a mongoose, and injects him with mongoose blood, because mongoose eat snakes, and it just makes sense, right? Yeah. So the mongoose blood, snake venom, and cheesy 40's writing endowed him with running powers, far beyond those of mere mortal men.

FeceMan
Sheesh. Why does he even exist?

ScarletSpider
At the time Marvel/Timely/Atlas needed a speedster, Flash and Johnny Quick were on the scene and it was another popular archetype.

Later Marvel decided to start a post WWII continuity with the Fantastic Four. As Cap, Namor and the original Torch were anti-Nazi propaganda, Fantastic Four, Hulk and other comics of the early 60's are often anti-Communist/Russia propaganda. Sue Storm says something reminiscient of "this rocket flight better go swell so we can beat those russian commies!". Thus, many heroes were born to take over the archetypes of previous WWII heroes who were no longer in service because of the generation gap that Marvel instituted. That and the sliding time-line have caused a bevy of storyline problems, but whatever. One does wonder, what if Marvel had done a Crisis-esque event, restarting everything. Would characters like Whizzer, Thin Man, Blue Diamond, Red Raven and Miss America have the longevity that Marvel's post '61 characters have had?

Red Superfly
Anyone remember the Spider-Man cartoon with "The Six Forgotten Warriors"??? It was the one about the Sinister Six, and Captain America, and the Whizzer got his powers from the same formula used on Captain America? Man did they come across as LAAAAAAME!

Whizzer scares me. He's make a good villain in a slasher movie, along with Purple Man and Stiltman. *shudders*

So who's the fastest? What order is it? I'm assuming The Flash is the fastest so is it like:

Flash
Quicksilver
Superman
Whizzer?

ScarletSpider
Even if Whizzer isn't the fastest, his origin makes him the coolest. Mongoose Blood. Just mull it over. You know you can't compete with the mongoose blood. DC has a cadre of speed field based characters. Impulse, Max Mercury, a couple other Flash's, Johnny Quick etc.

Marvel has 3 more speedsters that I know of (besides Quicksilver and original Whizzer). Another Whizzer (because the name is just so great!) from an alternate earth who is a member of Squadron Supreme. His counterpart in our earth, was also a Whizzer for awhile in Squadron Sinister, later getting some sense knocked into him, changed his name to Speed Demon, and became a Spidey foe. At last there is the MILF speedster, Spitfire. Although she has a weird twist, in that she leaves a streak/wake of fire behind her as she runs, this is not from running excessivly fast, but is indeed part of her power.

Surfer 52
Silver surfer is 1 of the fastest people from marvel comics

ScarletSpider
Yes he is. We were primarily discussing the "speedster" archetype. People like the Flash and Quicksilver, who's primary power is running really fast.

Jason Wyngarde
coolest sig ever scarlet

Maelstrom
Marvel had a race to see who was the fastest i forgot the outcome but there were some real fast guys. Quicksiver couldn't even keep up or finish the race

wallywestthebes
in the marvel vs DC the flash tore up quick sliver

Jason Wyngarde
because flash is like the speed of light and quicksilver is 175

iceman19921028
Isnt The Flash supose to be th fastest man on the earth

ScarletSpider
Yes, I know it is the coolest sig ever.

Flash is the fastest man on earth, in the DCU.

Quicksilver since exposure to Isotope E has surpassed the sound barrier, but they haven't fully gauged his abilities yet. He hasn't really been in any comics lately, and I think most writers have forgotten about the speed boost.

Jason Wyngarde
i might just use the whizzer avatar.

morbius
whizzer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.