Trust...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyHorror
"Hell, I don't trust just anyone, dammit ...they have EARN my trust!"

Oh, really?

Do you eat in restaurants? (Yeah!)
How do can you trust the waitress or cooks not to spit or blow their nose in/on your food?...or poison the food?

Does someone else at your office make the coffee? (Yeah!)
How can you trust that they don't piss in it?...

Do you buy canned food at the store? (Yeah!)
How can you trust that other "stuff" isn't in that can of food? If the canning company is "inspected", is every single can of food inspected?

Do you take your car to a business for regular service? (Yeah!)
A knowledgeable mechanic can cause your car to break down within a few hundred miles of driving ...how can you trust him/them?

Have you ever been to a distribution warehouse? ...and seen sweaty workers taking a break and lying on the stacks of soft drink cans? You know ...the ones where your lips make direct contact with the cans when you drink it?

Have you ever been to a distribution warehouse? ...and seen rats and roaches running around on stacks of soft drink cans? You know ...the ones where your lips make direct contact with the cans when you drink it?

The list goes on, of course. But our lives are such that trust is forcedd upon us ...often without our knowledge or even our awareness.

So now ...who/what do YOU trust? And why?

Or do you, too, think that people have to earn your trust?

i think trust is used too regularly...i think the word trust is much more complex then it seems...

Tptmanno1
Yea,
accept would be a better word for all the things you mentioned.
For instance, I hear people B!tch all the time about killing animals for meat and bad stuff like that. My reaction is allways "so what?" I have accepted it.

I accept the fact that at a restaurant someone might spit in your food. You reduce the chances by being polite but if they did, so what?
If you kiss someone what are you doing? exchanging spit.
Not a big deal.

HockeyHorror
true^ but not always.

WindDancer
Trust? As in putting my trust on others? No, I don't like to that. Is not that I don't trust people is just that a person has to migthy honorable in order to be trusted. Of course, honor doesn't guarantee trust, but is nice to see people trying to earn some else's trust. I think that people that keep it real (or like to tell the truth) are consider pretty much trustable. Then again we are all have human error inside of us.

HockeyHorror
true^

Alpha Centauri
"I accept the fact that at a restaurant someone might spit in your food. You reduce the chances by being polite but if they did, so what?"

Some random guy who COULD have lord knows what, SPITS MUCUS into your food and you say "So What?". Disturbing......very disturbing.

Trust is a strange thing. There's people in my family that I wouldn't tell stuff that I tell certain friends. There's certain friends I wouldn't tell stuff coz they would just be dumb with the info.

All the people I'm friends with, well most, don't care how much of my trust I place in them if any at all. If I need advice from a friend or vice versa it usually works though.

I don't like it when people place their complete and unadulterated trust in me and in return think that they will get the same. It's stupid.

I think gone are the days of like, fairytale brother type friendships. My friends are just people I know, enjoy talking to and can have a laugh with. I don't really feel as though I'm a part of anything so trust isn't as major an issue as it would be. Unless it's with female friends in which case it comes into play a little more depending on how much they confide in you.

-AC

Arachnoidfreak
Holy shit man, once again Alpha has said what I would, if I had gotten here earlier. Stop!! He did hit the nail on the head though. I usually only trust certain people with certain information. I have to judge by ear. or eye. or whatever.

cermiestar
but this kind of trust differs from the kind of trust you put in your close friends...

HockeyHorror
not always^

sometimes its better to trust ur enemy than ur closest friends...

yerssot
but both will stab you in the back still

HockeyHorror
true^

yerssot
I'm good at guessing happy

Arachnoidfreak
If your "close friend" will stab you in the back, I suggest you stand back and reconsider what you think the words "close friends" means. If you're even suspicious that someone you know is capable of betrayal, they shouldn't be your close friend.

Silver Stardust
I have a hard time trusting people; that is, letting them get close to me and actually telling them things. It's because several times I've had people who I thought were close friends take what I told them and use it against me. So when people say that they don't know anything about me, it's for a reason...

Alpha Centauri
Close friends wont do anything when you're not looking. Including backstabbing. If close friends have something to say they should be gutsy enough to do it to your face.

Backstabbing isn't cool, you can only appreciate it's evils if you've been a victim.

I'm a believer in karma so I just let what goes around comes around. Everyone who has stabbed me in the back has got shit back.

Trust is never an issue with me anymore as I said though. If you trust someone and they stab you in the back, they're in the wrong. If it happens again then you were just stupid enough to let lightning strike twice. On the flipside, anyone who has my complete trust would never break it anyway, or they wouldn't have it.

It's a ***** having trust broken tho.

-AC

Silver Stardust
No kidding...and sadly enough, it's something I've been the victim of several times. Certainly makes me be more careful in choosing friends and what I tell them, though.

Alpha Centauri
It's a shame coz it can force good people into recluse-ism if you will.

Shutting yourself off doesn't solve it. Just be careful what you tell.

-AC

shaber
I'd prefer not to think of forced trrust as trust, rather as disempowerment sad

Trickster
Trust you give about things that are important to you.

I dunno, things like people not spitting in your food in restaurants isn't so much trust, it's more expectations. Like you expect them, since you are paying for your meal, to be considerate.

Yesterdays Gone
trust, yea its confusing. sometimes it seems like its easier to trust a stranger than your best friends. usually if someone is your enemy, they know about you so to say. your closest friends know how to hurt you the most, and sometimes in unintentionally will

Darth Revan
I learned a long time ago, the hard way, never to put complete trust in anybody. There are things that I would never even consider telling anybody. I know one or two people who I have been friends with for years and would, if absolutely necessary, trust with something important to me. But I wouldn't go telling them these things for no reason.

On the other hand, I don't act all cold and nasty to people I hardly know/don't trust... I'm just selective with what I tell people.

Alpha Centauri
"trust, yea its confusing. sometimes it seems like its easier to trust a stranger than your best friends. "

This is true. Simply because they can do nothing with the info that would hurt you as opposed to a close friend misusing it.

-AC

Silver Stardust
Same here...and it really bothers me when people don't understand this and keep pushing me to tell them stuff I don't want to.

Clovie
i trust ppl until they show me they are not worthy it. no expression

Paxelius
I thrust my destiny

Storm
Trust is an essential part of all successful relationships be they academic, romantic, friendly or familial.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.