Philosophy Of NOT READING!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

why do people not like to not read long posts...i always wondered this...

i made a thread on Zend-Avesta which was really interesting...and i doubt anyone read it..maybe 2 people...laughing out loud

what makes us not read alot? do we think it will be boring? or do we just want to get to the point as soon as possible laughing or is it just laziness...

smokin'

HockeyHorror
i wonder if anyoen would read this^ laughing

Jedi Priestess
why.......because as a teacher all I get done during the school year is read papers.......so for me this is my break from that. stick out tongue

HockeyHorror
laughing

§pearhead
School makes you read a lot, therefore, it must be bad messed

I dunno, I like things short and sweet if it's not a subject I'm particularly interested in

HockeyHorror
great sig^ Twisted Metal Black right?

§pearhead
Correct big grin Spectre's my best char

HockeyHorror
i used mostly..

Grimm and John Doe

mostly those two yes

§pearhead
Roadkill's my second best, actually stick out tongue

erm, we shouldn't be talking about this here laughing out loud

HockeyHorror
laughing out loud

Tptmanno1
Lazyness.
Expecially when I have other reading to do.

WindDancer
Maybe because the topic might not appeal to them? confused

Reading is fun, but if it is too repetative it gets old.

Clovie
reading on screen hurts my eyes erm
i prefer reading on paper.

Ushgarak
As far as I am concerned, the problem was more that the post was not actually that interesting at all. It had nothing to grab attention; all rather flat. If you are going to make a long post expect it to be ignored if it is dry.

HockeyHorror
well it might not seem dry to others...i guess it kinda depends on the readers interest.

Ushgarak
Well, judging by the response, yeah? I don't think it was well pitched. I don't think you should simply blame the whole problem on attention spans. Long text needs more care than short.

Ms Hyde
^ Keep it short and sw... relevant?

The Omega
Most people - I gather - won't mind reading long posts, if they have a point.

If you want to write a short novel, make sure you GUIDE your potential readers through your work. Start with a headline that tells me what to expect.
Then make a paragraph where you outline what the content will be all about.

Make line-breaks, use punctuation. Simple smile

WhiteEagle
A post that's half a page long can be scary. big grin But if I'm remotely interested in the topic and it's written well I'll usually give it a shot. One thing I can't stand is long posts that just keep going around in a circle, repeating what they said in the paragraph before. Although fortunately I rarely come across them. mad

Lord Soth
I usually don't read a w hole bunch of posts if I can reasonably predict what all of them willl say

naybean
shortage of time - I'm not gonna spend 5 mins reading 1 post when i'm only on the computer for 20. also it depends on whether its just continuous text or its well broken up. If its solid text it just looks like too much effort. Also, most of the time what is said in a page can be said in a paragraph.

nemo
depend on interest. but also partly laziness. which is why i try not to write too long.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.