Done anything out of the ordinary this week?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Baylin
Well my week has certainly been a little out of the mundane for me I can tell you!

It all started on Tuesday...
0530 got up for work feeling fine.
0630 started work everything seemed normal.
About 1100 I started getting central stomach pains, not bad, just thought it was hunger.
1400 I finally managed to get lunch by which time I was starving and the pains were getting quite bad but not unbearable.
By 1700 the pains were really bad so much so I had to leave work early, I could hardly stand up.
1800 the pain was so bad I brought my lunch up and was writhing about in agony so Mrs Baylin called the doctor.
2000 the doctor arrived took one look at me "Probably just a tummy bug nothing to fuss about" he said as I gasped out what the problem was anyway he examined me and when he pushed the right side of stomach I shot through the roof "Oh dear, looks like your appendix. You're going to hospital!" he said.
2030 an ambulance arrives and takes me to hospital.
2200 surgical doctor examines me and confirms appendicitis and arranges for surgery the next day
Over the course of the night various blood tests and x-rays are done, drips put up, but I'm so whacked out on morphine I hardly notice.
At some point in the morning the surgeon comes to see me says some stuff that I cant remember.
Porter comes and takes me to the operating theatre and several hours later I'm back on the ward totally whacked out on morphine and minus an appendix that was about to burst.
The surgeon did it all through key hole surgery so I've got just three little holes instead of a great gaping scar and I'm now back home.

I can tell you, to become ill, go to hospital, have major abdominal surgery, and be back home in just 3.5 days leaves you pretty damn shell shocked but its better than dying from peritonitis!!!! wink

Well thats my week hows yours been?

yerssot
met any cute nurses?

finti
cute nurses are a myth

Baylin
Indeed!

and cute nurses are not just myth finti!

yerssot
I knew they were located in the kennel

Baylin
Yes I keep them for my self!

yerssot
wonders who has the leish

Clovie
blink

Baylin
I must admit it really is amazing how surgeons can perform major abdominal surgery and only leave you with 3 little puncture marks and a slighlty swollen stomach

finti
ever been to a hospital in Germany???

Baylin
No, but at least now I know not to!

Fire
they can take it out through such a little whole?

Baylin
Yup apparently! They do stretch the hole quite a lot but they also tell you before hand though if theres any complications and it wont come out then they just open you up in the old fashioned way but given a choice they prefer the key hole method cos its a much quicker recovery time hence the reason I'm home 2 days later instead of 2 weeks!

I dont know if it helps with perspective but each hole is about 1 cm long.

Fire
probably

well I'm glad they cought it in time

Baylin
me too, the doctor said it was just starting to leak so it probably wouldnt have been long before it burst!

yerssot
bursts? darn... good timing you got bay

Gundark
Out of the ordinary -

Appraising a house made out of trolley cars.

Let me tell ya how freakin' happy I am about that.

Baylin
That certainly sounds erm... different?

Tptmanno1
Ohh Gundy's a real estate agent??
Gonna get a good sell there?

Nope nothing outta the ordinary.
But I did get XP on my computer finally!

Baylin
Well I'm starting to feel more ordinary again now that its week after my 'out of the ordinary' experience started. smile

Corran
Ouch.

Woody Woods
went to see one of my childhood friends this past Saturday, where we played 3 hours of Baseball. not on the same team since HighSchool.

Linkalicious
I went to Rosarito, Mexico, and i think I drank one too many cocktails that were served with Ice made from Mexican water.

As the saying goes "don't drink the water"

Well, apparently I drank the water, and now i have a wicked bad case of Montezuma's Revenge. I've had a fever, been throwing up, and have poorly digested what food i can keep down ever since Saturday afternoon. sad

TrAnCeDuO
my jiu jitsu instructors made me do 20 front leg sweeps under five minutes...i thought i was gonna vomit from exhaustion!

DarkFlower
nop

DarkFlower
nouthin out of the ordinary for me

Silver Stardust
Ouch, appendicitis, Bay? At least they got it in time...yes

Out of the ordinary...well, it's 3:20 am and I'm still online....oh, and my family's on vacation for a week and I've got the house to myself laughing out loud

Corran
Baylin I sent a card and some special doggie treats to the kennels at a getwell soon present wink

Baylin
Thanks!

Baylin
Wow this time last week I was in the recovery room following op...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.